Wolf175 crashes on machines with HighDPI

General discussion on MAME, MARP, or whatever else that doesn't belong in any of the other forums

Moderators: mahlemiut, seymour, QRS

BeeJay
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Wolf175 crashes on machines with HighDPI

Post by BeeJay »

All
Wolf175 kept on crashing when I tried to get it running on our SP4 machine. I've finally got it to run, and will therefore now be able to try competing on some games in IGBY2016, by reducing the scale factor in the Windows display settings from 200% back down to 100%. It does make it rather difficult to read text etc on the high res native screen of the SP4 machine, but at least now I can get Mame running again.

Putting a note here, in case anyone else runs into the same issue with Wolf175 on their machines.

Barry
This looks like a 'known' issue that was fixed in the base Mame by way of changes to the Mame manifest files: https://github.com/mamedev/mame/commit/ ... 89b32e2cb3

Has this 'fix' possibly been lost in the WolfMame build?

Cheers,
BeeJay.
mahlemiut
Editor

Re: Wolf175 crashes on machines with HighDPI

Post by mahlemiut »

I'd doubt it's been lost, all commits from MAME are merged in to the point of the release tag. I can see that that change is there, so no idea why it doesn't happen. (scripts/resources/windows/mame.man)
- Barry Rodewald
MARP Assistant Web Maintainer
BeeJay
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by BeeJay »

Ok. Well, I can confirm that on SP4 machines, with a default scale factor of 200%, it crashes every time trying to create the DirectX stuff but as soon as I revert the scale factor on the SP4 machine to 100% it works correctly.

I'll grab the default Mame175 sometime and confirm it happens on that as well.

Cheers,
BeeJay.
The TJT
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by The TJT »

Any idea how to get rid of "analog overflow" issue in Millipede?

Technically removing mouse acceleration in Windows should work for MAME as well. But at least Wolf106 and 175 still over-accelerate and attempting a quick move results to a really slow movement.
Why can't MAME recognize the acceleration setting used in Windows?