kbz3pa

General discussion on MAME, MARP, or whatever else that doesn't belong in any of the other forums

Moderators: mahlemiut, seymour, QRS

xelnia
MARP Serf
MARP Serf

Re: kbz3pa

Post by xelnia »

5 weeks on, no action, and he's still submitting scores...so... :?:
RAX
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by RAX »

Right.
Is discussion still in progress?
Who is in charge to take the final decision and act?
Cicca
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by Cicca »

I do hope this topic is still alive, as long as we still haven't seen a final decision from site admins.....ehm....who...?!? :roll: are there still site admins here around..?!? Good point....
Are editors and confirmers undertanking the investigations that have been done for the PAC case....?!? We actually don't know...we have no feedbacks from anyone in anything (there are other posts with questions and propoals literally ignored.... :?

We had a recent take over of the site...for what...?! Not to let the hosting expire...?! It would have been a dignified death, instead of this
slow and sad agony.... :evil:
Phil Lamat
Regulation Coordinator

Post by Phil Lamat »

Kbz3pa mailed me today :

"Hello.
I’m kbz3pa, and i would talk about the cheat problem in MARP.
First, I apologize for the problem. It’s not easy to explain it here. I can’t access the MARP board. I need someone to share this mail with the others.
I never cheated, but someone very close to me did it with my user thinking that it will not be important.
I’ll explain this more detalied if neccesary.
Thanks in advance.
Kbz3pa.
"
giro-X
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by giro-X »

Sorry (not sorry), not buying it.
I shouldn't even explain why... but I think there's the need to.
First of all, the timing. We've been discussing this since December, records have been changed the days after TK spoke and that was the first reaction we saw. This whole excuse explained in the mail could be just another lame try to save the situation, for what we know, all lies, who can trust him now... who would be crazy to give him trust.
He could have sent emails before or write something in the replays... Instead what we read in one replay was merely a challenging/sarcastic tone to TK.
Then, the "even if" part. Even if, eeeeeven if that's the truth, that mysterious somebody... let me give you ideas, dear, a naive little brother? a friend? kernzy's cousin? whoever, was the person who did cheating replays in your place, honestly that wouldn't change things, would it? There is admission of cheating, and pretending that the story is true, still someone has to take responsibility and it has to be the owner of the account. If it's not his fault for creating the actual replays, it's his fault to let this person access his profile and upload those. May this be a lesson.
BBH
Editor

Post by BBH »

Phil Lamat wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 2:37 pm I never cheated, but someone very close to me did it with my user thinking that it will not be important.
I’ll explain this more detalied if neccesary.
???????

what....????

so somebody had access to your computer, who just happens to play a lot of the same games as you, used an outside means of save stating after every shot in Neo Turf Masters or every stage in Block Out and whatever Touchmaster games, and then uploaded these recordings under your MARP account for... what reason? To sabotage your name / account? And you didn't notice any of this until you got called out for having uploaded suspicious replays?

Nope, I'm not buying it. It might be too late to come clean but denying that this wasn't a premeditated attempt to cheat the system is actually going to do more damage than admitting you cheated.
Phil Lamat
Regulation Coordinator

Post by Phil Lamat »

Second mail today from kbz3pa :
"Simply, someone very close to me cheated inputs. He used my username and password to send them. It has been out of control. The fault is mine, of course. I deleted the cheat entries when I found out. Since 2000 I have been a "marper". I like it. This has happened. I apologize. I can't say more. I will accept what they decide. Thank you."
Phil Lamat
Regulation Coordinator

Post by Phil Lamat »

My point of view is the same than Giro & BBH.
This mysterious "other person who cheated" doesn't excuse anything
Cicca
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by Cicca »

That's a ridiculous nonsense.....as BBH stated, such an excuse is worse than admitting to have cheated....
Go ahead, and get rid of his scores, as it has been done with PAC....
dan
MARP Serf
MARP Serf

Post by dan »

"Someone close to me" may be another self.
kbz
Button Slapper
Button Slapper

Post by kbz »

Good afternoon.
Finally, I have access to the board.
I'll be very brief. That is the explain. You can believe or not, of course. I'm 56 and, as you can understand, if i'm banned from here... it's not my biggest fear. OK. It's your decission. Do the right thing. I apologize again for no protect my access to MARP. I don't think I'm obligated to say who did it. It's the true. See you soon or never, you'll decide.
And if you want, I will go so you don't have to argue anymore.
Best regards.
Kbz3pa
RAX
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by RAX »

According to uploads page we have here a double-account (tracked down by TK)

-kbz3pa submitted a 374194(Wolf247) score
-soon he deleted it (up page reports this as a score reduction)
-Jack Torrance submitted the exact same score (same wolf)

And if (I didn't check it yet) JackTorrance does some cheating, maybe we have some transitive property to apply
jarl69
Button Slapper
Button Slapper

Post by jarl69 »

kbz3pa what he is doing is literally making fun of people.
He should be banned immediately.
kbz
Button Slapper
Button Slapper

Post by kbz »

Sorry, guys. All the scores of kbz3pa (me) are right. If you want to ban Jack Torrance, is not my problem. I can't have control over other users. However, I know who is he, but i'm not guilty of that.
kbz
Button Slapper
Button Slapper

Post by kbz »

But if it is better for you to ban me, do it. This way you will recover some first positions. I will create a new user again and I will return to make the best performances in the games that I dominate. Or not, i'll think about it. I repeat, it's not my fault what JT does, (in part yes, because of carelessness), and all my scores are legal. I will not comment further on this.