Must see recordings

General discussion on MAME, MARP, or whatever else that doesn't belong in any of the other forums

Moderators: mahlemiut, seymour, QRS

The TJT
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Re: Must see recordings

Post by The TJT » Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:05 pm

thegalagaking wrote:
Thu Oct 04, 2018 3:59 pm
For me it would have to be Gavin Ward's Marble Madness WR score. What he does with a trackball (or even harder, a mouse for that matter) is nothing less than incredible. Him moving that marble around the board is almost flawless. I would have crashed my marble 1,000 times if I zipped around the boards the way he does. :lol:
Hi Stephen,

Yes, his play is very impressive looking... although I'm pretty damn sure that what he does - does not require as much raw skill as much lesser scores with a trackball... To my recollection Gavin used some sort of analog joystick/joypad which allows nearly instantaneous acceleration unlike trackball would, and is more easy to use too it seems. That can be seen especially on Silly World when he squashes the small monsters. In other words his controller allows him to change direction with almost no slowdown of the marble & maintaining max speed throughout.

Also, some Marble romsets give more time than others, that can be easily observed from scores.

Just saying. :)

Phil Lamat
Regulation Coordinator

Re: Must see recordings

Post by Phil Lamat » Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:27 pm

The TJT wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:05 pm
Also, some Marble romsets give more time than others, that can be easily observed from scores.
Parent set allows better scores than all clones because of 5 sec more given at start of races #2-3-4 = 21000 pts more