It's about the high score of Metal Slug 3

General discussion on MAME, MARP, or whatever else that doesn't belong in any of the other forums

Moderators: mahlemiut, seymour, QRS

AL
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

re...

Post by AL »

"U never told me about how stick a stick...(and theres no answer, manufactures take care about this). "

Oh yes I did!

When I got my Hotrod and then X-Arcade joystick, although both were heavy, they still moved a lot, so I stuck @30 of those double sided sticky velcro patches onto my desk/table and problem solved.
No more movement.

I accept your apology.

AL
[/quote]
HAL: " It's puzzling . I've never seen anything quite like this before..? "
tk2007
MARP Serf
MARP Serf

Post by tk2007 »

You can use every wolfmame version. Don't worry about roms
U dont understand... I dont worry about roms, I worry about working roms and the right mix between all these 3 rom-files(mslug3-mslug3b6-neogeo).
I just CANNOT play it, just tell me a wolfmame version and the right mix which plays metal slug 6...
true, if the mame works and playsback inps with the romset, it is ok to use
I knows this. But when doesnt work the problem is the roms(3 romsets for metal6)
where are the boards where your favorite games are?
:P U dont know where r the boards of this site? Go to http://marp.retrogames.com/

When I got my Hotrod and then X-Arcade joystick, although both were heavy, they still moved a lot, so I stuck @30 of those double sided sticky velcro patches onto my desk/table and problem solved.
U mean that "velcro patches"? I dont think they could do something, just a strong movement and they r out... I was thinking a screw.
Can u show image about those velcro patches? R they removable?
EMULATE DECATHLETE NOW!!!
AL
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

re...

Post by AL »

U mean that "velcro patches"? I dont think they could do something, just a strong movement and they r out... I was thinking a screw
Look. Please listen to me. What I said works. There is no more possible'movement' than challenging for high scores on T+F games etc.

Ugh....

AL
HAL: " It's puzzling . I've never seen anything quite like this before..? "
Chad
Tournament Coordinator

Post by Chad »

tk2007 wrote:I knows this. But when doesnt work the problem is the roms(3 romsets for metal6)
ok, when you just say " "it doesn't work" i think you have to be more specific. when in doubt just use the latest one since you seem to have the latest roms. Or by that you mean it doesn't work because you don't want to use it because it doesn't have a mame32 wrapper, then i think you should find one.
tk2007 wrote:
where are the boards where your favorite games are?
:P U dont know where r the boards of this site? Go to http://marp.retrogames.com/

Oh you mean this? http://marp.retrogames.com/index.cgi?mo ... xlines=999

from there you only list 6 favorite games, jrpacman mslug3 mspacman pacmania strhoops and winterheat? I think destructor wanted to know all of your favorites, i guess decathelete isn't in your list :)

that lists 5 games
-skito
destructor
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by destructor »

I have some replies from Greece about arcade sticks and right hand:
Yes is true for some of us ! I used to use the right hand for the joy and left for the buttons. This setup was mostly in north Greece for custom cabs but I played in left joy setups as well. Most of the original cabs had the joy on the left side though.
Then in Greece was custom cabs with joys on right side and it is why Greek players use right hand for joystick. It's not because someone is righ or lefthanded, it's because some manufacturers in Greece made custom cabs.
Otherwise is Greece players use for example X-Arcade and they ply using left hand for joy.
mahlemiut
Editor

Post by mahlemiut »

According to MAWS, there have been no changes to the Metal Slug 6 (MS3 bootleg) romset since it was added in MAME 0.105u4.
- Barry Rodewald
MARP Assistant Web Maintainer
destructor
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by destructor »

OK. I think I found you, TROLL. Yes, tk2007 is a TROLL.
Maddog wrote:No, actually we all have heard of tk2007...just not with that nickname. "Annie", "Annos", "Giorgos", "Punisher" and some others ring more bells ;)

He's a notorious troll, been active here as well. Also on other Greek and foreign forums. Always with different nicknames, but the exact same attitude. He knows everything and is great at everything, everyone else is wrong or has no idea, he's not a kid but 35+ etc etc. But there's ONE unmistakable sign: he has a "Decathlete in MAME" obsession.

The topic you link to doesn't have this, but I have searched your board and discovered this one here.
Now, how many people could there be with this signature *and* attitude :?:
IMHO everything falls into place. :?

I can only suggest the following:
a) don't give any value to anything he says
b) don't try any logical explanations, they won't work
c) he'll get worse over time, usually starts slow and then gets into heavy trolling
d) BAN HIM ASAP or you are done for...

8)

PS: b4 you expose him for the rat he is, let him know Maddog said "hi, bye"! :lol: :lol: :lol:
tk2007
MARP Serf
MARP Serf

Post by tk2007 »

ok, when you just say " "it doesn't work" i think you have to be more specific. when in doubt just use the latest one since you seem to have the latest roms. Or by that you mean it doesn't work because you don't want to use it because it doesn't have a mame32 wrapper, then i think you should find one.
Just tell me which wolfmame version may I use(I prefer the 32mode) and which romsets with it (I have
a mslug3 romset of 78.729 KB
a mslug3 romset of 80.294 KB
a mslug3b6 of 2.165 KB
NeoGeo of 234 KB
NeoGeo of 261 KB )

Why do u want learn my favorite games :?: Some of them r in the boards, there is also Tetris, Phoenix, Double Dragon etc. Decathlete is not emulated so I dont mention it (I have played it through a saturn's emulator but had a heavy difference, didnt exist the britain athlete) I m a top scorer in this game, I think the world's No1 with a score of 13.415 points.

Destructor, forget about greek players, everybody use right hand not of course only greeks. Its not a local case, I dont want to hear again about this country.
Who would use his weak hand to control his gaming?? (because he cant hit fast enough with his left?) I m afraid only u guys.... :P

Ok, lets make a poll, a thread among us to vote, who uses joy with his left and who with his right... :idea:

AL, how do u stick these joys?
(destructor's images)
or the joys from this site
http://www.ultimarc.com/controls.html
Last edited by tk2007 on Tue Aug 07, 2007 9:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
tk2007
MARP Serf
MARP Serf

Post by tk2007 »

Destructor thats enough with your insults!! :x

So Im a troll now... What all the nonsenses r?? Why u wrote this sh*t?

Delete it now.

Whos this madogg? another virtual nick of yours?
The TJT
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by The TJT »

Code: Select all

, .
                             ,~~~~~~~~.     /| |\
                            (Oooooch...)   {_;""\} 
                            ( *MHMPFF* )O o (*  @'-,
                    \|||/    `~~~~~~~~"    ,~ \~,""
                    (o o)                 ; , ("
           ,----ooO--(_)-------.          | |  |
           | Please            |         /| |  \            
           |   don't feed the  |       ,(=~~==[])
           |     TROLL's !     |      (  \`-' ;( 
           '--------------Ooo--'       )  \  /\ \
                   |__|__|            (    ) ) ) )
                    || ||             *   /_/ /_/  
                   ooO Ooo                |_\ |_\       

mahlemiut
Editor

Post by mahlemiut »

99% of cabinets I've seen have the joystick on the left. The other 1% (if that) have the joystick in the centre, and buttons on both sides. Deal with it.

Also, the size of the zip files mean nothing. Different compression applications will compress to different levels.

...my (banning) trigger finger is feeling a bit itchy...
- Barry Rodewald
MARP Assistant Web Maintainer
tk2007
MARP Serf
MARP Serf

Post by tk2007 »

99% of the cabinets I ve seen have joy at the right or buttons at both sides.

The size of the romfiles shows just that they r different files! (another one misuderstanding).

ok now... u r an editor. Do u accept members call other members trolls? Ban them or delete their posts :!:
tk2007
MARP Serf
MARP Serf

Post by tk2007 »

I detected this page on google....U boys try to make me fool in all of the world :lol:
http://64.233.169.104/search?q=cache:lh ... cd=5&gl=gr
Why not Gemant or Rax show as a mslug3 score instead of talk for me in another forums?
destructor
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by destructor »

tk2007 wrote:Whos this madogg?
He is Greek.
Zhorik
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by Zhorik »

tk2007 wrote:Whos this madogg? another virtual nick of yours?
Maddog is a moderator on the Greek MAME forum http://www.mame.gr

He gratiously identified tk2007 for us as a notorious Greek troll on the thread:
http://www.mame.gr/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2244

Thanks Maddog!

PS - Edited to fix misspelling of Maddog's name.
Last edited by Zhorik on Tue Aug 07, 2007 2:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.