MAME not showing clones

General discussion on MAME, MARP, or whatever else that doesn't belong in any of the other forums

Moderators: mahlemiut, seymour, QRS

Cicca
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

MAME not showing clones

Post by Cicca »

I mostly use (wolf)mame via command line, so I never noticed that, having merged roms with 7Zip (where clones roms are stored into folders within the zip), the GUI dosn't show any clone, but just parents (although, if you try to run a clone via command line, it runs correctly, therefore mame supports such format)....I searched for all options, with no luck..... Any int...?!? :roll:
mahlemiut
Editor

Re: MAME not showing clones

Post by mahlemiut »

Can you set it to list all drivers, and then run a clone?
- Barry Rodewald
MARP Assistant Web Maintainer
Cicca
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by Cicca »

Sure I can, mahlemiut....but I can't (sorry...I should have explained before) when selecting the "Available" listing filter, where only parents appear....while clones are listed in the "Unavailable" list, althought thay can be selected and run....
mahlemiut
Editor

Post by mahlemiut »

Ok, sounds like the UI might not look at files within folders in a zip/7zip file, whereas the romload code ignores whether or not a file is in a folder within a zip/7zip file... although I think that's different from what's used when using the commandline (ie: you need BIOS files to be complete to load from the UI if the system has multiple BIOSes, whereas from the commandline you only need the BIOS files that you are currently using).
- Barry Rodewald
MARP Assistant Web Maintainer
Cicca
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by Cicca »

Yes...I agree with you.....should be something like that....I'm quite amazed noone has noticed that before, and fixed.... 8O