It's about the high score of Metal Slug 3

General discussion on MAME, MARP, or whatever else that doesn't belong in any of the other forums

Moderators: mahlemiut, seymour, QRS

User avatar
Weehawk
MARPaholic
MARPaholic
Posts: 2474
Joined: Wed Jun 25, 2003 7:43 am
Location: Devil's Canyon
Contact:

Post by Weehawk » Sun Aug 05, 2007 11:59 pm

BBH wrote:You have quite an ego if you think someone registered an account 3 years ago just for the sake of making fun of you. That would be the strangest prophecy ever. "Three years from now an arrogant retard from Greece is going to come to the forums, you should make an account now so you're prepared for that day."
Uh...actually...we forgot to tell you. One day in 2004 when you were out of the channel, an angel of #marp appeared to us:

Image
John Cunningham (JTC)
Image

User avatar
tk2007
MARP Serf
MARP Serf
Posts: 115
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 1:27 am

Post by tk2007 » Mon Aug 06, 2007 7:25 am

U guys seems to like to waste time with pointless blablabla... :-({|=

Ok I ll answer once more but I hope it will be the last one. Get serious and stop disturb me this way. Respect my time, its not unlimited and my vacation is off. BBH has lot of time to waste probably because he has nothing else to do, what about the rest of us who work?

First of all, for one more time u CANNOT understand what I m talking about. This is something usual and confirms my thoughts: there is a low iq in some of u people...really low :lol:
His profil says that joined the forum in 2004... and that was his 2nd msg. I suspect that this is virtual. Of course he didnt joined 3 years ago just to tell me that.
"Three years from now an arrogant retard from Greece is going...
What I ve checked so far is that u r the "arrogant retard"...U think u r a god who knows always the pure thuth, u have nothing to do in your life and u r after me all the time, u insult me all the time. Does this make u feel better?
And stop talk about my country, u r also racist. Did I mentioned your country? Do u think u earn something if u talk about my country?
-Besides, all idiots have the same face
-?? I don't get it.
And I dont get it when u call me retard. In my country they say it differently: "all pigs have the same face" :wink:
Now you're insulting Chad, who's been pretty much the only person on this forum giving you the benefit of the doubt and hasn't been attacking your retarded statements?
When he act like u then wheres the difference? Chad is a mod so when he insult me is like insult all the forum. YOUR statements r retarded. Mine ones? Forget it, u cant even understand them :!:
Once again, you don't know shit about MAME. A different romset does not automatically mean that the game is "easier".
Once again u misunderstood...
I NEVER said that a different romset means that the game is easier.
When r u going STOP say things for me that I never told them? I dont believe u do it on purpose....its that low brain, remember?:roll:
then go ahead and beat my 34 million score. It's the same romset and everything.
Ok but remove the score in the boards and replace it with this. U have to wait for a while, my free time now is less and I use it for metal slug 3, X, ultimatearcade's pacman.
Forget my comment about knife, it was a first hurry impression on the beggining of playback. I dont use that character.
I dont know all these details u wrote, I only knew to kill with knife and get diamonds. This is extremely difficult and requires abilities and speed. But as I saw your character can take the diamons without knife! This means I have to study your character (or u play with mine :wink: )
How do u count 12 shots to each enemy? Impossible when u r surrounded by them and they shoot u !
Anyway, seems u r the king in this game and u have studied really deep...
Probably theres no any1 better than u, so I ll go for the 2nd place...
Of course if u want u can challenge me in MY games....any time :wink: :D
EMULATE DECATHLETE NOW!!!

User avatar
tk2007
MARP Serf
MARP Serf
Posts: 115
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 1:27 am

Post by tk2007 » Mon Aug 06, 2007 7:54 am

Ok now lets have a serious talk.
I tried play the playbacks of the two scores of Metal Slug 6(3 bootleg). They both used same mame’s version. But playbacks don’t work. Or at least don’t work with the rom I have. So we have again same situation.
Boys, exept the mame version and the zip game file u must also inform us the used rom. Not give the rom, just inform us which version is and we ll find it. I think u ll agree. Mame version+zip file seems r not enough. Why u upload a playback if we cant play it? Why should we try 5-6 romsets until we find the right one?
So, this is my proposition, mention the rom version and u ll be complete.
EMULATE DECATHLETE NOW!!!

User avatar
RAX
MARP Knight
MARP Knight
Posts: 385
Joined: Fri Aug 19, 2005 5:45 am
Location: Bologna, Italy

Post by RAX » Mon Aug 06, 2007 8:16 am

hi TK
Man, I've been on this board for two years, And I'd never said someone could anger BBH like you did. But the fact is that a newbie should not be so unpleasant and arrogant from his very first posts. Expecially with people who have spent so many energies on a project like this, and have given so many awsome replay to the community.

You are absolutely funny in your whining "They don't let me see that 37M+ replay". when the fact is only that you are not able to let mame work, or to find the correct rom.
You wrote things like "You have to give ME the replay, to give ME the correct mame, to make it working for ME, to give proof to ME that you scored that. By the way, anyway I'm better than you, so if you don't do that for ME, it means that you want to compete unfairly, when you are not fakeing that score"

You know, a real skillful guy should score more than 34M, THEN whine "help me see the 37M+ replay". This would be a nice thing, and people would thrust you more when you say "I'm very good, but i'd like to compete fairly"
Because now the very only thing you have demonstrated with facts is that 3M+ on slug3. not so much for "champion speaking"


Now I'm going to prevent you to use the same excuses anymore. I've PM'ed you a rapidshare link to a complete packet (mame AND rom AND inp AND launcher). Unzip it and launch the 'go.bat'. It works both on Win98 and WinXP (I tested them).
Remember that this will be the first and (i guess) very last time someone here will do all that work for you. I've done it this time, not because BBH needs any confirmation from me (he's a very strong player and ANYONE here does know that), but because your funny and offensive posts are getting repetitive, and I'd like to hear some new excuses from you.


By the way, it's possible that in your country the joystick is normally on the right, but it's a FACT that in the whole rest of the planet it's on the left.


EDIT: technical answer to your last post: There is not a 'version' of a rom. There is a list of files (compressed into a single zip), which is checked at the start of the emulation. If a romfile changes in a new release of MAME this does not mean that file will be larger than before, it depends on the compression ratio. But since *that* version of MAME hase *that list* in memory you can be sure that the condition of the replay will be the same of the recording, because the files needed are checked one by one.
So the only thing me, you or everyone else can do is looking on the net for different sites to download the same rom, and try every one until succeed. It's the thing i've done with that old shocktro.zip.

User avatar
BBH
Editor
Posts: 1564
Joined: Wed Feb 06, 2002 7:06 am
Location: Portland, Oregon
Contact:

Post by BBH » Mon Aug 06, 2007 8:42 am

tk2007 wrote:What I ve checked so far is that u r the "arrogant retard"...U think u r a god who knows always the pure thuth, u have nothing to do in your life and u r after me all the time, u insult me all the time. Does this make u feel better?
To answer your points - I'm not arrogant, I'm not a retard, I don't think I'm a god, I don't always know the truth, I have plenty to do in my life, I'm not after you all the time, and I insult you because you were the one copping an attitude towards everyone else on the forums first. And no, it doesn't make me feel all that better because correcting/insulting you isn't much of a challenge, nor is it very rewarding because it never seems to stop...
And stop talk about my country, u r also racist. Did I mentioned your country? Do u think u earn something if u talk about my country?
Whoa there buddy, all I did was mention which country you were from. Was I specifically insulting your country? Nope. If you say "BBH is from the United States", it's not racist at all! It seems like you've gotten to the point where you think everything is an attack at you.
-Besides, all idiots have the same face
-?? I don't get it.
And I dont get it when u call me retard. In my country they say it differently: "all pigs have the same face" :wink:
Fair enough, I hadn't heard that saying before. Cultural differences and all that. (oops, am I being racist again?)
Once again u misunderstood...
I NEVER said that a different romset means that the game is easier.
When r u going STOP say things for me that I never told them? I dont believe u do it on purpose....its that low brain, remember?:roll:
You implied that twice. It's already been made clear that whenever you have difficulty getting something to playback, you automatically assume it's a fake or that person had some advantage using that version of MAME that you don't have. Deny it all you want, but everyone here would agree with me that that is exactly how you've been acting.
then go ahead and beat my 34 million score. It's the same romset and everything.
Ok but remove the score in the boards and replace it with this.
Why? It's a legitimate score that plays back. Should we remove every score ever recorded on MARP that was recorded with a romset that changed?
How do u count 12 shots to each enemy? Impossible when u r surrounded by them and they shoot u !
As I said, there are situations where you wouldn't be able to get 12 shots off on every single enemy because of times like that. Also important to note that different soldiers are worth different amounts of points per shot, anywhere from 500 to 7000. Against a 7000-point enemy, you'd want to go for as many shots as possible since you could get up to 91000 before they drop. Against a 500-point enemy, you would only be able to get up to 6000 points from the shots before getting the close-range kill, so since the reward is smaller you are usually better off just going straight for the knife/close-range attack and hoping for a 30k diamond.

User avatar
tk2007
MARP Serf
MARP Serf
Posts: 115
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 1:27 am

Post by tk2007 » Mon Aug 06, 2007 12:13 pm

Dear Rax,
I was ready to start a game but after your post I have to answer howsover.
So, u r 2 years here and only 45 posts? I m some days and already 95 posts.
Maybe I m newbie but I cant accept to offend me. In most of cases this coming after a misunderstandig. So the problem is not mine!
You are absolutely funny in your whining "They don't let me see that 37M+ replay". when the fact is only that you are not able to let mame work, or to find the correct rom.
I never said "They don't let me see that 37M+ replay". This is what YOU said.
And because I cannot know in any time which is the correct romset, thats why I proposed the mods to mention the romset version, in each replay(I hope they ll think about it)
You wrote things like "You have to give ME the replay, to give ME the correct mame, to make it working for ME, to give proof to ME that you scored that...
I never demand something and not in the way u try to represent it. I dont obbligate any1 for anything. If some1 wants he can help or just listen me, thats all.
Because now the very only thing you have demonstrated with facts is that 3M+ on slug3. not so much for "champion speaking"
I cannot be champion in everything or in any time. Basically I m x player and now I m playing many hours to remember mslug3 and get me first(its matter of time). Exept 3m on mslug3 I also have a 2nd place in Street Hoop, a 2nd place in Jr. Pac-Man Pengo, a 4th in Pac-Man etc. And now BBH ask me to remember Shock Troopers... Man, I m a working man, my free time is limited, how can I do all these together? Or u think I play games 24/24?
Just think the time I spend here in the forum answering to your misuderstandins and insults. I wasted 1 hour for this post to explain u these things...(and I bet u still havent/cant understand :P )
Thanks for that Rapid but it was not necessary. As I said, I recognize that BBH is the king in this game since I had no idea about that analysis and I only can go for 2nd place. I asked BBH to find me the right version(if he wanted to), thats all. And I mentioned that is a real problem if we have each time to look for the right roms.
U help me more if u find me the right romset for metal slug 6(3 bootleg) because the one I have doesnt work.
Can I use any wolfmame version to play and record this game? (if of course my rom work in any of these versions).
By the way, it's possible that in your country the joystick is normally on the right, but it's a FACT that in the whole rest of the planet it's on the left.
Its funny to say something like that, rest of planet cannot be left handers. Joy is at the right for all the world. Because majority of people r right handers :!:
Its hard to obbligate a right hander gamer to use his weak hand to control his gaming...this happens only here I m afraid... :roll:
technical answer to your last post: There is not a 'version' of a rom. There is a list of files (compressed into a single zip), which is checked at the start of the emulation. If a romfile changes in...
These r well known things and u misunderstood for one more time...I know that its romset and not rom, I just call it rom for brevity.

I m waiting that metal 6 rom :D
(if not the rom itself, just inform me which version of rom is)
EMULATE DECATHLETE NOW!!!

User avatar
destructor
MARPaholic
MARPaholic
Posts: 1967
Joined: Fri Sep 20, 2002 9:38 am
Location: Poland

Post by destructor » Mon Aug 06, 2007 1:27 pm

I think lefthanders and righthanders are wrong words. Correct are greekhanders and worldhanders.

User avatar
tk2007
MARP Serf
MARP Serf
Posts: 115
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 1:27 am

Post by tk2007 » Mon Aug 06, 2007 1:53 pm

Another stupid racist comment

U boy r a coward... Dont attack to someone's country, u only insult yourself :!:

When did I said about polish idiots?
EMULATE DECATHLETE NOW!!!

User avatar
destructor
MARPaholic
MARPaholic
Posts: 1967
Joined: Fri Sep 20, 2002 9:38 am
Location: Poland

Post by destructor » Mon Aug 06, 2007 2:00 pm

I didn't say idiots or something like that. I only say that in Greece you use right hand for joystick, in rest of World we use left hand.

User avatar
tk2007
MARP Serf
MARP Serf
Posts: 115
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 1:27 am

Post by tk2007 » Mon Aug 06, 2007 2:01 pm

And I only say that u r a polish idiot.

In all the world they use right hand.
EMULATE DECATHLETE NOW!!!

The_Pro
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists
Posts: 459
Joined: Sat Aug 21, 2004 11:10 pm

Post by The_Pro » Mon Aug 06, 2007 2:12 pm

tk2007 wrote: In all the world they use right hand.
Show us a site that sells joystick with stick on the right or a youtube video with someone playing with such a setup. I bet 99% of what you find will have a stick on the left.

User avatar
destructor
MARPaholic
MARPaholic
Posts: 1967
Joined: Fri Sep 20, 2002 9:38 am
Location: Poland

Post by destructor » Mon Aug 06, 2007 2:19 pm

tk2007 wrote:Of course if u want u can challenge me in MY games....any time :wink: :D
Please list these games.

User avatar
tk2007
MARP Serf
MARP Serf
Posts: 115
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 1:27 am

Post by tk2007 » Mon Aug 06, 2007 2:32 pm

U ll find my scores in the boards.

I hope I wont hear again about my country or any other racist comment.
Dont mix countries to your insults.


Now... I want to play & record Metal Slug 6 (Metal Slug 3 Bootleg) which will be an easy first place(looks like a baby 3's edition) but I can't. I can with my 0.116 regular version, but which wolfmame version should I use and which romset?
I have:
Theres the mslug3 romset with a size of 78.729 KB
Theres another one mslug3 romset with a size of 80.294 KB

Theres the metal slug 6 rom--> mslug3b6 in the size of 2.165 KB

Also there r the bios
NeoGeo of 234 KB
NeoGeo of 261 KB

Sounds very confusing but... which is the right working mix and a wolfmame version to support it :?:
EMULATE DECATHLETE NOW!!!

User avatar
destructor
MARPaholic
MARPaholic
Posts: 1967
Joined: Fri Sep 20, 2002 9:38 am
Location: Poland

Post by destructor » Mon Aug 06, 2007 2:38 pm

You can use every wolfmame version. Don't worry about roms.

User avatar
Chad
Tournament Coordinator
Posts: 4463
Joined: Tue Mar 05, 2002 3:15 pm
Location: calif

Post by Chad » Mon Aug 06, 2007 3:02 pm

destructor wrote:You can use every wolfmame version. Don't worry about roms.
true, if the mame works and playsback inps with the romset, it is ok to use. It is best to use roms that don't give crc or MISSING errors when wolfmame/mame runs. i'm looking forward to some recordings. where are the boards where your favorite games are?
-skito

Post Reply