Need a test done...

General discussion on MAME, MARP, or whatever else that doesn't belong in any of the other forums

Moderators: mahlemiut, seymour, QRS

Need a test done...

Postby mahlemiut » Sun Mar 26, 2017 5:25 am

So, I went and got a new (albeit cheap) PC last week. Now, with the next MAME release coming up in a few days, I thought I would see if I could set up proper cross-compiling for building WolfMAME binaries, rather than that Wine-based setup I previously used. I don't yet have Wine installed (and even if I did it would be set up for 32-bit applications), so I cannot test the resulting binary. It's a small single-driver build (supports only SSV games), but it is now 64-bit, so should give a nice speed boost over previous versions. Please test it out for me, and let me know if it works fine for you.

http://mahlemiut.marpirc.net/wolf184test.7z
- Barry Rodewald
MARP Assistant Web Maintainer
Image
User avatar
mahlemiut
Editor
 
Posts: 4105
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2002 10:05 pm
Location: New Zealand

Re: Need a test done...

Postby xelnia » Sun Mar 26, 2017 8:59 am

Works fine for me. Says it's 183:

Code: Select all
Recorded using 0.183W (mame0183-700-gf3
xelnia
MARP Serf
MARP Serf
 
Posts: 108
Joined: Sat Aug 31, 2013 4:42 am

Re: Need a test done...

Postby mahlemiut » Sun Mar 26, 2017 5:39 pm

Perfect. Thanks very much.
- Barry Rodewald
MARP Assistant Web Maintainer
Image
User avatar
mahlemiut
Editor
 
Posts: 4105
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2002 10:05 pm
Location: New Zealand

Re: Need a test done...

Postby mahlemiut » Wed Mar 29, 2017 2:18 am

0.184 is now available, please let me know if there are any issues with it, remembering that I cannot test it. (I will, of course, test native Linux builds regularly)

https://github.com/mahlemiut/wolfmame/r ... ag/wolf184
- Barry Rodewald
MARP Assistant Web Maintainer
Image
User avatar
mahlemiut
Editor
 
Posts: 4105
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2002 10:05 pm
Location: New Zealand

Re: Need a test done...

Postby Agodzilla » Wed Mar 29, 2017 7:23 pm

Hi Barry,It seems that after rewriting as usual the record/playback.bat the game don't even starts,of course i have placed proper roms (and bios if needed) in proper folders,and if you double-click the mamearcade64 the games run normally(I use Win10 64bit)
It's just my fault or there is an issue? :oops:

by the way i rewrite the strings in the same way i always did:

mamearcade romname -record romname.inp -nvram_directory NUL

Thanks in advance
User avatar
Agodzilla
Button Masher
Button Masher
 
Posts: 50
Joined: Tue Jan 30, 2007 6:22 pm
Location: Florence - Italy

Re: Need a test done...

Postby mahlemiut » Wed Mar 29, 2017 7:53 pm

Filename is mamearcade64.exe now (the 64 is automatically added to the filename for 64-bit builds). Change mamearcade to mamearcade64 in the script and it should work. Will fix this soon in git.
- Barry Rodewald
MARP Assistant Web Maintainer
Image
User avatar
mahlemiut
Editor
 
Posts: 4105
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2002 10:05 pm
Location: New Zealand

Re: Need a test done...

Postby Agodzilla » Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:05 pm

Done,it works,thanx again :)
User avatar
Agodzilla
Button Masher
Button Masher
 
Posts: 50
Joined: Tue Jan 30, 2007 6:22 pm
Location: Florence - Italy


Return to General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 3 guests

cron