Updated MMF

General discussion on MAME, MARP, or whatever else that doesn't belong in any of the other forums

Moderators: mahlemiut, seymour, QRS

mahlemiut
Editor

Updated MMF

Post by mahlemiut »

Finally got around to fixing that issue with MMF where some parent sets didn't work.

Fixed version is here:
http://mahlemiut.marpirc.net/mmf02.zip (19kB)
- Barry Rodewald
MARP Assistant Web Maintainer
The TJT
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by The TJT »

MMF?
mahlemiut
Editor

Post by mahlemiut »

You know, that little crappy frontend I added back a few version ago...
- Barry Rodewald
destructor
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by destructor »

mahlemiut wrote:little crappy frontend
We will have simple Record/Playback options from simple popup menu in EmuLoader.
Click
welby1
MARP Serf
MARP Serf

Post by welby1 »

I have been playing around with 'easy mame', but will check out yours. I can't believe anyone would prefer using such an outmoded interface. I've become somewhat dis-interested in mame lately(used it 1 time last week; none this week); not sure if it's the underlying hassle or just the extra workload(already exceeded last years gross!!) making tv & free cell more attractive? I can at least record inp's on cl(though not nearly as conveniently as mame32 w/o the plus), but I probably won't put much effort into it until another new game I like comes out.
Do all cl front ends require manual addition of the .inp to those files, or is it just the easymame?
LN2
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by LN2 »

mahlemiut wrote:little crappy frontend
isn't that LCF?
destructor
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by destructor »

welby1 wrote:Do all cl front ends require manual addition of the .inp to those files, or is it just the easymame?
Yes. Except EmuLoader new version, I talk with author and he add automatic .inp. But it must be tested. Still no new version, we must wait.

I used EasyMAME too but it is very weak frontend.
mahlemiut
Editor

Post by mahlemiut »

welby1 wrote:Do all cl front ends require manual addition of the .inp to those files, or is it just the easymame?
If it hasn't been updated recently, then yes, it probably will require you to add the .inp to the filename. It's some new feature MAME added a few versions back, designed to annoy and irritate the user. :)

MMF will add .inp for you, older versions of MAME should ignore an extra .inp in the filename. record.bat and playback.bat should do the same.
- Barry Rodewald
mahlemiut
Editor

Post by mahlemiut »

Updated to support MAME 0.118 and later. Should still with earlier versions too.

http://mahlemiut.marpirc.net/mmf13.zip
- Barry Rodewald
LordGaz
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by LordGaz »

Any chance of some screenshots?
welby1
MARP Serf
MARP Serf

Post by welby1 »

mmf is still crap. No ability to select 'available' games or controllers w/o entering multiple commands? The other frontends I have been using quit working at 118. Too bad Plus versions aren't still around.
mahlemiut
Editor

Post by mahlemiut »

What do you expect from something I wrote mostly in a few days? It's meant to be basic, nothing more. If you want MAME32 or MAME Plus, learn to build your own. It's really not that difficult.
- Barry Rodewald
welby1
MARP Serf
MARP Serf

Post by welby1 »

Perhap someday, I will be at the right place/time for someone to walk me through it. I tend to be wary of any 'builds' that I don't get directly from this site.