saulonpb

General discussion on MAME, MARP, or whatever else that doesn't belong in any of the other forums

Moderators: mahlemiut, seymour, QRS

simpsons99
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

saulonpb

Post by simpsons99 »

When does this player Stalk me like my ex GF LOL!

Why me?
If you have a FB Account I'm Brian Allen
On KLOV and other sites I'm Simpsons99
Arcade Game Scores
DKJR 1,073,800 Level F Kill screen !
DK3 TG MED Skill Level 1,365,000 Level 80?
DaLar
Button Masher
Button Masher

Re: saulonpb

Post by DaLar »

simpsons99 on bjtwinp wrote:Do you ever play your own games? I notice you never play the games i can murder you in.. HMMM Why not?
Funny..
BBH
Editor

Post by BBH »

always the victim...
simpsons99
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by simpsons99 »

BBH wrote:always the victim...
Sure you would say that what else you going to say?
Arcade Game Scores
giro-X
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by giro-X »

simpsons99 wrote:Why me?
Relax, dude :D first of all, complaining doesn't get any good. Playing again only helps you to get back to a better ranking. If someone beats you, you just pass from a 1st place to a 2nd or from a 2nd to a 3rd etc. and I sincerely think (but there's different opinion about) that 1st place is not a must. Sometimes even a 3rd place is worth, it depends on the game, on your recording and such things. I see that very often you load some scores which are far away from 1st place, guess because you wanted to try and nothing else.
However it's obvious that if you try a lot, lot, LOT of games you can't manage to become hyper-good in each of them, and beating you usually can be easy. There are, up to now, 523 scores with your name in the whole Marp =P so it's also obvious it can happen that you get beated several times by the same person. If you would have only 20 scores, and you got beated in all 20 scores on purpose, that would sound weird. But you have 523, I mean :D to make an example, think if Phil Lamat would care about players that "stalk" (citation from you) his scores, considering that he has a total of 2460 scores... would go crazy =P You have to understand that it can happen, you shouldn't give importance to it. It's all a matter of big numbers.
I don't think that saulonpb "stalks" you not even anybody else does. I daily or weekly see what is loaded - and I sincerely never thought that happened.

Sorry if I picked up this old (well... one month ago only) thread, I saw I was going to beat you soon in raimaisjo and so =P I thought of all this, I had to say mine. (I would have planned that score even without your recording, relax)
simpsons99
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by simpsons99 »

giro-X wrote:
simpsons99 wrote:Why me?
Relax, dude :D first of all, complaining doesn't get any good. Playing again only helps you to get back to a better ranking. If someone beats you, you just pass from a 1st place to a 2nd or from a 2nd to a 3rd etc. and I sincerely think (but there's different opinion about) that 1st place is not a must. Sometimes even a 3rd place is worth, it depends on the game, on your recording and such things. I see that very often you load some scores which are far away from 1st place, guess because you wanted to try and nothing else.
However it's obvious that if you try a lot, lot, LOT of games you can't manage to become hyper-good in each of them, and beating you usually can be easy. There are, up to now, 523 scores with your name in the whole Marp =P so it's also obvious it can happen that you get beated several times by the same person. If you would have only 20 scores, and you got beated in all 20 scores on purpose, that would sound weird. But you have 523, I mean :D to make an example, think if Phil Lamat would care about players that "stalk" (citation from you) his scores, considering that he has a total of 2460 scores... would go crazy =P You have to understand that it can happen, you shouldn't give importance to it. It's all a matter of big numbers.
I don't think that saulonpb "stalks" you not even anybody else does. I daily or weekly see what is loaded - and I sincerely never thought that happened.

Sorry if I picked up this old (well... one month ago only) thread, I saw I was going to beat you soon in raimaisjo and so =P I thought of all this, I had to say mine. (I would have planned that score even without your recording, relax)

really this happens often.. Look at the Timeline inbetween these scores .

http://replay.marpirc.net/r/stera
Arcade Game Scores
ballas
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by ballas »

I think what happens is people will watch the new submissions and try and beat them if they are nr1. This is good for the scoreboard.
KVD
Koos van Dyk
Johannesburg
SOUTH AFRICA
Chad
Tournament Coordinator

Post by Chad »

Or the time line relevance is just a clue that there are more people than just you that are clone hunting. Clone Hunting = Scanning mame for any new games that don't have difficult first places on them to tag and bag a 1rst for a new clone. Nice link by the way!
-skito
kernzy
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by kernzy »

it's just because you have brought it to his attention that it exists!
:D
simpsons99
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by simpsons99 »

kernzy wrote:it's just because you have brought it to his attention that it exists!
:D
your funny... He was doing it is why i noticed
Arcade Game Scores
giro-X
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by giro-X »

Chad wrote:Or the time line relevance is just a clue that there are more people than just you that are clone hunting. Clone Hunting = Scanning mame for any new games that don't have difficult first places on them to tag and bag a 1rst for a new clone. Nice link by the way!
I must admit I do the scanning for OLD mame games sometimes - if there's one thing that I hate is that a first place is taken too much easily. I feel like I have to improve it, sometimes - then if someone beats me again, at least the game will have some better scores than before :wink: