Yolympics 2019

General discussion on MAME, MARP, or whatever else that doesn't belong in any of the other forums

Moderators: mahlemiut, seymour, QRS

xelnia
MARP Serf
MARP Serf

Re: Yolympics 2019

Post by xelnia »

By popular demand, the romset for 1942 has been changed to the parent set...1942. This is Rev. B. Do not use 1942a.
xelnia
MARP Serf
MARP Serf

Post by xelnia »

The tournament officially starts in 4 1/2 hours! A few reminders before we kick off:

-Please double-check the Games/Rules. Some romsets and rules have shifted since the announcement of the game list.
-Even if you've been playing/practicing already, only games started/scores achieved after the start of the tourney are eligible for submission.
-Make sure you're using WolfMAME 0.183 for MAME submissions. Wolf. MAME. Not regular MAME. And double-check that your INPs are being recorded with the correct settings.
-This tournament is about fun and friendly competition, but don't forget to crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women.

Good luck to all the players and teams (but mostly my team)!
xelnia
MARP Serf
MARP Serf

Post by xelnia »

The tournament has officially begun! GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
INNUENDO
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by INNUENDO »

LET´S GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Long life to good games
BeeJay
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by BeeJay »

Ok... call me stupid but I don't seem to have any 'submit score' type buttons or links when on the CAG site for the tournament...

How do I go about submitting some of the pathetic scores I've managed thus far on the games?
BeeJay
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by BeeJay »

... hmm, seems like the CAG site is broken when using FireFox. I just tried with Chrome instead, and look at that there's a 'Submit Score' button on the lower left when viewing the details for a game.... kind of what I was expecting to see.

Oh well, I'll be able to upload my crud when I get back home from work tonight - hopefully I won't be too far outside the 24 hour time limit for yesterday's games by then. :)
BeeJay
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by BeeJay »

That might have put the brakes on my gaming. In the middle of an ok-ish game of Galaga and my control panel slipped partly off the desk, and when I pulled it back fully onto the desk I think it pulled a on the cable and then it stopped working. :-(

Pulling the control panel apart now, but I think I may have broken the wiring loom...
xelnia
MARP Serf
MARP Serf

Post by xelnia »

We're two weeks in! The Fast Fires are currently leading the field by 106 points. V3D and CTS are 3rd/4th, but they still have some empty slots in their game submissions. And some of the strongest players in the field have yet to submit a single score, so there could be a shake-up brewing! BBH is leading the individual standings, but Zerst is hot on his heels. Will Toobin' be the deciding game?!

Keep grinding, keep submitting, and good luck!
INNUENDO
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by INNUENDO »

Excellent contest!! I´m loving it. :)
Long life to good games
xelnia
MARP Serf
MARP Serf

Post by xelnia »

One week left in the contest! Make sure you get scores in by the deadline...it's a hard cutoff! https://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/g ... font=serif

TFF have a strong lead, but not completely unassailable. 2nd-4th are anyone's game.

Also, there are number of scores on all teams that have the potential to be DQ'd for various issues: INP playback problems, missing evidence, etc. The team captains should have alerted their respective teams by now...if you haven't heard from the lately, let me know! Bad scores will be DQ'd Wednesday night.
xelnia
MARP Serf
MARP Serf

Post by xelnia »

24 hours left in the contest! Get those scores in!
xelnia
MARP Serf
MARP Serf

Post by xelnia »

Yolympics 2019 is officially over! I'd like to thank all the players for their outstanding efforts throughout the tournament. We had 65 of the 72 registered players submit scores!

Congratulations to The Fast Fires for winning the tournament, with a final score of 1,731! Mekanix took an early lead but The Fast Fires could not be stopped. And congrats to LordBBH, who took home the individual title with 406 points! Zerst and Todayisforgotten made strong runs at 1st, but BBH is BBH. Several new players put in strong performances, like Pearl and JasonV91, so kudos to all of them as well.

I'd also like to give some special thanks to all the people that made the organization and execution of this tournament possible:

johnbart - Created an amazing tourney site, and there would have been no tourney without it.
Barra, Todayisforgotten, DaLar, ExedExes - Your amazing captains who all drafted very well and helped me manage all the information flow.
ILLSeaBass - Set up RSS/Recent Scores feed in the Discord server which was very useful, especially for me as I was tracking the flow of submissions.
Wolf (Just_Wolfman/Just_Markus/whatever) - The founder and godfather of these tournaments. Helped me verify a ton of scores.

Apologies to anyone I may have missed who helped me during the tourney.

Even though the tournament is over, please keep an eye on the Yolympics Discord. BackdoorFred and CaptainJivePants will be hosting an awards show in the next week or so...don't miss it!

Wolf is also hosting a couple of upcoming tournaments so make sure you sign up for those!

Congrats and thanks again to all the players!
INNUENDO
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by INNUENDO »

Great contest, xelnia. Congratulations. A lot of challenges and fun too. =D>
Long life to good games