Astro Fighter Boss

General discussion on MAME, MARP, or whatever else that doesn't belong in any of the other forums

Moderators: mahlemiut, seymour, QRS

Frankie
Editor

Astro Fighter Boss

Post by Frankie »

Hi Everyone

I've just uplaoded a score for Astro Fighter [astrof]. As usual from me, nothing good, just 11th place, but does someone here know why I get 10.000 points for that boss, instead of the normal 300? Is that normal?

Just curious :)
Frankie
Barthax
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Re: Astro Fighter Boss

Post by Barthax »

Frankie wrote:Hi Everyone

I've just uplaoded a score for Astro Fighter [astrof]. As usual from me, nothing good, just 11th place, but does someone here know why I get 10.000 points for that boss, instead of the normal 300? Is that normal?

I've achieved it twice before & didn't know at the time but read somewhere that it is something like the 57th shot (vague memory, not exact) of the player since the start of the first stage which hits the ship - if you lose a life the counter is reset.
Frankie
Editor

Re: Astro Fighter Boss

Post by Frankie »

Barthax wrote:
Frankie wrote:Hi Everyone

I've achieved it twice before & didn't know at the time but read somewhere that it is something like the 57th shot (vague memory, not exact) of the player since the start of the first stage which hits the ship - if you lose a life the counter is reset.
Thank you, I found this on the net:

'A very large bonus of 10,000 is given for getting through 4 waves and refueling by using exactly 2 shots more than the minimum needed.'

So the number must be the number of Aliens in the 4 waves + 2, so you can only miss twice. That is not easy :-)
Frankie