MARP Election 2012 - Voting Has Begun!

General discussion on MAME, MARP, or whatever else that doesn't belong in any of the other forums

Moderators: mahlemiut, seymour, QRS

Zhorik
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

MARP Election 2012 - Voting Has Begun!

Post by Zhorik »

Voting for the MARP 2012 Election has begun and will end on 2012 May 12, 23:59 GMT.

Eligible MARP members are encouraged to vote for the following:

Knockout Coordinators: Vote for 3 Knockout Coordinators.
a) BBH
b) mahlemiut
c) MJS
d) RAX

Regulation Coordinator: Vote for 1
a) BBH
b) Phil Lamat

Editor Confidence Votes:
For each MARP Editor, please vote Yes or No on whether you have confidence in the editor:
1) Mahlemiut (Barry Rodewald - New Zealand)
a) YES
b) NO

2) BBH (Matt Hall - USA)
a) YES
b) NO

3) Phil Lamat (France)
a) YES
b) NO

4) Frankie (Michael Bruhn - Denmark)
a) YES
b) NO

5) Skito ("Chad" Hurwitz - USA)
a) YES
b) NO

6) ***PL*** (Pat Laffaye - USA)
a) YES
b) NO

7) Q. T. Quazar
a) YES
b) NO

(Editors please let me know if the list of current Editors I have above isn't up-to-date)

The following positions had candidates running unopposed, so there is no need to vote for these positions:

Tournament Coordinator: empardopo
Time Trial Coordinator: Phil Lamat

RULES:

HOW TO VOTE: Votes can be either PMed to me or e-mailed to me at gastrainga2001@yahoo.com (you must e-mail from the e-mail account registered with your MARP account or forum account). When voting please list both your forum name and your MARP account name if they are different. VOTES POSTED TO THIS THREAD WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED!

If you have any questions about how to vote, please post them on this thread or PM me.

ELIGIBLE VOTERS:

1) Any member whose first recording was created after December 1st, 2011 is not allowed to vote.

2) Members must have made a combined total of at least 10 MARP submissions or MARP forum postings between January 1st 2011 and May 2nd 2012 to be eligible to vote.

3) Exceptions to vote can be petitioned to any editor. If the petitioner receives a majority vote of the editors, the exception is granted. If the editors fail to achieve a majority on either side of a petition within 72 hours after the petition was written, the petitioner automatically earns the right to vote. Editors can immediately grant petitions at any time by a majority vote.

4) The editors have a right to reject the voting rights of any individual by a 2/3 vote of all editors. Any ruling of this nature can be overruled by a 2/3 vote of the general public.

If you are not sure if you are eligible to vote, either PM me or post on this thread.

ELECTION PERIOD: Begins now. Ends 2012 May 12, 23:59 GMT

OTHER:

Editor Confidence Voting Rules Summary:
- Anyone receiving less than 50% confidence is removed from office and placed on probation for a term of at least six months.
- If there are less than five votes on any editor, that person remains as an editor regardless.
- If the number of editors thrown out brings the total number of editors to less than five, then the five editors with the most percentage remain as editors.

Write-in Votes: I will not be accepting write-in votes. This is because of the openness of the nomination process and the lack of provision for write-in votes in the MARP election procedures.

Coordinator Position Descriptions:

Knockout (MAME Championship) Coordinators (there are 3 Knockout Coordinators)
- Can choose any game for any round at any point. They may change the game before it is announced, but cannot change the game unless agreed to by a 2/3 vote from the general public after the game is announced.
- Can choose any format for the MAME Championships at any point before the tournament begins. They can only change the format after a tournament begins by a 2/3 vote from the general public.
- Must enforce the rules of the MAME Championships at all times.
- Must attempt to advertise the MAME Championships before and after the tournament.
- (Knockout Chairman Only) Must organize at least one public meeting before the tournament and run those meetings unless he designates another coordinator to do this job.

See http://replay.marpirc.net/rules/election.htm for general MARP Election Procedures

If you have questions about the Election Procedures, please PM me or post on this thread.

-George Strain
IUR
Button Slapper
Button Slapper

Re: MARP Election 2012 - Voting Has Begun!

Post by IUR »

Hi George, I have a little doubt: I have made 5 posts and 4 submissions "visible" for K9...
I don't remember if I send other lower inps... may I check them in any mode? Are they valid for counting?
Thank you

Maurizio Miccoli
Zhorik
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by Zhorik »

IUR wrote:Hi George, I have a little doubt: I have made 5 posts and 4 submissions "visible" for K9...
I don't remember if I send other lower inps... may I check them in any mode? Are they valid for counting?
Thank you

Maurizio Miccoli
Maurizio,

You have at least 5 submissions from K9. I checked the Confirm log file (you can link to it at the top of the main MARP page). You had at least one additional earlier submission on Magic Crystals that was confirmed with a score of 59,942 (I even happened to be the confirmer :)).

So that gives you a total of at least 10 forum posts and submissions in the "eligibility qualification" period, so you are eligible to vote.

-George
IUR
Button Slapper
Button Slapper

Post by IUR »

LOL it was so simple: ctrl+f...
thanks
Zhorik
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by Zhorik »

Just a reminder that only a little over 44 hours remain for voting, so if you've been waiting don't wait too much longer!

-George
Zhorik
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by Zhorik »

Less than 21 hours remain to get your vote in...
Zhorik
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by Zhorik »

Voting is complete. No new votes will be accepted. I will post results shortly.

-George
simpsons99
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by simpsons99 »

NO on Matt He is bad for the site and the hobby in General.

He only plays to take Gabs at people. And then makes remarks and players that are not friendly... I see this as a fun friendly site becouse a couple of bad Eggs have really wrecked it for me.

This is a love and a enjoyment for me .
If you have a FB Account I'm Brian Allen
On KLOV and other sites I'm Simpsons99
Arcade Game Scores
DKJR 1,073,800 Level F Kill screen !
DK3 TG MED Skill Level 1,365,000 Level 80?
Zhorik
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by Zhorik »

zhorik wrote:Voting is complete. No new votes will be accepted.

-George