MARP Election 2007 - Open Discussion for Candidates/Editors

General discussion on MAME, MARP, or whatever else that doesn't belong in any of the other forums

Moderators: mahlemiut, seymour, QRS

Zhorik
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

MARP Election 2007 - Open Discussion for Candidates/Editors

Post by Zhorik »

Please use this thread for open discussion on the Candidates and Editor Confidence Votes in the upcoming 2007 election.

For example, candidates for Knockout Coordinator/Chairman could describe how they'd run the Knockout or Editors could describe some of the things they've done over the last year.

Finally, if anybody has any open questions for the Candidates or Editors, please post them here.

-zhorik (aka gastrainga - Election Coordinator)
Zhorik
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by Zhorik »

I'd like to mention that as he hinted on the "TK2007 IS ALWAYS THE BEST" thread, QRS recently resigned as an Editor on the Editors' forum. A replacement has not yet been selected.
LN2
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by LN2 »

excuse my ignorance...but might be a good idea to list all current coordinators and editors so we know who to vote confidence for etc.

I see nothing on marp site listing them....sure they are within forums from elections a year ago...but still would be convenient to relist or give URL here. Thx
Zhorik
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by Zhorik »

Zhorik wrote:Here are the final results of the MARP 2006 Election:

Regulation Coordinator: Phil Lamat
Tournament Coordinator: Mahlemiut
Knockout Coordinators: Marco Marocco (Chairman), Gameboy9, Sawys
WCC Coordinator: Phil Lamat
Olympiad Coordinator: Gameboy9
Time Trial Coordinator: Jason Dyer

Editor Confidence Votes:
BBH (Matt Hall): Passed
Frankie (Michael Bruhn): Passed
Mahlemiut (Barry Rodewald): Passed
Phil Lamat: Passed
Skito ("Chad" Hurwitz): Passed
***PL*** (Pat Laffaye): Passed
QRS (Anders Svensson): Passed
That's up-to-date except that QRS has resigned as an Editor.

There is some information about Staff on the Staff of MARP page which you can access through the Pick a Page dropdown off the main MARP page. It's not completely up-to-date though.
The TJT
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by The TJT »

Zhorik wrote: There is some information about Staff on the Staff of MARP page which you can access through the Pick a Page dropdown off the main MARP page. It's not completely up-to-date though.
Also, if you choose "rules and regulations" from dropdown menu...the last sentence is:
If you have questions about the rules or the rules page, and don't want to post to the message board, try contacting Regulation Coordinator Tommi Tiihonen or Pat Laffaye
(That rules page was last modified April 14, 2007)

When you go to MARP main page(news page) and click "new players click here"...that will link to http://marp.retrogames.com/newplay1.htm
...Which explains in detail the *old* scoring system.

...At the bottom of the page is a link to another rules page, which was last modified February 13, 2002, being somewhat outdated.
http://marp.retrogames.com/newplay2.htm
LN2
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by LN2 »

wow, actually remembered all of the editors...just wasn't sure if I was overlooking anyone.

is Frankie still around at all? He seems to have all but disappeared like Anders(QRS).

all others are still very active....which is a good thing.
mahlemiut
Editor

Post by mahlemiut »

He's been busy a fair bit lately, although now he's currently running the Speccy Tour over at HARP.
- Barry Rodewald
MARP Assistant Web Maintainer
Frankie
Editor

Post by Frankie »

LN2 wrote:wow, actually remembered all of the editors...just wasn't sure if I was overlooking anyone.

is Frankie still around at all? He seems to have all but disappeared like Anders(QRS).

all others are still very active....which is a good thing.
I'm still around :)

I've just not had that much time this year, as I wished. As Barry said at the moment I'm helping running the Speccy Tour over at HARP, which is a lot of work. I sure hope there'll be some tournaments on MARP this coming year that I can help out in, and even more I hope I'll find the time to play in one of them. Not that I'll stand a chance against 99% of the players here [more like 100%, Ed.] :)

So, I'm still around, but real life have cought up on me this year :(

Bye.
Frankie
Phil Lamat
Regulation Coordinator

Re: MARP Election 2007 - Open Discussion for Candidates/Edit

Post by Phil Lamat »

Zhorik wrote:Editors could describe some of the things they've done over the last year.
At least all last month : edit all TK's sh**, and contact zwaxy about that.
Rest of year usual stuff : correct false scores, DQ leeching or underspeed ones, update special rules etc ...