Gamest and Arcadia complete database on line in english

General discussion on MAME, MARP, or whatever else that doesn't belong in any of the other forums

Moderators: mahlemiut, seymour, QRS

GHEMANT
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Gamest and Arcadia complete database on line in english

Post by GHEMANT »

I'm glad to announce that after 3 years of hard work its finally available on line the gamest/arcadia record list (complete database) up-to-date at the last number of the Arcadia Magazine.

The database is really accurate and complete of the name of the player that realized the score. To better understand the list, please consult the instructions (left click on "legenda").

The documente has been entirely realized and traduced in english by Gemant ZBL-Fukuda.

Everyone can finally see it at this url:

http://www.aiva.emuita.it/gamest.php
tar
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by tar »

good
brilliant yellow screen
nice statistics :!:
Chad
Tournament Coordinator

Post by Chad »

really cool! question: what does COUNTER STOP mean in the notes?
-skito
mahlemiut
Editor

Post by mahlemiut »

Heh. Shock Troopers - 37,669,300, by "LORD BBH" :D
- Barry Rodewald
MARP Assistant Web Maintainer
mahlemiut
Editor

Post by mahlemiut »

Chad wrote:really cool! question: what does COUNTER STOP mean in the notes?
Counter Stop = score maxed out.
- Barry Rodewald
Novice
The greatest info supplyer

Re: Gamest and Arcadia complete database on line in english

Post by Novice »

GHEMANT wrote: The documente has been entirely realized and traduced in english by Gemant ZBL-Fukuda.
Did you join the member of "ZBL"!?!?

terrible. 8O
DEFence CONdition
WAR 1<< >>7 PEACE
The_Pro
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by The_Pro »

There is a Dodonpachi replay on that page that makes me want to throw up, repeatedly 8O . Scoll down a bit on this page.

http://www.aiva.emuita.it/capitolo_records.php

It says omake in the description though so maybe it's just a demonstation video? Something played in slow-mo? Someone please tell me it's fake.

The scoreboard they put up looks good but I was surprised that there wasn't an entry for 1942. Tried comparing my scores with other games but it's hard to compare when you don't know what crazy glitches were used. House of the dead 2 for example has a 300K+ score which is totally impossible in normal play. It says stage 2 bug in the description though, anyone know what that is?
Aurcade - Find the coin-op games you want to play!
mahlemiut
Editor

Post by mahlemiut »

Gamest only covered games during the magazine's lifetime (1986 - 1999). Basically, nothing before 1986 will be listed.
- Barry Rodewald
GHEMANT
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Re: Gamest and Arcadia complete database on line in english

Post by GHEMANT »

Novice wrote:
GHEMANT wrote: The documente has been entirely realized and traduced in english by Gemant ZBL-Fukuda.
Did you join the member of "ZBL"!?!?

terrible. 8O
"ZBL" is a japanaese form name for the dodonpachi professional player, I'm italian, and this name is not correlated with ZBL-NAI.
GHEMANT
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by GHEMANT »

mahlemiut wrote:Gamest only covered games during the magazine's lifetime (1986 - 1999). Basically, nothing before 1986 will be listed.

yes, but exist other way to know very old arcade score.... other magazine was exist in Japan and I create a new document for a old records... (in next 2 week I think)
tmorrow
Button Masher
Button Masher

Post by tmorrow »

Very nice. What is the colour coding scheme? There's mostly yellow, but some blue, green etc?
mahlemiut
Editor

Post by mahlemiut »

Look at the bottom of the front page.... Colour coding all there. And now I know what "turchese" looks like :)
- Barry Rodewald
zlk
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by zlk »

The_Pro wrote:There is a Dodonpachi replay on that page that makes me want to throw up, repeatedly 8O . Someone please tell me it's fake.
It is my understanding that the dodonpachi replay on that page is fake. I am sure that if you saw a real 700M+ dodonpachi movie, it would still make you feel sick :D .
QRS
Editor

Post by QRS »

zlk wrote:
The_Pro wrote:There is a Dodonpachi replay on that page that makes me want to throw up, repeatedly 8O . Someone please tell me it's fake.
It is my understanding that the dodonpachi replay on that page is fake. I am sure that if you saw a real 700M+ dodonpachi movie, it would still make you feel sick :D .
Isn't that the same replay that was uploaded at MARP a long time ago? rerecorded and with slowdown? Barry might know :)

Anyway, there ARE players that can finish dodonpachi with similar scores with no cheating whatsoever. Some of these players are robots.. It is hard to believe how a player can be that good at shooters.. :)

Talking about 1942, Martin.. Hisas score of 14mil+. Have you seen it? Amazing stuff.
QRS
The_Pro
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by The_Pro »

zlk wrote: It is my understanding that the dodonpachi replay on that page is fake. I am sure that if you saw a real 700M+ dodonpachi movie, it would still make you feel sick :D .
Thank god. I know that some players are gret at this game, but some of the stuff there was just too much.
QRS wrote:Talking about 1942, Martin.. Hisas score of 14mil+. Have you seen it? Amazing stuff.
Yeah, I don't know where I got it but I've seen it, great stuff. That's why I was wondering if there was anything higher on those scoreboards.

On a totally unrelated note, the Crazy Taxi score on that board is only 800$ higher than the TG record...so close.
Aurcade - Find the coin-op games you want to play!