To my haters

General discussion on MAME, MARP, or whatever else that doesn't belong in any of the other forums

Moderators: mahlemiut, seymour, QRS

kernzy
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Re: To my haters

Post by kernzy »

I HATE YOU ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :^o
lol!!!!
scores are there to be beaten. that is it. that is all. period. full stop.
my bomb jack marathon record was smashed on tg by Paolo dyo Colman. he got 50 million. VERY IMPRESSIVE!!!!!
thats what these sites are all about. COMPETITION. I only used to enter my best scores, then after a while,. i entered most of them, almost like what arnold swarzennegger did with his trousers, to embarrass myself into beating them again. (arnie's calf's were his weakest body part, laughable, so he cut all his trousers off at the knees to shame himself into training harder)
i watched paulo's game. it must have taken him 24 hours.
so, instead of getting annoyed, i stepped up my game to regain my crown. i am now currently going for both tournament and marathon records in the same game. hopefully, some of you guys will give me some credit when i achieve it!!! lol! will that make me a gaming legend? gamer of the new century?? ha!!!!
i tried for the 1st time yesterday. i got 3.8 million with my first 5 lives, so i was well on the way. i got 10 s coins and reached 450 sheets, but the game ended on 39 million. i was too greedy, going for bonus on rounds that are nearly impossible. shame. took about 4 hours. i don't know wether to upload it or wait for the biggie!!! also, i beat the tournament record on my first life on another game, which is posted here on marp.
what i mean to say is, when someone beats your score, beat it back. if you can't, then that is the end of it.
if someone is following you and beating your scores, follow them back and beat them again.
if you cannot win, you should give respect to whoever is better than you. complaining that someone is better than you is childish. BEAT THEM!!!
there is a war on for your mind, and only you can win it.
here is a fitting tune also!!!!! PERFECT!!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6gSb2A4m ... re=related
BAHAHAHAAAAA!!!! (only joking!!!!!)
PEACE OUT FROM LONDON!!!!!!!!!!!
Last edited by kernzy on Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
BBH
Editor

Post by BBH »

simpsons99 wrote:
Oh Matt your so bitter about everything.

You never forgive anyone for there mistakes . You keep holding it over there head .

I don'nt know how you can be a lead person on this site acting like this .

Heck you told me last June when we met at the Nw Pinball and Arcade show.
*I really don'nt have time to play anymore Yes i know it's really sad*

seems like you have alot more time recently for this?
Oh you're still making up lies about me? Fantastic. I don't recall saying anything of the sort to you, why would I even be there in the first place if I "didn't have time to play anymore"? All I remember saying to you was apologizing for beating your Toppy & Rappy score and saying it was a dumb game (which really doesn't need to be apologized for because that's honestly how I felt about the game, which had nothing to do with you). Considering we've already established how bad your memory is about things YOU'VE said and done...

Actually, what's really funny about this is when I bring up proof of things you've done, you say I "can't let anything go" and call the threads I linked to on CAG "old crap". But now you're trying to bring up something I allegedly said a year ago, which is in the same timeframe as the "old crap" threads? Pot, kettle, black...
The_Pro
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by The_Pro »

Derp.
Aurcade - Find the coin-op games you want to play!
simpsons99
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by simpsons99 »

Huh what?

Matt keep up with the fourms i'm the pot i guess . That has the tea in it .... AKA George
The_Pro wrote:Derp.
If you have a FB Account I'm Brian Allen
On KLOV and other sites I'm Simpsons99
Arcade Game Scores
DKJR 1,073,800 Level F Kill screen !
DK3 TG MED Skill Level 1,365,000 Level 80?
mahlemiut
Editor

Post by mahlemiut »

Barthax wrote:Which way is this conversation heading? http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/c ... ild_db.jpg
- Barry Rodewald
MARP Assistant Web Maintainer
simpsons99
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by simpsons99 »

I guess this is a joke like everything else .

I do ty the people that actlly brought something to the subject .
mahlemiut wrote:
Barthax wrote:Which way is this conversation heading? http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/c ... ild_db.jpg
Arcade Game Scores
Zhorik
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by Zhorik »

simpsons99 wrote:I'm not surprized you feel this way about me George . You have showed dislike for me for awhile now. I really feel i wasted my time watching you play Q-Bert at Rich's arcade for many hours pulling for you to get this record.
Wrong George. You're thinking of George Leutz , I'm George Strain. You may owe one or both of us an apology, but I don't think he likes you very much either.
simpsons99 wrote:i have posted before i can not watch others recordings on newer versons of mame . I can'nt even watch my own recordings once I name the file from inp.
And I trust you've spent zero time trying to rectify this problem in the last 8 weeks. If you have a process that lets you replay your recordings before you change their names, have you tried changing the names back to their default and using the process that works for you? Everybody else can do it. It's not that hard.
simpsons99 wrote:Jungle King had never beaten the game before and got through the 4th screen.. I was quite happy with that first score i posted .. It just happened to be first place .
Your score would have put you 13th of 14th on the parent rom set. It was a very weak score which I considered and still consider "junk". Please don't claim you spent much effort getting it. "It just happened to be first place" because you specifically were targetting a romset with weak or no scores to get a cheap leaderboard first. It's also interesting that you'd singled out Jungle King as what you considered one of the most "overrated classics" on the CAG forums.
simpsons99 wrote:I have since upped my score near 22k on the 3rd level.I feel that is quite a inprovement over the score i posted before.
Yes, once you spent a bit more time playing you got a little better. That's usually how it works. When you spent no time on your original junk score, it's not suprising you quickly made "quite a inprovement".
simpsons99 wrote:But i still got the same rude post by you.
Incorrect as usual. I made a different rude post.
simpsons99 wrote:without any real reasons for them. Other than be hatefull towards me .
You've been given plenty of reasons. You just chose to deny they are real. As DaLar said early in this thread, I don't think you really want feedback; instead you want pity and others to speak out in your defense. Of course I knew all along it's pointless giving you any feedback since it clearly doesn't get through. My first post was more for the MARP community to understand things than you, and I wouldn't have made this second post if you hadn't been confusing my identity. You're going to act how you act (and spell how you spell) regardless of what anybody says. It doesn't mean I have to like it.

-George
simpsons99
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by simpsons99 »

First off I want to say Sorry Guess i did have the wrong George . I would have never guessed there would be alot of people in the hobby with the same first name.. Seems George, Mark seem to be very common names in our hobby .

Why did i start playing Jungle King? Becouse i never really played it in the arcade. I wanted play something i had'nt really played . Get past certain parts that i've never passed before.

About watching the inps.. I have to name the inp files .. I got some people compaining that confirm my scores that all files where just named *inp*

Yes i have tryed to figure this out but i don'nt understand it at all.

George i don'nt think i know your handle on the other fourms
Arcade Game Scores
CrazyKongFan
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by CrazyKongFan »

I'm not sure why you're having so much problems with .inp naming. I just did a test with wolfmame145 and nibbler. All I typed from the command line (in the wolfmame145 directory) was "record nibbler nibbler". It played nibbler and named the inp file nibbler.inp (and recorded it in the INP directory). To play it back, I just typed "playback nibbler nibbler". The first name after record/playback is the ROMset, the 2nd name is your INP file (it adds the .inp for you automatically). It's not rocket science...
BeeJay
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by BeeJay »

kernzy wrote:I HATE YOU ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :^o
lol!!!!
my bomb jack marathon record was smashed on tg by Paolo dyo Colman. he got 50 million. VERY IMPRESSIVE!!!!!
I remember playing a 24 hour game of Bomb Jack as a fundraiser back in 1984. If I'd know about TG back than I'd have recorded the 70million point game. ;)

Cheers,
BeeJay.

PS: It clocks at 100,000,000 points.
Zerstorung
Button Masher
Button Masher

Post by Zerstorung »

I don't want to get involved in this argument, but I would like to explain the problem Brian is having with .inp playback in wolf145. The mame file has a builtin GUI that allows you to search for and select games without having to deal with the CLI. In the mame folder, there are additonally two batch files that run the program with the -record and -playback parameters included. Any recordings made with record.bat name the resulting input file null.inp, or ".inp", and playback.bat can only read the file named null.inp in the inp folder.

Once you have completed the recording and rename null.inp to a proper file name, it cannot be easily reversed, because windows does not allow users to freely enter a filename as ".inp". Consequently, any downloaded inp files not named null.inp cannot be played back through the GUI. I attempted to explain using the CLI to Brian before, but he prefers to just use the GUI.
Zhorik
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by Zhorik »

Zerstorung wrote:I would like to explain the problem Brian is having with .inp playback in wolf145. Any recordings made with record.bat name the resulting input file null.inp, or ".inp", and playback.bat can only read the file named null.inp in the inp folder.

Once you have completed the recording and rename null.inp to a proper file name, it cannot be easily reversed, because windows does not allow users to freely enter a filename as ".inp".
If this is in fact the problem Brian is having, there's a simple trick you can use to change the file name to ".inp" that works in Windows 7 or Vista (not sure about XP). If you try to rename the file by changing its name to ".inp" you will get the error "You must type a file name." The trick is to instead change the name to ".inp." Windows will allow this and then will automatically remove the extra "." at the end of the name you gave, leaving you with just the ".inp" you wanted.

-George
simpsons99
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by simpsons99 »

I did'nt know anything about Mame and Inp files around this time last year ... Mark A has really teached me on how to use Wolf106 .. But when it comes to newer versons i still don'nt have a clue on most things .. I'm kinda learning on the fly.

George great scores on the Jungle King games I wish you would have done this awhile ago. Without all the Drama and the Monkeying with me on scores. I could do without the comments with the games though.

I really don'nt have a clue who you are on the other fourms .
Arcade Game Scores
kernzy
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by kernzy »

I remember playing a 24 hour game of Bomb Jack as a fundraiser back in 1984. If I'd know about TG back than I'd have recorded the 70million point game. ;)
hi Beejay,
i just tried to send you a message and it says you do not exist!! lol!
CrazyKongFan
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by CrazyKongFan »

Zerstorung wrote:In the mame folder, there are additonally two batch files that run the program with the -record and -playback parameters included. Any recordings made with record.bat name the resulting input file null.inp, or ".inp", and playback.bat can only read the file named null.inp in the inp folder.
Not if you include the INP filename. If you just type (I'll go with Nibbler again) "record nibbler" it probably does that null.inp thing, but if you give it a filename after the "record nibbler", it'll name that INP whatever name you give it (and append a .INP on the file). Of course, leave out the quote marks when you're actually doing the record and playback commands.