What games are you currently working on?

General discussion on MAME, MARP, or whatever else that doesn't belong in any of the other forums

Moderators: mahlemiut, seymour, QRS

BeeJay
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Re: What games are you currently working on?

Post by BeeJay »

Actually, this thread inspired me to dust off my controller and play some Mame games for the first time since our September 2010 earthquake.

At the moment I'm just jumping around some of my favorite games from BITD to get the feel of the controller etc again.

Once I feel like I'm back up to speed, I'm probably going to get back into "5 lives only" Gyruss and try to reach the 2.5 million mark that was previously the target of a bounty. (I'll be using Wolf106 so that if/when I'm successful it can replace my current 1.4 million over at TG.)

Cheers,
BeeJay.

PS: Thanks Tommy, this was the kick in the pants I needed to get back into playing Mame..... and I had forgotten how much fun it really is to play these games. :D
ZID
MARP Serf
MARP Serf

Post by ZID »

So, what are the new rules for Hot Chase? For get World Record that requires wolfmame 143 or higher?

PAC score in Hot Chase (286,570) was confirmed and was Record MARP only 10 days ago (17 feb, 2012) without problems (PAC score was made in Woflmame 106). That has changed 10 days later?

For me can play Hot Chase at best speed and can show his secrets with my replay in MARP it's sufficient. No problem guys :)
Kale
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by Kale »

Again, people in there doesn't know everything regarding MAME emulation, and they ignored the fact that Hot Chase was recently improved. In version 0.143 to be exact. And a WR is a WR only when the emulation is close enough to the real thing, surely not when the game itself runs at half speed, that's borderline cheating.

(And I can't believe I have to explain obvious things -.-")
ZID
MARP Serf
MARP Serf

Post by ZID »

Hello? Anyone?

So, what are the new rules for Hot Chase? For get a confirmed score that requires wolfmame 143 or higher?

PAC score in Hot Chase (286,570) was confirmed and was Record MARP only 10 days ago (17 feb, 2012) without problems (PAC score was made in Woflmame 106). That has changed 10 days later?
GHEMANT
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by GHEMANT »

Confirmed score or not confirmed score is not important. If the game not have a good emulation, the score is only transitional and not definitive. When a game have finally 100% good emulation, all previous score must be deleted or zeroed.

Hot Chase have a better emulation only from wolf 0.143, but i'm not sure if now emulation is 100% the same of real arcade. Is possible speak about WR only when the game is the same of real arcade
ZID
MARP Serf
MARP Serf

Post by ZID »

I keep waiting for someone to answer my questions. They are very difficult?

So, what are the new rules for Hot Chase? For get a confirmed score that requires wolfmame 143 or higher?

The TJT
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by The TJT »

ZID wrote:I keep waiting for someone to answer my questions. They are very difficult?

Well we just received the info that it runs half-speed pre 0.143, patience... :)

If what Kale says is correct, which it most likely is... It's a matter for regulation coordinator (BBH?) to handle... you can make a topic about it at regulation forum or pm BBH.

I guess BBH or some editor will then make special rules for the game aka must play 0.143 or later...and just zero all the old scores...That's at least what I would do.

So I suggest a pm and in future playing the game with new mame releases...
BBH
Editor

Post by BBH »

The TJT wrote:If what Kale says is correct, which it most likely is... It's a matter for regulation coordinator (BBH?) to handle... you can make a topic about it at regulation forum or pm BBH.

I guess BBH or some editor will then make special rules for the game aka must play 0.143 or later...and just zero all the old scores...That's at least what I would do.

So I suggest a pm and in future playing the game with new mame releases...
Kale has actually been regulation coordinator since 2011 (no elections were held yet for 2012)... although I don't think the forum permissions were ever changed so it still says I'm moderator on Regulation Play... :P

Regardless, since Kale has made it clear that old versions of MAME should not be allowed for this game, I've gone ahead and zeroed out the existing recordings.

Let's take any further discussion about Hot Chase to the below thread so as not to drag this one further off-topic.

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=14934
INNUENDO
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by INNUENDO »

Good topic!! :P

I´m in Campeonato Retrovicio. I´m playing that games.

Also, my objective is to improve my points at Shinobi and Ghosts´n Goblins. I´ll back to play these games practicing at least one day in a week. Now I have free time.

I miss that old times on MARP. I was more hyperactive and cheerful. I´m a little bit different after those years. Even being married I like to play sometimes. :)
Long life to good games
Phil Lamat
Regulation Coordinator

Post by Phil Lamat »

Phil Lamat wrote:Actually playing Jumping Break (jmpbreak).
I've managed more than 630k, but I still go on playing as I want something beating stage 30 boss.
Done !!!
Scored almost 750k :D
The TJT
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by The TJT »

Still working on T&F marathon. I'm trying to get my fingerspeed/rhythm back before next try though...could take a while. I think that way I'll be more motivated for a long session.
Got 7.74 on 100m, and couple times almost 1300 endspeed yesterday with tired fingers (from playing). Getting there. I doubt though that I'll get to level I used to be in teens...I could play all day and never run 100m OVER 8 seconds (ok, maybe once a day), now it happens all the time...
:)

A question to TF experts... I usually throw hammer so that I aim to get 1484 speed with 45 angle to lower corner. I tap only once for this, to begin the swing. However I've noticed now playing the parent rom with Wolf106 that sometimes when I get the exact speed, 1484 - it becomes a foul! (like throwing a bit too early with 1481 speed)

So my question is, does this happen to others? I have a recollection that when you get 1484 it should be a legit throw every time - and not hitting side of the cage. Not the case now on this rom for me.

So do I remember it wrong? Is it the romset? Or do I get some extra pushes for stuck button or such...
Phil Lamat
Regulation Coordinator

Post by Phil Lamat »

Phil Lamat wrote:
Phil Lamat wrote:Actually playing Jumping Break (jmpbreak).
I've managed more than 630k, but I still go on playing as I want something beating stage 30 boss.
Done !!!
Scored almost 750k :D
While doing that, I've been supervized by my twins (9 years old ... time is going fast!) who became found of the game.
They've played several times, not so badly : they've improved very quickly.
I've uploaded their hiscores after 3 monthes of practice (now they have switched to --real-- soccer and tennis).
Maybe the future of Marp ? :)
(don't expect massive uploads from them, school stays the priority)