zlk's 2025 bounties

General discussion on MAME, MARP, or whatever else that doesn't belong in any of the other forums

Moderators: mahlemiut, seymour, QRS

zlk
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

zlk's 2025 bounties

Post by zlk »

I have decided to offer some new bounties expiring in 2025. These bounties will expire on 11:59pm on 12/31/25. If you have any bounties that might be interesting, suggest them below. As of right now I can announce a few of the bounties I have in mind. Throughout the year I will be adding more.

Some basic rules:
You have to use wolfmame version 150 or newer unless otherwise noted.
I have to get the replay to work.
You have to follow the rules of MARP unless otherwise noted in the bounty (No nvram, use default settings, etc.)
I reserve the right to disqualify anyone, at any time, for any reason.

Here are the mame bounties:

1.) Finish Carnevil on one credit (carnevil) $50
2.) Score over 2,000,000 in tempest (tempest) Because of playback problems, you are allowed to use any wolfmame client numbered 78 or higher. $50
3.) Complete 44 levels of Venture (venture). This means you will get all the treasures and then complete the next 8 rooms. $50
4.) Score over 100,000 in Cosmic Avenger (cavenger) . $50
5.) Get to the kill-screen (level 104) in Black Widow (bwidow). Using continues gets you $50, doing it on one credit gets you $100.
6.) Score over 100,000 on Space Panic (panic). $50
7.) Score over 3,000,000 on Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom (indytemp). You can start with 7 lives if you want to :) $50
Last edited by zlk on Tue Jun 07, 2022 1:28 pm, edited 15 times in total.
GHEMANT
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Re: zlk's 2014 bounties

Post by GHEMANT »

zlk wrote:Non-mame bounties:
1) SOF-WTN told certain players that he would be willing to upload his 84m donpachi video to the internet if someone would help him do it. Go help him do it and get the video uploaded. $200.
This information is sure fake because 2 months ago I have sent a private message in japanese to offer help and him not answered me, never.
ZeroMax
Button Masher
Button Masher

Post by ZeroMax »

Yeah sounds fishy why would he need help so many Japanese players upload their vids on utube nico or fb he can just ask em. And was that thing captured at all?
I tested once with cheats Donpachi counter stops on 99.999.990

On the topic...nice bounties but not my thing hopefully somebody can claim one good luck everyone and happy new year.
zlk
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by zlk »

Here is the quote from NTSC-J whom I consider 100% reliable:

http://shmups.system11.org/viewtopic.ph ... hi#p964396

Whether or not the video ever gets uploaded is another matter. People have told me that if you travel to a specific arcade in Tokyo you can ask to watch the video. I don't have the details in front of me though.
GHEMANT
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by GHEMANT »

I sent a message to WTN just after this message on shmups.com.
Haze
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by Haze »

Hi,

you don't want to play Tempest on current versions, it's bugged, it fails the pokey RNG protection checks when you reach a certain score / stage, probably broke when Liberator was fixed (that also uses the pokey RNG for protection on later stages, but apparently in a way incompatible with Tempest despite it being the same chip)

I'd love to see some bounties for people to get to the bottom of some of the actual record / playback bugs in MAME, really annoying that things like B.Rap Boys go out of sync so frequently, because I'm almost sure there are some lingering protection edge cases, but unless something has changed recently all the replays lose sync too early to check / record a possible issue!
zlk
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by zlk »

Thanks for the info Haze! I will allow people to record tempest on any version going back to wolfmame 78. That should allow proper playback.
Chufoglu
MARP Serf
MARP Serf

Post by Chufoglu »

I am trying to finish Toobin, but i can´t even get class 6. This game is very difficult for 1CC.
kernzy
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by kernzy »

wow! cash bounties!!
i make that 4 simultaneous online MAME contests at once.
then nothing for 8 months. can't they be staggered? sheesh!!
CrazyKongFan
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by CrazyKongFan »

kernzy wrote:wow! cash bounties!!
i make that 4 simultaneous online MAME contests at once.
then nothing for 8 months. can't they be staggered? sheesh!!
well, zlk's bounty runs the entire year, so it'd be kinda hard to stagger it :lol:
Chufoglu
MARP Serf
MARP Serf

Post by Chufoglu »

I surrender with Toobin. My best in stages is 5-6 (without inp). And my best game: http://replay.marpirc.net/r/toobin
zlk
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by zlk »

Chufoglu wrote:I surrender with Toobin. My best in stages is 5-6 (without inp). And my best game: http://replay.marpirc.net/r/toobin
Keep trying! Maybe try different routes and patterns. You might be able to finish the game!
TRB_MetroidTeam
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by TRB_MetroidTeam »

Hi John, thanks for the bounties again. Anyway, as a shmup player, why not participate in K11, at least round 1?

Go Potante, go go go!
Valter "TRB" - The Real Battle
Metroid Team, from Brazil
Crazy Taxi and Crazy Taxi 2 world champions
zlk
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by zlk »

I have so little time to do anything these days, so I can't participate in the 1st round of K1. :(
Chufoglu
MARP Serf
MARP Serf

Post by Chufoglu »

jerky is approaching!