France vs. Italy Challenge - Rules and Leaderboard

General discussion on MAME, MARP, or whatever else that doesn't belong in any of the other forums

Moderators: mahlemiut, seymour, QRS

DaviL
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by DaviL »

I'll try again right now.
Marco Marocco
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by Marco Marocco »

sawys wrote:Marco, each time you send an inp, your clock speed is never the same...
In the rules, it is said that
- During all the competition, players should play only on one computer. Caracteristics of player's computer will be taken on the 1st inp (on wlf file) posted at marp after the start fixed at 01/02/06 - 00:00 GMT.

The 1st inp you sent was on gyruss
01 Feb 06 09:09 MarcoMarocco gyruss Gyruss (Konami) wolf103 550650 (6th)

In this inp, your computer was designed like in the file attached, so why for all your other inps, you don't use the same computer ?

You don't respect the rule and if yo
u must do something then do it to have the same caracteristics...
I can assure that I use always my Aspire 1353XC Acer.
Really I don't like to use tricks or don't respect the rules (I'm a lawyer) and so I don't know what can I do.
I've only one computer for playing so, if there are problems with this, I've no way that retire ... :?
sawys
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by sawys »

Marco Marocco wrote:
sawys wrote:Marco, each time you send an inp, your clock speed is never the same...
In the rules, it is said that
- During all the competition, players should play only on one computer. Caracteristics of player's computer will be taken on the 1st inp (on wlf file) posted at marp after the start fixed at 01/02/06 - 00:00 GMT.

The 1st inp you sent was on gyruss
01 Feb 06 09:09 MarcoMarocco gyruss Gyruss (Konami) wolf103 550650 (6th)

In this inp, your computer was designed like in the file attached, so why for all your other inps, you don't use the same computer ?

You don't respect the rule and if yo
u must do something then do it to have the same caracteristics...
I can assure that I use always my Aspire 1353XC Acer.
Really I don't like to use tricks or don't respect the rules (I'm a lawyer) and so I don't know what can I do.
I've only one computer for playing so, if there are problems with this, I've no way that retire ... :?
Ok i trust in you but maybe that there is a cause to find... Do you use another program in the same time that wolfmame ?

Personnaly, i use only wolfmame and my frequency is 1999 Mghz or 2000 Mghz it depends...
But when i use p2p program, then my frequency can variate and emulation is lower.
Sawys is Sébastien GIRAUD, admin of MAMESCORE, member of MARP, TWIN GALAXIES, RETRO UPRISING and ex-member of JVRM :-D
Marco Marocco
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by Marco Marocco »

I use usuall only wolf, sometimes may be was in function avg antivirus
destructor
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by destructor »

sawys wrote:In wardner you enter initials at the beginning of the game so we don't have excuses to not do it...
And the simple fact of doing it prooves that you respect the other players. And more for a challenge, don't you think ?
Don't. Sometimes enter DES drive me mad, espacially when letters change slow.
BBH has smaler problem. :P

I never (almost) enter initials at beginning game. It's more than flustrate.

Ex.
'Initials at beginning' - flustrate
I enter DES, begin game, stupid mistake - lost life, exit from game, begin game, AGAIN enter initials, AGAIN stupid mistake ...
60% of game is entering initials, 10% beginning game, 10% exit from game, 20% play game.

'Initials at end' - ok
Begin game, stupid mistake - lost life, exit from game, begin game, stupid mistake ...
80% is playing, 10% begin game, 10% exit from game. Entering initials is 0.0000000.....1% - at end of game only.
DaviL
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by DaviL »

destructor wrote:
sawys wrote:In wardner you enter initials at the beginning of the game so we don't have excuses to not do it...
And the simple fact of doing it prooves that you respect the other players. And more for a challenge, don't you think ?

Ex.
I enter DES, begin game, stupid mistake - lost life, exit from game, begin game, AGAIN enter initials, AGAIN stupid mistake ...
60% of game is entering initials, 10% beginning game, 10% exit from game, 20% play game.

'Initials at end' - ok
Begin game, stupid mistake - lost life, exit from game, begin game, stupid mistake ...
80% is playing, 10% begin game, 10% exit from game. Entering initials is 0.0000000.....1% - at end of game only.
LOL \:D/ :mrgreen: =D>
sawys
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by sawys »

Marco Marocco wrote:I use usuall only wolf, sometimes may be was in function avg antivirus
Strange :?: :?:
So we need to trust in you :D
Sawys is Sébastien GIRAUD, admin of MAMESCORE, member of MARP, TWIN GALAXIES, RETRO UPRISING and ex-member of JVRM :-D
sawys
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by sawys »

DaviL wrote:
destructor wrote:

Ex.

'Initials at end' - ok
LOL \:D/ :mrgreen: =D>
I'm deseperated :roll: ](*,) So i :-#
destructor
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by destructor »

sawys wrote:
mahlemiut wrote:After watching Gemant's Charlie Ninja inp, using the extend at 200k only option might be a good idea. (Default is extend at every 200k)
We wrote that "Techniques that were banned in the MARP will not be allowed in this challenge" so if marp rule change, then we will change it or maybe that judges can tell opinion on gemant's charlie ninja inp.
Judge destructor opinion :wink: :
I don't see nothing wrong in GHEMANT's inp. With this method he made a bit over 90k on one life. Extra life is after every 200k.
All is OK.
mahlemiut
Editor

Post by mahlemiut »

destructor wrote:Judge destructor opinion :wink: :
I don't see nothing wrong in GHEMANT's inp. With this method he made a bit over 90k on one life. Extra life is after every 200k.
All is OK.
Except for falling asleep in front of the PC :)
- Barry Rodewald
MARP Assistant Web Maintainer
Francois Daniel
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by Francois Daniel »

sawys wrote:The true player love to put his initials and i think that with an emulator like mame, it's a way of R.E.S.P.E.C.T the other players.
But you don't need to play again, for sure.
I will confirm.
Nice play on wardner and maybe a new way of increase gold on stage 3 ;)
Thank you for your answer, i will confirm :D
Sawys, keep cool ;)

Everybody here know Davil is a true player. And the same for the others players from Italian team. Many things can take place for fail initial entering. If the computer is good, so the inp is good. The rule for AAA etenring is when someone put each time AAA for initials, and its not the case here.

Wonder
Francois Daniel
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

destructor wrote:
sawys wrote:
mahlemiut wrote:After watching Gemant's Charlie Ninja inp, using the extend at 200k only option might be a good idea. (Default is extend at every 200k)
We wrote that "Techniques that were banned in the MARP will not be allowed in this challenge" so if marp rule change, then we will change it or maybe that judges can tell opinion on gemant's charlie ninja inp.
Judge destructor opinion :wink: :
All is OK.
The same for me, nthing wrong in this inp. It's like Rygar leeching.

Furthermore, I think rules doesn't must change during a competition. If we've not seen something before. Too late. It's to us to take the time needed for prepare such competition and not only 15 days.

Wonder
Francois Daniel
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Day 4

France : 146
Italy : 122

Italy's return.Now it's only 24 points between the two countries.

Elevator is the most played game with 10 sendings, and Top Hunter is the less played with 2 only sendings.

François
Attachments
France vs Italy Challenge J4.zip
(5.09 KiB) Downloaded 244 times
sawys
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by sawys »

Francois Daniel wrote:
sawys wrote:The true player love to put his initials and i think that with an emulator like mame, it's a way of R.E.S.P.E.C.T the other players.
But you don't need to play again, for sure.
I will confirm.
Nice play on wardner and maybe a new way of increase gold on stage 3 ;)
Thank you for your answer, i will confirm :D
Sawys, keep cool ;)

Everybody here know Davil is a true player. And the same for the others players from Italian team. Many things can take place for fail initial entering. If the computer is good, so the inp is good. The rule for AAA etenring is when someone put each time AAA for initials, and its not the case here.

Wonder
Captain you're right, now i will be dumb not to say bad things anymore
destructor
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by destructor »

mahlemiut wrote:
destructor wrote:Judge destructor opinion :wink: :
All is OK.
Except for falling asleep in front of the PC :)
Frameskip11 and disable throttle ;)