No Sign of WolfMame 0.124

General discussion on MAME, MARP, or whatever else that doesn't belong in any of the other forums

Moderators: mahlemiut, seymour, QRS

tmorrow
Button Masher
Button Masher

No Sign of WolfMame 0.124

Post by tmorrow »

WolfMAME releases normally quickly follow each official MAME release. I usually source them from http://wolfmame.marpirc.net/. Is WolfMAME still being made, or are the creator(s) just taking a break or facing some difficulties? Just curious.

Looks like 0.125 is going to come with some major inp changes as well going off the 0.124u2 whatsnew it appears that Aaron has rewrote the INP recording format from scratch.
mahlemiut
Editor

Re: No Sign of WolfMame 0.124

Post by mahlemiut »

The INP re-write was in response to the bug report I filed following 0.124, where INP playback was completely broken. It's also for this reason that I haven't updated MARP's version list for regular MAME versions either.

Good news is, that as of 0.124u2, INP playback is functional again (and Neo Geo works again too, seeing as that's been broken since 0.117).
- Barry Rodewald
MARP Assistant Web Maintainer
kranser
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by kranser »

Thanks for the update Mahlemiut. I'd thought you'd gone away on holiday or something!

So, do you intend to make a WolfMAME 0.124 based on MAME 0.124u2, or wait until WolfMAME 0.125 and skip 0.124?

Kranser.
mahlemiut
Editor

Post by mahlemiut »

Probably wait until 0.125, as Aaron has hinted that there may still be more changes in upcoming release.
- Barry Rodewald
MARP Assistant Web Maintainer
tmorrow
Button Masher
Button Masher

Post by tmorrow »

This is good news indeed. Thanks for the update mahlemiut.