Game shutsdown when it gets to 10,000 frames

General discussion on MAME, MARP, or whatever else that doesn't belong in any of the other forums

Moderators: mahlemiut, seymour, QRS

Rat
Button Masher
Button Masher

Game shutsdown when it gets to 10,000 frames

Post by Rat »

Hi ,

I just updated to 0.89 and now when I record a game it gets to 10,000 frames and seems to run out of room for the digits and shutsdown ? WTF ?

Cheers,
Rat
Rat
Button Masher
Button Masher

Post by Rat »

Hmmm, it seems to be someting to do with a benchmarking option, now to find how to turn it off.

Read some info here http://benchmark.mameworld.net/howto.html

"-ftr 10000 (Frames To Render 10000)
MAME will render the first 10000 frames of the game, and then quit. 10000 devided by the number of seconds the game ran for then gives us the resulting FPS measurement. 10000 is fairly arbitrary, but gives most games a good amount of frames to get through a demo or two, giving a more accurate indication of the real framerate."
mahlemiut
Editor

Post by mahlemiut »

Make sure there isn't a listing for ftr in mame.ini. If there is, just set it to 0 or remove it entirely.
- Barry Rodewald
MARP Assistant Web Maintainer
Rat
Button Masher
Button Masher

Post by Rat »

Found it, there was an entry in mame.ini called "frames to run" and it was set to 0 already, so I deleted it, fixed :)

Rat
Button Masher
Button Masher

Post by Rat »

Hmmm, mame recreates the ini entry "frames_to_run 0" when you restart mame.

But it only seems to stuff up the recording of the new space invaders clone invader4

If I delete the ini entry i can record invader4 past 10000 frames, but only till i restart mame and the entry is there again. The first play will blink at 10000 frames and keep playing, the second play will shut the game down at 10000 frames.

As I said it only seems to happen with invader4, so i can live with it.

I wonder if others playing this game have had problems ?

You looking in Diabolik ?
mahlemiut
Editor

Post by mahlemiut »

Check if you have an invaders.ini or invader4.ini in either your MAME folder or the ini subfolder.
- Barry Rodewald
MARP Assistant Web Maintainer
diabolik
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by diabolik »

Yeah, I remember the blink at 10000 frames but I didn't have any further problems with invader4.
Rat
Button Masher
Button Masher

Post by Rat »

mahlemiut wrote:Check if you have an invaders.ini or invader4.ini in either your MAME folder or the ini subfolder.
Nahh there was none there, and i still have the problem, it even resets before 10000 sometimes, I give up I'll play someting else.

Maybe it won't happen in mame 0.90 Diabolik you space invaders 4 score is safe, for now ;)