Mame orientation problem

General discussion on MAME, MARP, or whatever else that doesn't belong in any of the other forums

Moderators: mahlemiut, seymour, QRS

mcneilsassassin
Button Slapper
Button Slapper

Mame orientation problem

Post by mcneilsassassin »

I am using a Compaq Presario 1720 US laptop with my MAME versions .61 and .90. I have orientation problems with both of these versions. Some games load sideways. There does not seem to be a pattern that I can identify that shows what the "sideways" games have in common, such as manufacturer, type, etc. The games will play normally, you just have to turn the laptop on its side (not practical).
I can copy the games onto CD and put them on my desktop computer and even other computers and they ALL play in normal orientation. The problem is obviously with my laptop. I have followed the MAME helps section orientation info and it does not help. Can anyone offer any guidance on how I can play ALL my games in normal orientation? I would be very apprecative for any help. J. WEST[/b]
Live long and prosper. Deuteronomy 29:9.
The TJT
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by The TJT »

With latest MAME versions you use "-nonorotate" -switch(or "-norotate"?)
As described here

At MARP we use this state-of-the-art MAME called Wolfmame, latest one being wolfmameplus106, at which you go to "options", "default game options", change "rotation" to "default" or other. Or for a single game, click the gamename that you want to change rotation for with right mouse button to change options.
zylquin
Button Slapper
Button Slapper

Post by zylquin »

Not sure if this applies to you, but this section of the MAME FAQ helped with the rotation problem I experienced using a Dell with onboard video. I had to disable autorotate in the display settings in control panel.

http://www.mame.net/mamefaq.html#w05

Good luck.