France vs. Italy Challenge - Rules and Leaderboard

General discussion on MAME, MARP, or whatever else that doesn't belong in any of the other forums

Moderators: mahlemiut, seymour, QRS

sawys
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

France vs. Italy Challenge - Rules and Leaderboard

Post by sawys »

Here will be posted the rules and the link to the leaderboard
Sawys is Sébastien GIRAUD, admin of MAMESCORE, member of MARP, TWIN GALAXIES, RETRO UPRISING and ex-member of JVRM :-D
sawys
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by sawys »

Here are the rules, i will update if there are any changing agreed by the two teams.

The Rules of the France vs. Italy Challenge (inspired from marp tournament)

NUMBER OF PARTICIPANTS :

- Maximum of participant are 5 by team but must be the same for each team.
- Delay for fixing the list of players is one week from the 1st contact to the team

VOTING ON GAMES & RULES &

- Each participant of each team propose three(3) games where none of the member has a 1st-2nd-3rd place at marp at the date of proposals (including parent and clones).
- Proposals can't be on parent and clone of the same game.
- Delay for proposals is 4 days according to the date of the list of players

GAME SELECTION:
- Each team must choose 1 game on the 3 proposals by player.
- Delay for choosing games is 2 days according to the date of proposals

DIP SETTINGS:

- MAME Default Settings will be used for this tournament.

JUDGES :

- 2 judges are designed for this challenge : responsibility of the judge is to prevent conflict between players if they are suspected of leeching or are in disagree on a game.
JUDGES ARE : VALTER TRB AND DESTRUCTOR

CONFIRMERS :
- Each member can ask the responsibility to validate the games of the other team
- Regular MARP Validators can validate the games during all the challenge

VERSION OF MAME USED:
- WOLFMAME 0.103 will be used for this tournament.

LENGTH OF CONTEST:

- The length of the contest will be from 00:00 GMT on the 1st february 2006 until 00:00 GMT on the 1st april 2006.
Captains of each team have the right to extend the deadline for bad server reasons.

REQUIREMENTS FOR PARTICIPATION:

- All players must have a valid e-mail address registered in MARP (reachable by the "@" link on the score table). This way judges or validators can directly reach the player to inform them of any bad inps. Failure to have a valid e-mail address will result in disqualification. The reason of a harsh penalty is because you can easily get an email address, using Yahoo, or Hotmail, or something like that, and you've got one.

RECORDING ETIQUETTE:

- During all the competition, players should play only on one computer. Caracteristics of player's computer will be taken on the 1st inp (on wlf file) posted at marp after the start fixed at 01/02/06 - 00:00 GMT.

- Before the beginning of the challenge or during the 1st days, each player can delete temporarily his old score(s) and if he doesn't beat it he will upload it again after the end of the challenge

- Every upload must specify " France vs. Italy Challenge " in the description box

- Don't forget to send the wlf file with your inp file

- After the beginning, all recordings posted at marp must beat his/her 1st score in the challenge. If you scored 50 points in one game, the next upload must be of a higher value. It can't be 49 points, but it can be 51 points.

- Each player can send any number of inps that he wants during all the contest from 01/02/2006 00:00 GMT to 01/04/2006 00:00 GMT.

- There will be no excessive points leeching in any game. It is to the judge's discretion to determine wheater a game is points leeching or not.

- Techniques that were banned in the MARP will not be allowed in this challenge.

- The score you claim must be done on the FIRST CREDIT of your recording. Failure to do so will result in your score being changed to what it was for the first credit.

- All recordings must be dated within the contest dates - so make sure your computer date is right. :)

- The 1st game posted at marp should be recorded after the starting hour and date but the last game posted at marp should be sent before the deadline hour and date even if the recording has begun before the deadline.

- To encourage good sportsmanship, no recording can be uploaded 48 hours after you recorded it. If these periods are violated, then that person's score for that game will be changed to zero.

- If a game involves shooting, NO autofire will be permitted. Using autofire will result in the recording being disqualified.

- There will be amnesty if there are server problems. This will be determined by the judges or the team's captains.

- No game will be allowed if the speed of the recording is less than 95 %. Recordings failing keep the speed at 95 % or greater will be disqualified.

SCORING:

- Each member play for his team

- A place-ranking system will be used like this according to the best score only :
1st place = 12
2nd place = 8
3rd place = 6
4th place = 3
5th place = 2
6th place = 1
after the 6th place no points is earned.

- Each person who doesn't submit a score is assessed a ZERO for that game.

- The challenge is won when at the end of the given time period the team totalized the more points.

- If there are any ties in the leaderboard, it will be declared a tie.

Enjoy playing this challenge and good luck to you all :D

Last edited on 4th february at 11:35 GMT (only the 1st line of post)
Last edited by sawys on Sat Feb 04, 2006 8:05 am, edited 2 times in total.
Sawys is Sébastien GIRAUD, admin of MAMESCORE, member of MARP, TWIN GALAXIES, RETRO UPRISING and ex-member of JVRM :-D
sawys
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by sawys »

Here is the link to the leaderboard.

http://www.arcadeblog.net/jvrm/jvrm.htm

It will be updated by jvrm's team each day around 12:00 in regard of the score posted at marp the day before.
DaviL
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by DaviL »

sawys wrote:I reserve this place for the rules when we will be agree or not for the bonus points at the middle of the challenge.
I think we already told about special bonus at the middle of the challenge, in order to have people send inps before the last days..(see GOTW).
We forget told you about it I think!

Good site!
sawys
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by sawys »

INP OF GEMANT IS NOT VALID FOR THE CHALLENGE BECAUSE STARTING DATE OF RECORDING IS 31th JANVIER AT 18:30 (STORED IN THE INP)
DaviL
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by DaviL »

sawys wrote:INP OF GEMANT IS NOT VALID FOR THE CHALLENGE BECAUSE STARTING DATE OF RECORDING IS 31th JANVIER AT 18:30 (STORED IN THE INP)
Is a sample of the possible leeching in charlie ninja.
You have limited lives, so must decided if is allowed or not.
I think yes is possible, hope more people can say his opinion.
GHEMANT
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by GHEMANT »

sawys wrote:INP OF GEMANT IS NOT VALID FOR THE CHALLENGE BECAUSE STARTING DATE OF RECORDING IS 31th JANVIER AT 18:30 (STORED IN THE INP)
no problem, this week end I remake a valid replay
sawys
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by sawys »

DaviL wrote:
sawys wrote:I reserve this place for the rules when we will be agree or not for the bonus points at the middle of the challenge.
I think we already told about special bonus at the middle of the challenge, in order to have people send inps before the last days..(see GOTW).
We forget told you about it I think!

Good site!
I think that jvrm team will never play like this (talking about send inps before the last days).

And finally the system of bonuses is not so good because you can snipe juste before the date fixed for those bonus points.
So your team can win more points just sending inps before the middle of the challenge ;)
We are always discussing about this...
sawys
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by sawys »

CONCERNING GEMANT INP ON TOP HUNTER, YOU TOLD THAT YOU MADE THIS RECORDING ON BIOS JAPAN MVS (V3.0) BUT DEFAULT SETTINGS ARE ON BIOS EUROPE MVS (V2.0)...
I wondering if the difficulty and the game is the same ??

EXCUSE ME BUT EACH PLAYER MUST USE DEFAULT MAME 0.103 SETTINGS !
GHEMANT
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by GHEMANT »

I use always bios MVS Japan 3 in all my replay because I play in Japanese system only.

but japanese system in 95% of neo geo games is the same of the default bios.

Top hunter and pulstar is the same games in japan/usa system.

other settings are default (number of lives, difficulty, time etc.)
DaviL
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by DaviL »

>And finally the system of bonuses is not so good because you can snipe juste
before the date fixed for those bonus points.
So your team can win more points just sending inps before the middle of the
challenge
We are always discussing about this...

Ok, no problem. Only the final date is valid for points.
DaviL
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by DaviL »

sawys wrote:CONCERNING GEMANT INP ON TOP HUNTER, YOU TOLD THAT YOU MADE THIS RECORDING ON BIOS JAPAN MVS (V3.0) BUT DEFAULT SETTINGS ARE ON BIOS EUROPE MVS (V2.0)...

Ok, you are right! This replay is not valid, cause is not wolfmame 0.103.
sawys
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by sawys »

DaviL wrote:
sawys wrote:CONCERNING GEMANT INP ON TOP HUNTER, YOU TOLD THAT YOU MADE THIS RECORDING ON BIOS JAPAN MVS (V3.0) BUT DEFAULT SETTINGS ARE ON BIOS EUROPE MVS (V2.0)...

Ok, you are right! This replay is not valid, cause is not wolfmame 0.103.
It seems that it is the same case for PULSTAR [-X ](*,)
Francois Daniel
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by Francois Daniel »

sawys wrote: - A place-ranking system will be used like this according to the best score only :
1st place = 12
2nd place = 8
3rd place = 6
4th place = 3
5th place = 2
6th place = 1
after the 6th place no points is earned.
Strange for me... 4th place seems to be wrong because they're 3 points between 3rd and 4th, and only 2 points between 2nd and 3rd.

I think 12, 8, 6, 4, 2, 1 will be better or 12, 8, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 (like the old F1 championship score shedule). Or even 12, 8, 5, 3, 2, 1.

Wonder
Francois Daniel
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by Francois Daniel »

Here ranking for Day 1, February 01 2006

France is in pole position but only 5 players have posted and Zarouk had post on each game. Beside, 3 greats scores of Gemant have been eliminated because they've not made with Mame 103.

Wonder
Attachments
France vs Italy Challenge J1.zip
(4.96 KiB) Downloaded 554 times