Yolympics 2017

General discussion on MAME, MARP, or whatever else that doesn't belong in any of the other forums

Moderators: mahlemiut, seymour, QRS

xelnia
MARP Serf
MARP Serf

Re: Yolympics 2017

Post by xelnia »

Detailed game settings can be found here. 181 settings on left, 106 on right.
xelnia
MARP Serf
MARP Serf

Post by xelnia »

Week 1 is over! Infallible Team Generator v1.0 is currently in the lead, but only by 78 points! For those of you wondering how the bonus points factor in, well...

The bonus system for this tournament has been scrapped.

After evaluating the standings and consulting with all the captains, I have decided that the bonus system I devised could cause a team to be essentially knocked out of the tournament after the first week. In the interest of fair play, and the Wolf tournament goal of including as many people as possible, I can't let that happen. The tournament therefore will only be scored using the top 6 scores from each team. Thank you to all the players who busted their asses this week to help their teams...please keep those great scores coming!
xelnia
MARP Serf
MARP Serf

Post by xelnia »

Week 2 is in the book! ITG remains in the lead. They have about the same score has last week (just few points shy of 1700), but the intense competition and the rise of Spaceballs means the ITG lead has actually increased to almost 200 points! Can anyone challenge the Infallible Team Generator v1.0, or is this now just a battle for 2nd place? Wait and see! :-)
xelnia
MARP Serf
MARP Serf

Post by xelnia »

Week 3 is finished! Again, ITG is on top by nearly 200 points. SB and BEEF are trading blows, trading off between 2nd and 3rd place by the hour. Will one of them break through and make a run at ITG? Verizontal is close on their heels...do they stand a chance?!
xelnia
MARP Serf
MARP Serf

Post by xelnia »

Week 4 is complete! We are now in the final stretch of Yolympics 2017. The cutoff for submissions is Sunday, March 5, 2017, 11:59 PM EST. This is a hard cutoff. All submissions must be received by this time.

ITG still holds on to their 200 point lead, while BEEF and Spaceballs battle for 2nd. VZ is not far behind. Will anyone be able to make a push for 1st or will ITG coast to the win?
xelnia
MARP Serf
MARP Serf

Post by xelnia »

Yolympics 2017 is over! Congratulations to the winning team, with 1,695 points: Infallible Team Generator v1.0! While Verizontal Mk. II made a valiant run, Team Beef managed to secure 2nd place in the final hours of the tournament with 1,489 points. Verizontal finished with 1,485 points and Spaceballs finished with 1,331.

Congratulations are also in order for the top player of the tournament. With 423 points and averaging a top 4 score in every game: The_Pro!

This tournament saw 74 people register, 62 people people submit scores, and 59 people score points for their teams. For those that are curious, if the bonus system had remained in place the final rankings would have been the same, but with a larger point spread between each team.

Thanks to everyone for the great scores and great competition and I hope to see you all next time!
xelnia
MARP Serf
MARP Serf

Post by xelnia »

In my haste to post the final update, I definitely left out some thank-yous. :(

Thank you to best set of captains we've had for this tournament: pwnasaurus, dwwnp, ExedExes, and QAOP_Spaceman. You guys did an excellent job in drafting your teams. Now that the tournament is over, I took a quick glance at the TG threads and I can see that you all were actively updating and motivating your teams the whole time.

Although score verifications couldn't keep up with the pace of submissions this time around, I'd like to thank krehztim for his work in verifying RU scores. And of course, thanks to Wes Copeland for his working in running the actual tournament site.