Wolfmame 164

General discussion on MAME, MARP, or whatever else that doesn't belong in any of the other forums

Moderators: mahlemiut, seymour, QRS

wolfman24
MARP Serf
MARP Serf

Re: Wolfmame 164

Post by wolfman24 »

I just upgraded to wolfmame .164 and hooked it up to emuloader it's Image I love it barry thanks for your hard work
Zhorik
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by Zhorik »

Yeah, WolfMAME .164 is working fine for me too and I'm not seeing anything different than normal. Loving playing the new games added in .164 too, thanks Barry!
simpsons99
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by simpsons99 »

Well I guess I am not playing anymore
If you have a FB Account I'm Brian Allen
On KLOV and other sites I'm Simpsons99
Arcade Game Scores
DKJR 1,073,800 Level F Kill screen !
DK3 TG MED Skill Level 1,365,000 Level 80?
Barthax
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by Barthax »

simpsons99 wrote:Well I guess I am not playing anymore
*sigh* You have no patience and your blame is very much misplaced. A mirror may be a useful tool the next time you wish to blame someone for the record.bat.

What you are used to has been a bespoke solution tailored for you in a specific thread from this forum. It was designed to work with the version of MAME at that time. Time moves on and the MAME dev team have made changes so that what used to work for you no longer works.

That version of record.bat specifically runs mame.exe. The new version of WolfMAME (0.164) does not contain a mame.exe - it does contain a mamearcade.exe because that is a change made by MAME dev team (not Barry). Edit the record.bat and change the mame.exe to mamearcade.exe or rename the mamearcade.exe of WolfMAME 0.164 to mame.exe but remember you will need to do that rename with each new version (correct at the time of this writing).
simpsons99
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by simpsons99 »

Barthax wrote:
*sigh* You have no patience and your blame is very much misplaced. A mirror may be a useful tool the next time you wish to blame someone for the record.bat.

What you are used to has been a bespoke solution tailored for you in a specific thread from this forum. It was designed to work with the version of MAME at that time. Time moves on and the MAME dev team have made changes so that what used to work for you no longer works.

That version of record.bat specifically runs mame.exe. The new version of WolfMAME (0.164) does not contain a mame.exe - it does contain a mamearcade.exe because that is a change made by MAME dev team (not Barry). Edit the record.bat and change the mame.exe to mamearcade.exe or rename the mamearcade.exe of WolfMAME 0.164 to mame.exe but remember you will need to do that rename with each new version (correct at the time of this writing).
I do not understand how to do this
Arcade Game Scores
mahlemiut
Editor

Post by mahlemiut »

The versions of record.bat and playback.bat included should work - I do test them after compiling.

If you are indeed using the incorrect filename for the executable (as I said before, I discounted this idea as you said 0.163 was fine), then you must be using your own batch files.
In this case, you will need to edit the batch file to run mamearcade.exe instead of mame.exe. You'll need a text editor to do this, Notepad will do the job fine.

As said many times previously, open a command prompt, switch to the directory of the batch file (which is presumably also where MAME is located), and run it from there. This will provide the info needed to help diagnose what the issue is. Otherwise, we're only guessing.
- Barry Rodewald
MARP Assistant Web Maintainer
BeeJay
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by BeeJay »

simpsons99 wrote:
Barthax wrote:

I do not understand how to do this
Right click the batch file and choose the edit option. It should then open in notepad and you can read through the text to see where it launches Mame.
simpsons99
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by simpsons99 »

@echo off
if "%1" == "" goto GetGameName
set GameName=%1
SHIFT
goto CheckInpName

:RepeatGetGameName
echo If you wish to exit this loop, use CTRL+C keyboard combination or just close this window.
echo If you wish to record, please type in the short name of the game on the next line.
:GetGameName
SET GameName=
set /p GameName="Enter game name to record: "
echo Game selected: `%GameName%`
IF "%GameName%" == "" GOTO RepeatGetGameName

:CheckInpName
if "%1" == "" goto GetInpName
set InpName=%1
SHIFT
goto DoRecording

:RepeatGetInpName
echo If you wish to exit this loop, use CTRL+C keyboard combination or just close this window.
echo Please type in the name of the inp file you wish MAME to create.
:GetInpName
SET InpName=
set /p InpName="Enter inp name: "
IF "%InpName%" == "" GOTO RepeatGetInpName

:DoRecording
if exist cfg\%GameName%.cfg move cfg\%GameName%.cfg cfg\%GameName%.bak
if exist hi\%GameName%.hi move hi\%GameName%.hi hi\%GameName%.bak
if exist nvram\%GameName%.nv move nvram\%GameName%.nv nvram\%GameName%.bak
if exist diff\%GameName%.dif move diff\%GameName%.dif diff\%GameName%.bak

mame %GameName% -record %InpName%.inp %1 %2 %3 %4 %5 %6 %7 %8 %9 -nvram_directory NUL

if exist cfg\%GameName%.bak move cfg\%GameName%.bak cfg\%GameName%.cfg
if exist hi\%GameName%.bak move hi\%GameName%.bak hi\%GameName%.hi
if exist nvram\%GameName%.bak move nvram\%GameName%.bak nvram\%GameName%.nv
if exist diff\%GameName%.bak move diff\%GameName%.bak diff\%GameName%.dif
Arcade Game Scores
simpsons99
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by simpsons99 »

Got it fixed ty everyone for the help .. Yeah I thought 163 had worked before but it had the same problem
Arcade Game Scores