ARCA project, arcade world record list (pdf document)

General discussion on MAME, MARP, or whatever else that doesn't belong in any of the other forums

Moderators: mahlemiut, seymour, QRS

GHEMANT
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

ARCA project, arcade world record list (pdf document)

Post by GHEMANT »

Good morning,

With great pleasure, I announce that the document on the official Japanese (world) Arcade records list has been completed. This work, already published in various releases in past, was completely restored after 27 months of work.

https://www.mameretroavengers.com/doc/n ... 200331.pdf

Google Chrome is recommended for opening the pdf.

I summarize what the project is for those who read for the first time. The General Ark is the most comprehensive and in-depth project ever made in the world regarding arcade records. It focuses on certified Italian records, with a direct comparison with world records. The database considered for world records is not Twin Galaxies as the majority of users who sympathize with the topic would expect, but JHA, the Japanese high score association.

The document does not limit itself to exhibiting a sequence of titles alongside the score made with the player's name. Anyone would be able to do it. In this work, on the other hand, the game is analyzed, the score system explained and all the actions necessary to achieve the record are exposed. Basically there are secrets, strategies, bugs, various curiosities. Therefore, mysteries never disclosed are clarified, as well as advanced strategies absolutely impossible to find online, in any language. In other words, it explains how such records are possible. I know is in italian now, but in future will be also in english, sure (not translate from me, so the comprehension of the texts will be excellent).

Given the complexity and depth of the topics covered, the project is forced to limit itself to a selection of 600 games caught among the best known and most representative for the complexity of the score system (hence the name Arca, which preserves the species on board). All the software covered is part of the new era, that is the historical period between 1985/86 and 2006. The deepening made are 275. The intent is to bring this development to at least 310 deepening within a year from today.

How long did it take to carry out this project?

The work was started on June 10, 2005 with a very significant daily timetable. It has gone on almost continuously to this day. The figures are impressive.

420,220 minutes (7,003 hours) were needed only for formatting the main document. While the 275 boxes were made on a separate word sheet, which is subsequently transformed into an image. The working average for each box ranges from 300 to 600 minutes (5 ~ 10 hours). The formatting of the whole document can therefore be estimated in about 9,000 hours. This represents about a third of the total time needed to process the project. The remaining 2/3 of the time was spent on data acquisition. How? Through searches on the web, on archival websites (in 98% of cases, Japanese websites are consulted), on Japanese paper magazines of the sector, as well as on tests carried out directly on games. The proposed material has not been copied and reproduced from texts found on the web, everything has been verified and tested. It is probably impossible to determine how long it took, but at least 25,000 hours are all there.
Attachments
Immagine3.gif
Immagine3.gif (142.78 KiB) Viewed 17089 times
Immagine2.gif
Immagine2.gif (24.78 KiB) Viewed 17089 times
Immagine1.gif
Immagine1.gif (25.24 KiB) Viewed 17089 times
Shahbaz
Button Masher
Button Masher

Re: ARCA project, arcade world record list (pdf document)

Post by Shahbaz »

Your Work is Really Great !! Appreciate it. =D>

By the way, 496,250 Score in Chelnov. ??
GHEMANT
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by GHEMANT »

In Chelnov there are some secret enemies in the games. You have few frames to kill them but if you destroy you can add 50, 200 or 500 pts. 496,250 seems the maximum score.
Novice
The greatest info supplyer

Post by Novice »

DEFCON=6

amazing work.
it has most of everything what I know.
DEFence CONdition
WAR 1<< >>7 PEACE
toto64
Button Slapper
Button Slapper

Post by toto64 »

On Viewpoint you claim to have discovered the 2P continuous Star bonus. In fact you learned about this pattern from post #203 of this thread: https://5ch-ranking.com/cache/view/retro/1211697338/l50 which you didn't even find yourself.
GHEMANT
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by GHEMANT »

I known this procedure from years (sure in 2014 I knowed it), but I cannot say when I discovered this method exactly. The post that you indicated I have never seen. However it's quite irrelevant who is the author of a discovery, what matters is knowing the procedure and whether the current records use it.
toto64
Button Slapper
Button Slapper

Post by toto64 »

You're a total liar. I remember that you didn't understand the pattern back when i showed you the post in 2018, and now you're saying you've never seen it? What a scum.
GHEMANT
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by GHEMANT »

toto64 wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 3:20 pm You're a total liar. I remember that you didn't understand the pattern back when i showed you the post in 2018, and now you're saying you've never seen it? What a scum.
Let me understand.

I don't know who you are. I created the most obsessive work that exists for the high score arcade, I propose it for free for the benefit of everyone after years and years of work, and instead of complimenting you come here to break my balls? But get out of the balls and go back to being a persecutor of people like Zimer.

I have photos on my PC of that bug from 2014 (2018? LOL), but before that date my PC was dead, so I can't check if I discover before.
GHEMANT
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by GHEMANT »

toto64 wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 3:20 pm You're a total liar.
Listen carefully, asshole,

I have been helping players around the world improve their high scores for 20 years, providing informations and signaling strategies. I don't know who you are and where you come from but you just look like a poor obsessed madman. You don't know anything about my job.Here is the original photo, made by me, on mame in September 2014 (see the creation date) which shows that in september 2014 I already knew this technique (probably discover in 2013). I no longer have the previous Mame I have worked on since 1999, so I can't know the exact date when I discovered this technique.

However, you are on my blacklist.

Now continue your witch hunt very far from here.

Never show up again, you idiot.
Attachments
Immagine1.gif
Immagine1.gif (91.95 KiB) Viewed 15815 times
francoisadt1
Button Masher
Button Masher

Post by francoisadt1 »

GHEMANT wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 3:45 am I created the most obsessive work that exists for the high score arcade
Thanks for your hard work, do not get me wrong here but very little of the KLOV 100 are on your list.
Example: Pac-man,Ms.Pac-Man, Donkey Kong /DK3/DH jnr, RallyX ect...

What are those scores on Japanese & Italia and French score boards?

When can you add the KLOV 100 list of games to your list?

Without that I would not reference as your list as the most comprehensive list of arcade world records.

You can also have a quick look at CAG World Records list (http://www.classicarcadegaming.com/wr/true/index.htm)
as a starting point and compare to your list to "see" what are the gaps of gaps to include.

That would be the quickest.
GHEMANT
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by GHEMANT »

My work is profoundly different from all the databases that have been around for 35 years around the world. All the projects that collect or have collected the high score arcade (Twin Galaxies, Aurcade, Mycom, Gamest, Arcadia, JHA, C + VG UK, jvrm etc.) are limited and exhibit a list of titles with the high score, the player name and date.

This makes it easy to build a database of 5000 or 10,000 titles.

My project, on the other hand, aims to explain the actions that need to be taken to achieve high scores. In other words, I reveal the secrets that have been inexplicable to the public for 30 years. To do this I personally do a lot of research and tests on games, also I check all the websites of the present and the past, thanks to the web machine. I follow 300 Japanese players on twitter, I control 400 youtube channels, and I check the activities of countless sites that deal with high scores (the list of sites is indicated in the document).

I do this job for all 600 games in the document. It is clear that such an in-depth analysis could never be done if the database would contain thousands of games. 600 is my maximum limit.

My business spans games from late 1985 onwards. I don't manage the golden era because I'm not a fan of this historical period and I have no competence on any game of that period.
francoisadt1
Button Masher
Button Masher

Post by francoisadt1 »

Thanks now I understood. Your 600 title extract is a portion of what you have.

For example: How do one know if there were ever be a pacmam killscreener or mspacman killscreener or a very good Rally-X gamer scores on other scoreboards not known other than TG or MARP. Also what were their scores for titles other than the "major shoot-me up titles" and some racing games you have listed in your 600 list.

We will appreciate more what you have done if you make known a comparative extract as I mention:
Can you then export the TOP 100 KLOV title scores what you have I want to compare and see how other countries and scoreboards are doing or did.
https://www.arcade-museum.com/TOP100.php

Regards
Francois du Toit
Novice
The greatest info supplyer

Post by Novice »

DEFCON=7
at the 20th century, there were many Japanese nards aiming for high scores in exchange for their actual lives.
so such informations are shared among few numbers of friends.

shared as common imformations of bugs only which "does not have relation about highscore challenges" like this.

http://forums.marpirc.net/viewtopic.php ... &hilit=sci

"finishing" is requirements of Japanese gamest highscore competiton. so this bug was very famous.

I really admire GEMANT's efforts, which weren't in his native language and began his research after the boom had passed.
(gamest was bankrupted at 1999)
I would like to cooperate if possible, but the current situation is that I am busy with work and family and can not play games other than
puchi Carat.

Anyway, envy is inevitable when you do great work in a niche world.
Don't take care of fool, I want you to continue doing great work.
DEFence CONdition
WAR 1<< >>7 PEACE
GHEMANT
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by GHEMANT »

francoisadt1 wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 4:19 am Thanks now I understood. Your 600 title extract is a portion of what you have.
It is not correct.

the 600 titles of my document are clearly an extract from the existing arcade games, but they are all the games that I personally follow and of which I collect informative material. I don't work on other games.

Therefore I only work the following games from the Klov 100 list:

60. 1985 - Gauntlet
61. 1985 - Ghosts' n Goblins (Makaimura)
63. 1986 - Arkanoid
64. 1986 - Outrun
66. 1987 - 1943 The Battle of Midway
67. 1987 - Double Dragon
71. 1988 - Bad Dudes vs. Dragon Ninja (I deal with the Japanese version "Dragon Ninja")
73. 1988 - Ghouls' n Ghosts (Dai Makaimura)
74. 1988 - Tetris
75. 1989 - Golden Ax
77. 1990 - Raiden
81. 1991 - King of Monsters
85. 1992 - Mortal Kombat
87. 1994 - Daytona USA

The first 58 games are from the "golden era". Personally, as I said yesterday, I have never followed this historical period. In Italy the interest in the "golden era" ran out around 1985. After this date, the Italian players of the golden era can be counted on the fingers of one hand. As far as I know the best have been: Alessandro S., Paolo Colman, Marco Marocco and Nibbler69, but I think that today only Paolo Colman is still active.

In Japan there are no official records of the golden era. The Japanese method of collecting records does not provide for rolling over, and excludes all games with the presence of infinite patterns, moreover only the result is detected from the score table (without the presence of a referee) and almost all very old games contain problems that prevent you from considering this collection method. Therefore no score can be published for this type of game.

However I want to repeat it, my job is not to make a simple list of records, but to explain how the highest known record was made. I give an example.

Toki (Tad, 1989)

In 2009 the French player Ben Shinobi faced this game with the aim of breaking the Japanese record of 765,800 points. Seemingly it seemed impossible. However, after a few weeks of cooperation between me and him, we had discovered together the strategies to use. So in 2009 Ben Shinobi set a new record that surpassed the Japanese record of 4,000 points.

In 2018, to update the Arca document, I worked again on Toki, and I discovered new strategies to break down the 800,000 barrier. I informed Ben Shinobi that he had resumed playing. This new collaboration, after 9 years, led to a new record that exceeded 800,000 points.
GHEMANT
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by GHEMANT »

Novice wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 7:23 am I really admire GEMANT's efforts, which weren't in his native language and began his research after the boom had passed.
(gamest was bankrupted at 1999)
I would like to cooperate if possible, but the current situation is that I am busy with work and family and can not play games other than
puchi Carat.

Anyway, envy is inevitable when you do great work in a niche world.
Don't take care of fool, I want you to continue doing great work.
I really appreciate your words.

Mine is a real mission to enhance the work of the Japanese players which was unknown to the western world until 2002...