My Rygar History & other Submissions

General discussion on MAME, MARP, or whatever else that doesn't belong in any of the other forums

Moderators: mahlemiut, seymour, QRS

Shahbaz
Button Masher
Button Masher

My Rygar History & other Submissions

Post by Shahbaz »

I know i am still far behind from Jap record of 12.6 million. Even i have struggled hard to find out the secrets/tactics in this game but no result found except 10 million only.

I was not good in Rygar game in the year of 1995 about score, when i was so crazy in the games, after school i used to play games almost daily, i never played any game for high score or challenge with any player, but other Pakistani players used to compete each others and they were well known about the secrets and tactics in every game, they were too much greater in the games above my sense. I have forgotten too many secrets or techniques in the games that
they were used to do. I remembered couple of techniques only, For example in vigilante the method of killing the first boss, In street smart
killing the enemies in very easy way, they also used some risky actions in Chelnov and clear with 1 life only, etc...
I have forgotten the secret about Hard Head, my Pakistani players used to make max score before 12th stage.!! A technique in Double Dragon in 2 player mode, A trick in Contra the hero will not die,. And very best in challenging games like Street Fighter, King of Fighters (all series), Art of Fighting, Taken series , In Art of Fighting a trick to take 90% life of the enemy with one combo, etc...

Well, in the year of 1995-2000, the highest score of Rygar was only 4.9m and 2nd 4.7m in my area, i remember the faces of those two players but i dont
know where they have been gone, may they have been reached more than 10m score.??!!! because those two players only play Rygar game every day
and i used to get chance to play Rygar game very often, and mostly clear its all rounds less than 30 minutes. I have also heard that some one of Pakistani players has made 15 million score in Rygar and 8.5 million score in Snow Bros.

After the year of 2000, i stopped play games due to my high study and work field. I started games in 2011 when i first time saw Rygar videos on YouTube, then i made my mind as highest challenging mode and gathered my all old memories and played with fresh mind and made this video on YouTube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bIN8tgR6D78 ,The trick that i used on last stage is created by my Pakistani players.

A big coincidence was that time, when i made this 7.3m score in Hardest level then that time there was T11 runnung on Marp, but i did not
know about it that time.

After this video "Colman Paolo" took me on TG from YouTube and then other friend showed me Marp. And i put my step in the world of games.
My all gratitude are only for these two persons otherwise there was no chance to show the little Pakistani skills in the world of game.

I have talked with some Jap friends on Twitter. "ACU" is now aiming to make 13m score of Rygar. If i am not wrong using my Google translator then one guy has 12.4m video of Rygar but after this info he never answered me back, I am also agree to buy that video but they are not listening to me I think they are afraid of me.!! Because they have watched my 10m video. http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm22608498

A good competition with WFLIMusic player after long time, he jumped 1 million from 8.3m to 9.3m, i hope he will now make 10 million.
And i saw another new submission of 2.4m (http://replay.marpirc.net/inp/3/9/1/rad ... _win81.zip), i am wondered that the speed of enemies get faster after 8th stage we can well judge it on 12th stage and later coming stages, I dont know if any conformer has took noticed about it. or is possible to change settings during game play?

*Shahbaz
Chad
Tournament Coordinator

Re: My Rygar History & other Submissions

Post by Chad »

Congrats on getting 10m, and am always looking forward to your rygar improvements. Thanks for keeping us in touch with your message. Thank you google translate too.
-skito
Shahbaz
Button Masher
Button Masher

Post by Shahbaz »

Chad wrote:Congrats on getting 10m, and am always looking forward to your rygar improvements. Thanks for keeping us in touch with your message. Thank you google translate too.
Thanks Chad. Only because of love with this game i practiced hard to reach Top scores in both US and Japanese versions. Also love other games but Rygar is my just like a dream game. :)

*Shahbaz
Shahbaz
Button Masher
Button Masher

Post by Shahbaz »

Just wanted to update my this thread.

11 Million score was already obtained couple of years ago but i was aiming to reach minimum 11.5 million score. It was very important to know about the secrets of hidden points and bonus lives, to solve this huge problem "Vertex dan" helped me that how to Fix that Random items on each Round.!! I am very grateful to him because he made at least 11 million score easy for me. And i still did not use a secret method to reach 12 million score that he told me too. Hope one day i ...

I am sharing my thoughts with some Japanese players and they are active in this game .. https://twitter.com/i/status/1235250927914725376 & https://twitter.com/i/status/1047863388133421061 --- and they also know about the theory of Rygar how to get all random items. Very hard to figure that out the random items, to do that we need to use the "Score 100th digit >< Time digit >< Repulse Bonus digit " to make the random items fix on next round, for example to get extra bonus life on 12 Round you need to make the digits in this way = (score digit 8, time 0 , repulse 64) just dont put the score digit on zero you can get bonus life on other digits too but in different graves. The digits are fixed with the grave every time. Please watch my 11 million score. And recently made a video about this mysteries. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bUFcTnUd4-Q

All Rounds are linked each others. So i doubt that 13 Round is linked with 26 Round !! just need to solve that mystery. perhaps we need to get all stars on 13 Round and then clear the Round 25 with the Certain Digits to figure that out the mystery of the Star Shape on the wall of 26 Round .. Dont know it is possible or not...

I Share this info because there are too many insane players of Rygar, hope they will find something..
Shahbaz
Button Masher
Button Masher

Post by Shahbaz »

A Big News i have heard from the Japanese player that the Score of 12.6 million by NRX is removed from the site because it was done on a wrong Factory Settings.. !! OPK told me that NRX has made up 12.6 million score in Hard Difficulty Level, so it is not acceptable, however they noticed it very late. And we talked about each other that in Hard level we can make easily 13 million score.

It was big illusion for me that 12.6 million score is how possible in Default Settings (easy level) . Thanks of God this mystery is solved.

One another big news and sad news that they found a bug in this game where we can make infinite score, so they are going to remove all high scores by Rygar in Japan. :( :cry: :(

Here is the Message and pictures from Japan side...

[{ Hello. thank you for contacting us.

GAME INN GOOD DAY 21 score was wrong factory setting. Last year, a manager at GAME INN GOOD DAY 21 noticed the fact and voluntarily dropped the score. JHA has already announced it in this tweet.
A bug has been found in Argos Warriors that keeps earning scores forever, so we are no longer counting high scores.

In principle, JHA can only officially accept high scores from a Japanese arcade.
There are several reasons. Arcade games may have different settings and difficulty levels between the overseas version and the Japanese version. It is practically impossible to keep track of all versions and make sure that play is done at factory settings.
In addition, some overseas game centers fall outside the definition of a game center set by the JHA, and unexpected confusion may occur.

For the above reasons, JHA cannot judge a score even if you send it. However, if you send the score, it is possible to inform Japanese players that there are such excellent players overseas as well through SNS and the like.

(Japanese before translation)
こんにちは。連絡をありがとうございます。

グッデイ21のスコアはfactory settingを間違えていた。昨年、グッデイ21の店長がその事実に気がつき、自発的にスコアを取り下げた。JHAではすでにこのツイートでそれを発表している。

なお、『アルゴスの戦士』には永久にスコアを稼ぎ続けるバグが見つかったため、現在はハイスコア集計を中止している。

原則として、JHAでは日本のゲームセンターで出したハイスコアしか正式に受理できない。
理由はいくつかある。アーケードゲームは、海外版と日本版で設定や難易度が異なるケースがある。すべてのバージョンを把握し、プレイが工場出荷設定で行われていることを確認することは現実的に不可能である。
また、海外のゲームセンターには、JHAが定めるゲームセンターの定義から外れるものもあり、想定外の混乱が起こる可能性がある。

以上の理由により、スコアを送ってもらってもJHAはそれを審査することができない。だが、スコアを送ってもらえば、SNSなどを通じて日本のプレイヤーに『海外にもこのように優れたプレイヤーがいる』と周知することは可能である。]}
Attachments
NRX report about Rygar11.jpg
NRX report about Rygar11.jpg (81.04 KiB) Viewed 14451 times
GHEMANT
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by GHEMANT »

if in Good Day 21 for mistake the difficulty was hard, in Alpha Station difficulty was sure normal, so:

11827300 UNK 大久保アルファステーション 東京 30/09/2002
Immagine10.png
Immagine10.png (5.26 KiB) Viewed 14447 times
Shahbaz
Button Masher
Button Masher

Post by Shahbaz »

GHEMANT wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 4:28 pm if in Good Day 21 for mistake the difficulty was hard, in Alpha Station difficulty was sure normal, so:

11827300 UNK 大久保アルファステーション 東京 30/09/2002
Immagine10.png
I need to discuss about this score with Japanese Players. Perhaps they know about the Player UNK and his score strategy as OPK player told me that he has met with NRX twice. !! For Until now, i reached on this point that ACU-H.S is Best player with 11.5 million score.!!

And i hope in Normal or Default Settings 12 million score is possible. i have made up 12.3 million score with load and save state and this is a dead end of the score...!!

Here is one another player from Brazil growing his skills in this game ... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bH3w2mpirW0&t= seems he is playing in hard level.

By the way Thanks Gemant, I hope on the Marp and TG, they will not ban this game..!!
GHEMANT
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by GHEMANT »

Try to investigate this record. The same player have a top score of 11,909,000 in Amusament Cue.
Attachments
023〜ARCADE版〜RYGARJ… … … … … …   12179040 連付き「… … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … 」RVS-RVR-03G 1.jpg
023〜ARCADE版〜RYGARJ… … … … … … 12179040 連付き「… … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … 」RVS-RVR-03G 1.jpg (88.07 KiB) Viewed 14423 times
Shahbaz
Button Masher
Button Masher

Post by Shahbaz »

I am seeing in that picture there were 4 lives remaining. Perhaps he started the game with 5 lives.. ?? There should be investigation.. !!
GHEMANT
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by GHEMANT »

I have also this
Attachments
023〜ARCADE版〜RYGARJ… … … … … …   11909450 連付き「… … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … 」RVS-RVR-03G 1.jpg
023〜ARCADE版〜RYGARJ… … … … … … 11909450 連付き「… … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … 」RVS-RVR-03G 1.jpg (181.41 KiB) Viewed 14402 times
Shahbaz
Button Masher
Button Masher

Post by Shahbaz »

RVS , RVR and NRX is a one person.. !! Its mean NRX never played in default settings.. OPK talked with me on this matter ... here are the attachments. ...
Attachments
Talk with OPK1.jpg
Talk with OPK1.jpg (96.6 KiB) Viewed 14378 times
Shahbaz
Button Masher
Button Masher

Post by Shahbaz »

Continue Talk 2...
Attachments
Talk with OPK2.jpg
Talk with OPK2.jpg (85.5 KiB) Viewed 14377 times
GHEMANT
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by GHEMANT »

excellent! so RVR was NRX!

about UNK, him has an official top score in Japan in 2002, played at game center Alpha Station in Tokyo. I suppose was normal, because a mistake in a game center is rare but possible (Good Day 21), but mistake in 2 game center at the same time is impossible, IMO.
Shahbaz
Button Masher
Button Masher

Post by Shahbaz »

A big confusion has been resolved about NRX's scores. You sent me that picture of Rygar Progressive scores in Japan that should be remake now.

About UNK Score, we need to contact with JHA may be they can give us information.

Changing the Difficulty Levels or Extend Bonus live settings are making Major Effects on the Score.. !!

"Dan" gave me a secret tip to change the only extend bonus live setting from 50000, 200000 , 500000 To 100000, 300000, 600000 . And i noticed until now that it is effecting on the Rank Shield Points to maximum it killing almost double enemies than Default Settings. This Setting can help me to reach 12 million score and i hope this setting will be acceptable on Marp. !!?? Perhaps, i can try, but i need a separate room and full easy time (3 Hrs) with Strong Stamina. !! :!: :!:
Attachments
Rygar high scores in japan.png
Rygar high scores in japan.png (275.91 KiB) Viewed 14358 times
GHEMANT
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by GHEMANT »

Marp has no rules, so you can change what you want, however JHA only accepts scores with default settings and the extend are at 50,000, 200,000, 500,000:

https://wiki.denfaminicogamer.jp/highsc ... 6%E5%A3%AB

if you change the settings, you lose the possibility to compare your high score with UNK.