Mortal Kombat Replays on YouTube

General discussion on MAME, MARP, or whatever else that doesn't belong in any of the other forums

Moderators: mahlemiut, seymour, QRS

Manfredini-RS
Button Slapper
Button Slapper

Re: Mortal Kombat Replays on YouTube

Post by Manfredini-RS »

About score system i doubt that score changes for each characters except Sonia (with Sonya is not possible play against Reptile). Because each character have the same pattern to play for max score possibile: only close high kick for all time + last hit with throw + fatality or something similar. Work with all chara. So I can say that if you made 25m with Raiden you can obtain the same score also with Sub-zero or Scorpion etc.
Thats not quite right, there is lots of techniques to get more points, and that varies from character to character. For example, with raiden it is possible to combine torpedos with other attacks to finish the round very quickly and earning more points from the time bonus that in the end you end up earning more points than if you would finish the round only using the knee kick (wich is very time consuming). Raiden has 3 attacks that values 5,000 (knee , throw and torpedo) and scorpion has only 2 (knee, throw). Jonny has shadow kick that also values 5,000 and also is possilble to make powerfull combos so,you finish quickly and earns lots of 5,000s from the shadows and also ean lots of extra points as time bonus. With raiden there is also some techniques that you can win the round and still throw an extra 2 torpedos followed by a hell fast teleport+fatalitty. On the other hand, scorpion has the harpoon+knee combo that combined values 7,000 and does less damage so you can throw lots of theae to get more points, specially on the leeching round ( the round that you lose). Raiden, in lots of specific situations ,has also the combination knee+torpedo that toghether values 10,000 and is very fast... There so much possible combos to earn the fight quickly and at the same time trhows lots of 5000 poitns hits and in the end earn more points from time bonus. Thre is also some situations that i can lock the oponnent in the side of the screen, give a knee followed by a trhow to the other side followed by a rapid torpedo, this would earn 15,000 points in less than 4 seconds. There is much more... If i would write all the possible combinations here you would spent hours reading this. The key to maximize score is to throw specific fast and high valuable combos at the right times to finish the round as soon as possible andbstill get more points from time bonus. Dont forget that each second you lost you lose 1,000 points.
Mortal kombat has lots of powerfull combos and possiblities, thats why this game is so amazing...
GHEMANT
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by GHEMANT »

Do you want a big suggest?

Open a topic here called "Mortal Kombat WR" and post wolfmame replay in revision 5.0 with your max score possible with each character and Reptile included. (about the 2.7m extra points from bonus I must think.... Have you a opinion about this?), in future, when the Marp's rules will changed for this game your replays will be already.
Manfredini-RS
Button Slapper
Button Slapper

Post by Manfredini-RS »

GHEMANT wrote:Do you want a big suggest?

Open a topic here called "Mortal Kombat WR" and post wolfmame replay in revision 5.0 with your max score possible with each character and Reptile included. (about the 2.7m extra points from bonus I must think.... Have you a opinion about this?), in future, when the Marp's rules will changed for this game your replays will be already.
Done. viewtopic.php?f=2&t=15279
Manfredini-RS
Button Slapper
Button Slapper

Post by Manfredini-RS »

New: Scorpion 25,390,500
http://youtu.be/3r9d8W4AWjg

For all scorpion fans out there !
GHEMANT
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by GHEMANT »

Again...congratulations for this new WR!! I wait news also for other characters. :D
TRB_MetroidTeam
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by TRB_MetroidTeam »

Parabéns fera! Continue... :)
Valter "TRB" - The Real Battle
Metroid Team, from Brazil
Crazy Taxi and Crazy Taxi 2 world champions
Manfredini-RS
Button Slapper
Button Slapper

Post by Manfredini-RS »

New World Record !!
Scorpion 26,022,000
4 Rounds each fight: 1 Draw with Max Points, 1 Leech with Max Points, 2 Flawless with near Max Points each
http://youtu.be/VstKsX8xwMg
GHEMANT
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by GHEMANT »

Is the first time after 20 years... draw pattern in Mortal kombat 1!!!

this score is definitive WR I think.... :)
zlk
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by zlk »

Very impressive play Manfredini-RS!
Manfredini-RS
Button Slapper
Button Slapper

Post by Manfredini-RS »

GHEMANT wrote:Is the first time after 20 years... draw pattern in Mortal kombat 1!!!

this score is definitive WR I think.... :)
ThnX !
By the way, i posted a new Mortal Kombat Video:

New: Johnny Cage Speed Run 6:45
http://youtu.be/Lx0jPhr_Byw

Don't know if this is Mk1 Speed Run W.R. Maybe ??
GHEMANT
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by GHEMANT »

No idea sorry, I know only about hi-score, not speed run.
Manfredini-RS
Button Slapper
Button Slapper

Post by Manfredini-RS »

Hi All, i submitted a score of 15,055,000 (wich is equivalent to a 26,150,000 with reptile)... Only waiting for confirmation to post to youtube. Does anyone here can confirm my score ?

Thank You All...
GHEMANT
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by GHEMANT »

I request the same a some editors. Manfredini, I suggest you to add in this forum your wolf112 replay about 26m replay, is possible?
Manfredini-RS
Button Slapper
Button Slapper

Post by Manfredini-RS »

GHEMANT wrote:I request the same a some editors. Manfredini, I suggest you to add in this forum your wolf112 replay about 26m replay, is possible?
Sure. I'm currently working on the near 26,150,000 wich i think is pretty near to the absolute maximum that is possible to achieve in the game (without the bonus bug exploit)... but.... as you can imagine is a hell difficult to get a perfect run.. already tried more than 200 times... each fail i have to start all over from the 40 reptile enabling fights, thats why its almost a marathon to get one of these 26.1+

anyway as soon as i achieve it i will be posting it here.

Regards...
GHEMANT
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by GHEMANT »

Any news about a possible improvement?