Yolympics 2019

General discussion on MAME, MARP, or whatever else that doesn't belong in any of the other forums

Moderators: mahlemiut, seymour, QRS

xelnia
MARP Serf
MARP Serf

Yolympics 2019

Post by xelnia »

Yolympics has returned! The tournament will run from February 1 through March 10. This will be a 4-team tournament where the top 6 scores from each team will be used to score points for that team. Please use the new Yolympics Discord server for discussions and questions. Read on for the dates, rules and more info. I hope everyone has a safe and happy holiday season.

Quick Links
Yolympics Discord
Tournament Site

Final Game List
Team List

Team Captains
The Fast Fires: Barra
Camel Toe Silhouette: TIF
Verizontal 3D: ExedExes
Mekanix: Dalar

Dates
Tournament Start: Feburary 1, 6:00 PM PST.
Tournament End: March 10, 11:59 PM PDT. This is a hard cutoff. All submissions must be received by this time.

Games
4 games each from the following range of dates for a total of 20 games:
1982 and earlier
1983-1987
1988-1992
1993-1997
1998 and later

Game Nominations and Voting
Players will nominate 1 game per time period, using this Google Form. Players will then vote on the nominations to decide the final game list. The tournament organizer reserves the right to veto shitty games. Don't pick shitty games.

Banned Games
There are NO banned games for this tournament.

Player Registration
Players must register at https://www.cagtournaments.com. The registration period is from now until January 25, 12:00 AM PST.

Rules
-Autofire is not allowed.
-Pausing is not allowed.
-Mapping multiple keys to a single input is not allowed.
-All MAME submissions must maintain an average recorded speed over 95%.
-All submissions must include an INP or link to a stream or video. Acceptable platforms are WolfMAME 0.183 or an original arcade cab. Video-only WolfMAME submissions will be required to show the startup of the WolfMAME program and the game settings. Please submit only one attempt per INP.

Scoring
The top 6 scores from each team will score points for that team.
Last edited by xelnia on Sat Mar 09, 2019 9:45 pm, edited 8 times in total.
Kale
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Re: Yolympics 2019

Post by Kale »

Current Game Nominations (check this before nominating games!)
Omega Fighter Special is broken in 0.183 gameplay-wise, basically several smaller enemies won't shoot bullets.
xelnia
MARP Serf
MARP Serf

Post by xelnia »

Kale wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 3:58 pm
Current Game Nominations (check this before nominating games!)
Omega Fighter Special is broken in 0.183 gameplay-wise, basically several smaller enemies won't shoot bullets.
Thanks for the info. The nomination will be replaced.
INNUENDO
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by INNUENDO »

Great!! I´ll join in! :)
Long life to good games
xelnia
MARP Serf
MARP Serf

Post by xelnia »

Time for game nominations has been extended by a week. Hopefully this will give us more nominations (and give me more time to check for compatibility issues with WolfMAME 0.183). Keep spreading the word!
Gaplus
Button Masher
Button Masher

Post by Gaplus »

I'm in! :D
xelnia
MARP Serf
MARP Serf

Post by xelnia »

Game nominations will only be accepted for a few more days, so get them in ASAP! And please let me know if you see any problem games on the nomination list; I may not be able to go through the entire list before voting opens!
Kale
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by Kale »

Don't think World Series 99 can be chosen since it's a baseball game for Naomi.
And it's marked not working for a good number of reasons (namely crashes in attract, slowpoke, untested gameplay).
xelnia
MARP Serf
MARP Serf

Post by xelnia »

Voting has opened for the final game list! Not all nominations made the list, for various reasons, but we have plenty of games to choose from!

Final Game Voting
Current Vote Tally
xelnia
MARP Serf
MARP Serf

Post by xelnia »

A few notes and answers to questions I've already seen:

First: PANG PANG CAR HAS BEEN REMOVED FROM THE VOTING LIST. For lewdness. Those who voted for it please submit new votes.

1) Voting is open until the player draft starts, which right now is January 27th-ish. We are still working to schedule a time that works for everyone involved in the draft.
2) You can re-vote. Just submit a new, full vote and I'll delete the old one. Please try to keep this to a minimum though.
3) Please only vote for 3 games per time period.
4) Please be registered before you vote. If I don't recognize you or you're not on the list, I will eventually delete your vote.
5) In the case of tied votes I will choose the game that is the more unique of the tied votes and/or hasn't been in a tournament before.
6) If we end up with too many similar games (Bubble Bobble, Raiden, etc.) I will replace one with the next highest vote.
xelnia
MARP Serf
MARP Serf

Post by xelnia »

Couple of announcements/reminders:

1) The player draft will be this Sunday, 5 PM PST/8 PM EST. It will be hosted by CaptainJivePants and BackdoorFred and will be streamed on Jivey's channel: twitch.tv/captainjivepants. Don't miss it!

2) Player registration ends tonight at midnight PST, so you have about 19 1/2 hours to sign up!

3) Game voting will end when the player draft starts. Please get your votes/re-votes in ASAP.

4) Please use the time between now and the start of the tournament to familiarize yourself with WolfMAME 0.183, the Yolympics Discord server, and even your potential captains and games.
xelnia
MARP Serf
MARP Serf

Post by xelnia »

Registration is now over! We have 71 players registered, which should make for some pretty solid teams!

Don't forget to submit your game votes/re-votes by Sunday, 5 PM PST!
INNUENDO
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by INNUENDO »

Xelnia, hello.

I´ve sent a message to you. Thx!
Long life to good games
xelnia
MARP Serf
MARP Serf

Post by xelnia »

Draft is in about 12 hours at twitch.tv/captainjivepants! Get your game votes in now!
xelnia
MARP Serf
MARP Serf

Post by xelnia »

The draft is over and the final game list has been determined! Check them out below.

Game List

Team List

The tournament officially starts on Feburary 1, 6:00 PM PST. Take the next few days to coordinate with your captains and practice the games (and MAME command-line >.<)!