TG 2005 Bounties

General discussion on MAME, MARP, or whatever else that doesn't belong in any of the other forums

Moderators: mahlemiut, seymour, QRS

zlk
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

TG 2005 Bounties

Post by zlk »

Here they are:

http://www.twingalaxies.com/index.aspx?c=46&id=974

In Total Carnage at the hardest difficulty, is it possible to warp using passwords? If you can still warp, the total carnage bounty is very easy since it seems like they have not banned the "AZAZ" warp. :D
BBH
Editor

Re: TG 2005 Bounties

Post by BBH »

zlk wrote:Here they are:

http://www.twingalaxies.com/index.aspx?c=46&id=974

In Total Carnage at the hardest difficulty, is it possible to warp using passwords? If you can still warp, the total carnage bounty is very easy since it seems like they have not banned the "AZAZ" warp. :D
The bounty seems to imply that you need to finish the game AND reach the Pleasure Dome, and the only way to do that is to play through the whole game and collect 220 keys.

In other words....

NOT GONNA HAPPEN.
dskys
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by dskys »

Bounty (21) – “Track n Field” for arcade/MAME ROMset = “TRACKFLD” Challenge Rating – 7.5 (out of 5) Challenge – achieve a score of at least 98,000 points Rules and Settings – difficulty = 2 (Normal), starting lives = 2, bonus life = None, Game is OVER after last event Special Note (1) – due to the multiple methods for cheating on this title, and the years of hearing stories of alleged accomplishments, I am taking unique steps to ensure that any submission is totally legit as follows below. Special Note (2) – any submissions received will be met with an extra level of scrutiny, which may even include asking a world class player for their professional opinion on the legitimacy of the performance. In that event, at my own expense, a copy will be forwarded to an expert on the title. Their opinion will be considered but will not be the sole determining factor on whether the performance is legitimate. That being said…

Special ARCADE Rules – track balls are NOT allowed…proof that buttons were used is an absolute must or “bounty” cannot and will not be awarded. Also, challenge is for single player performance ONLY…assistance from a second player is expressly prohibited. Lastly, player may ONLY use their hands/fingers on the buttons…no external devices are allowed (NO exceptions), and proof that hands/fingers were used is an absolute must or “bounty” cannot and will not be awarded.

Special MAME Rules – for MAME players, unless the game is captured by video camcorder, it is impossible to determine whether a track ball was utilized or whether an external device was used to facilitate rapid consistent depressing of buttons. Therefore, to prevent any form of cheating, the following three (3) steps must be adhered to… 1st – MAME players MUST capture their entire performance via video camcorder onto VHS videocassette inclusive of accessing their folder for MAME screenshots (.png files) to show that no screenshot exists prior to gameplay 2nd – Continue recording while launching MAME and selecting the “Play and Record” option, this way I know that an INP playback is not being recorded instead. 3rd - Further, upon completion of the title, hit “F12” to capture a screenshot, then continue recording and access the screenshot folder on your MAME directory. Open the new ‘png file. If the score matches, then I will accept your submission Bounty Prize = $500.00 Bounty Payable Date – ninety (90) days after mailing postmark of successful accomplishment.
Interesting heh
#Find another way to me
Find another way and make me free
Then you hear my voice 'don't find another wayyyyy'
Oh i've cried for you, please follow me oh follow meee
destructor
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by destructor »

Start :wink:
The TJT
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by The TJT »

Well, that T&F bounty ain't gonna be collected...

I was thinking to submit later something on atlantol, using 3 buttons only...no joystick for highjump. I bet I can't get even 2,49 at highjump nowadays with normal hotrod buttons...so 94k would be great. Robert might have given something for breaking Kelly's 95050 score... That alone would take me some time to break, and lots of taping...and some highjump practice...but I never practice highjump, it's the only boring event in the game.

I'm having trouble connecting TG site at the moment...Could someone post here a doc or message for all 2005 bounties?
diabolik
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by diabolik »

The TJT wrote:Could someone post here a doc or message for all 2005 bounties?
Here:
Attachments
bounties.zip
tg bounties 2005
(40.91 KiB) Downloaded 413 times
The TJT
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by The TJT »

Kiitos.

Now, who will be the first to play joust2 upto level 99 :D

P.S. T&F challenge rating is 7,5 out of 5, hehehe.
dskys
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by dskys »

Yeah heheh I noticed that...

If you read the notes at the end he descibes the TnF challenge as a 'put up or shut up' challenge - so many claim to have 98k+ so he wants someone to do it.

But I agree, it ain't gonna happen - unless someone does it on a machine rather than mame and they have high scores and nail a hammer bonus.
#Find another way to me
Find another way and make me free
Then you hear my voice 'don't find another wayyyyy'
Oh i've cried for you, please follow me oh follow meee
diabolik
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by diabolik »

I'm 99% sure I can collect one of the bounties (I'm not telling which one) :) Just hoping no one does it before me.
destructor
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by destructor »

diabolik wrote:I'm 99% sure I can collect one of the bounties (I'm not telling which one) :) Just hoping no one does it before me.
Why 99% only? :D
AL
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

re.....Track 'n' Field Bounty

Post by AL »

http://www.twingalaxies.com/forums/view ... 03&start=0

I agree with Tommi. Kelly's score should have been the bounty. But then that was arcade, this is MAME. Anyhow if you ask me, Tommi's MAME score should have been the real bounty.

Bleh....

AL
HAL: " It's puzzling . I've never seen anything quite like this before..? "
rmruczek
Button Slapper
Button Slapper

The 2005 Choices Explained

Post by rmruczek »

Hello fellow gamers:

The reason that the 98,000 on T&F was selected was largely to put an end to the numerous bold claims of such scores. After more than a year of hearing them, I had enough and wanted the gamers to put their money where their mouth is.

Tell you what. If, by December 31st, no one has reached 98,000 points, then the FIRST RECEIVED videotape or INP file conforming to the instructions for the bounty that beats Tommi's MAME score will win half the "Bounty", meaning $250.00, and that would be payable on December 31st, 2005.

To be clear, the very first gamer who sends me proof of a higher score than Tommi's will be the only person eligible for $250.00...UNLESS a 98,000 score or higher is also received at any point between now and December 31st. If that happens, and the verification is successful, then the $250 offer is null and void.

Also, to be fair, I will require an additional set of expert eyes to verify a score submission that high on this title. Alex Weir on the TG forum has already volunteered to assist me should such an INP be received. If no one objects, he will be my co-verification of a submission on this title.

That being said, two (2) bounties have already been claimed. I have a separate thread set up on the TG forum to track the status of claimed bounties.

Due to a computer network glitch, I received two simultaneously on the same title. Now, I could say that each gets half, but I wanted to take the high road and offer both gamers the same amount. Thankfully such a glitch won't happen again !!

Okay, the two bounties claimed thus far are "Lunar Rescue" and "Cerberus". Can't wait to verify these INPs.

Adam Wood reported to me at Funspot this past November that someone put up 12M on XBox Live for "Joust 2", and since the game only allows you to play at tournament settings, I was quite worried, but the bounty stands. I know from Mark Longridge that a major leeching tactic exists in a 2-player game which is why this bounty is for single player only.

Later in the year I'll add more bounties, maybe even one on "Warlords"...all depends on my personal time and resources.

Good luck to all participants. I will attempt to answer all queries as fast as I can, but I cannot be in too many different forums at once as my real job (accounting) monopolizes most of my day until the late evening. TG work is mostly what I do afterwards.

Again, good luck. Thansk.

Robert[/u]
Robert T Mruczek
Twin Galaxies - Editor and Chief referee
Star Wars classic arcade marathon champion
rmruczek@doremus.com (work E-MAIL)

BBH
Editor

Re: The 2005 Choices Explained

Post by BBH »

rmruczek wrote:Due to a computer network glitch, I received two simultaneously on the same title. Now, I could say that each gets half, but I wanted to take the high road and offer both gamers the same amount. Thankfully such a glitch won't happen again !!
Thanks again ;D

I just wish I'd been able to hold out longer for a higher score. Now destructor is #1 on Lunar Rescue again :P
rmruczek
Button Slapper
Button Slapper

No Problem...and More Info

Post by rmruczek »

Hi BBH:

Glad you approve of my decision to offer you both the prize.

Please check out the seperate TG forum thread on 2005 bounty rules and changes. Until I have Walter Day amend the primary article, this temporary thread will track these changes, such as "Frogger" being five (5) men to start and not three (3). Dwayne Richard caught that glaring typo. There were a few more.

Just wanted to go into a bit of explanation as to one of my "Bounty" choices. In short, I've found a couple of games while perusing MAME recently that really caught my attention, either because I genuinely like the game, or I think the challenge and fun level is exceptional.

I didn't add it this year, as I have to save some for next year, but I tend to like off-beat titles like "Strategy X", "Cerberus" and "Mystic Marathon"...and even that "Adventures or Mr. F. Lea". But certain classics are near and dear to me like "Super Cobra" from the 2004 bounties, and "Rally X" from this year.

One bit of news...Donald Hayes beat the long-standing "Super Cobra" record with a score of 225K this past January 8th, just missing the bounty expiration. It was done at Funspot in front of multiple witnesses, including an authorized TG Referee-at-Large (Shawn Cram), so the score will be honoured.

I'm trying to catch up on the many inquiries received thus far so have to cut this reply short. Hoping to see some of you submit more MAME scores soon enough. Though 2 bounties are claimed, there are more than 35 arcade and MAME bounties to go !!

Robert
Robert T Mruczek
Twin Galaxies - Editor and Chief referee
Star Wars classic arcade marathon champion
rmruczek@doremus.com (work E-MAIL)

TRB_MetroidTeam
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by TRB_MetroidTeam »

Well... let's see what is possible to do
:)
Valter "TRB" - The Real Battle