Regarding Gaplus

General discussion on MAME, MARP, or whatever else that doesn't belong in any of the other forums

Moderators: mahlemiut, seymour, QRS

Flobeamer1922
Button Slapper
Button Slapper

Regarding Gaplus

Post by Flobeamer1922 »

So over the past few days, I've been playing Gaplus (excellent game, btw) and trying to score over a million points on it. I've been using WolfMAME 0.216 for attempts up until now, but today, I learned that 0.222 changed the default bonus life setting from 30k/70k/70k to 50k/150k/150k in order to match the operator manual. Should there be a special rule put in place for the game requiring 0.222 and beyond, or at the very least requiring 50k/150k/150k be used? And what does this mean for all the scores done on the previous default setting?
giro-X
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Re: Regarding Gaplus

Post by giro-X »

I don't think we can really DQ every past recording because of the change in MAME default settings; it would be also time consuming to try to figure out what the actual score would have been for each old replay if done with the 50/150/150 setting.

I suggest that using older settings via special rule is required. (Forcing to use older MAME versions is discouraged whenever possible.)
Flobeamer1922
Button Slapper
Button Slapper

Re: Regarding Gaplus

Post by Flobeamer1922 »

Adding a special rule for the bonus life setting would be great.