Rod Land record on story 2 by Novice

General discussion on MAME, MARP, or whatever else that doesn't belong in any of the other forums

Moderators: mahlemiut, seymour, QRS

Kold666
Button Slapper
Button Slapper

Post by Kold666 »

DO NOT DOWNLOAD MY REPLAY IF YOU HAVE SOME COMPLAIN
No, we have asked how you obtained 1 milion per hit and you answered insulting and telling us we are morons because we don't know your beautiful language. Why we have to study jap if rodland is written in english?....the answer can be found only in your empty mind.

At the end you seem to be proud of keeping the veil of mystery surrounding your record, so you have also to accept that until you tell us how you obtained that, some guys can doubt tha you used a trick or a bug of the game...
Weehawk
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by Weehawk »

Kold666 wrote:Why we have to study jap if rodland is written in english?
I was sort of wondering that myself...
John Cunningham (JTC)
DeSangre
Button Masher
Button Masher

Post by DeSangre »

(>' ')>

His post says (more or less):

After you get to 800.000, you can get 1.000.000 for each hit.
(this is called HYPER MODE)

He wrote the numbers in hiragana... Why he did that is beyond me...
(I guess he refer to reaching the last boss with a score over 800k)
Weehawk
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by Weehawk »

DeSangre wrote:He wrote the numbers in hiragana... Why he did that is beyond me...
Not beyond me. He did it to perplex us gaijin.

Anyway if this is true, everything looks legit.

He goes from below 800k to 847,500 for killing the next-to-last boss, then he gets one million for each hit on the last boss. He shows 20,847,500 when it says he has finished. He gets a 100,000 bonus for finishing (gee thanks) and when he signs his initials it shows 21,947,500. I guess his last hit on the boss didn't get added in til afterwards.

Maybe someone else can score 800k before the last boss to prove this.

It won't be me.
John Cunningham (JTC)
Novice
The greatest info supplyer

Post by Novice »

DEFCON=5
Weehawk wrote:
DeSangre wrote:He wrote the numbers in hiragana... Why he did that is beyond me...
Not beyond me. He did it to perplex us gaijin.

Anyway if this is true, everything looks legit.

He goes from below 800k to 847,500 for killing the next-to-last boss, then he gets one million for each hit on the last boss. He shows 20,847,500 when it says he has finished. He gets a 100,000 bonus for finishing (gee thanks) and when he signs his initials it shows 21,947,500. I guess his last hit on the boss didn't get added in til afterwards.

Maybe someone else can score 800k before the last boss to prove this.

It won't be me.
Congratulations. Desangre is very good at Japanese.
I must make more difficult words next time :D
everything is exactly right.

I already said "It is not a bug but a rule." "ban 902,000+ points?"
those also are fit your answer.

P.S.
by the way I already predict "some noisy guy scream like crazy about this mode", 3 month ago (at comment of rod-land normal stage) :lol:
DEFence CONdition
WAR 1<< >>7 PEACE
Weehawk
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by Weehawk »

Novice wrote: already said "It is not a bug but a rule." "ban 902,000+ points?"
those also are fit your answer.
Ha! Very clever. That stuck in the back of my mind but I never gave it serious thought.

He was giving us a clue.

To avoid the "hyper-mode" you could reach the last boss with a maximum of 799,900. It takes 21 hits to kill it which you would get the standard 100 points each for. That gives you 802k. the finishing bonus would add 100k, meaning you could only score 902k without the "hyper-mode" effect.

How inscrutable you are, Novice.

I'm still not learning Japanese though. :wink:
John Cunningham (JTC)
Buttermaker
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by Buttermaker »

This thread proves that MARP is more than a simple replay site. It's also a quiz show. Congrats to the winner: DeSangre. =D>

Can't wait for the next episode.
Weehawk
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by Weehawk »

Novice wrote:P.S.
by the way I already predict "some noisy guy scream like crazy about this mode", 3 month ago (at comment of rod-land normal stage)
Re-read the first four posts in this thread.

They are curious because they had never seen this before, and Kale suggests the possibility that Gamest's record might be lower because of a banned technique.

I see no one complaining specifically about what you did, much less "screaming".
John Cunningham (JTC)
MKL
Button Slapper
Button Slapper

Post by MKL »

Weehawk wrote:Kale suggests the possibility that Gamest's record might be lower because of a banned technique.
Now that we know how hisa's score was obtained that possibility can be ruled out and Gamest record (1.177.900) remains unexplained. Since it's over 902.000 it'll have to do with the so-called hyper mode but then why is it that low?? If it takes 21 hits to defeat the last boss and each hit awards 1 million in hyper mode, then one would expect a score about as high as hisa's (20M+).
Novice

Re: Rod Land record on story 2 by Novice

Post by Novice »

Kold666 wrote:On Gamest, Rod Land record for Story 2 is 1.177.900. The record posted some days ago is around 21M.
How can there be such a gap with the Gamest result which should be a world record?
Anyone knows?
Answer detail for an old question
As you know.each score/remaining change, 1million points will be added when you over 800,000 points.
not only story 2 but also story 1. not bug but a rule.
because of gamest record is 1,177,900.

Top players make 800,000 at early round.(for normal human like me,hyper mode works after round 31 bonus.)
at normal stage,you have many method to change your score. so 100million is easy.

1. this game has only only 8 digits.after 100M+,then 9 th digits will be deleted.
99,850,000+1,000,100 turn to 850,100.
Difficult to count how much hundreds of millions of digits.

2. get more than 1,000,000points normally and score rolls, score became zero and hyper mode ended.
99,000,000+1,000,100 turn to 100. and hyper mode ended.
so REALLY good players final score will be 177,900 hyper mode must be finished.

Gamest standed original rule for this game for very good players.
[Ignore millions or more digits of score. it must be 1 million+lowest 6 digits.]

I wrote everything for Japanese wikipedia 13 years ago.(and writer was me.)
MARP does not have to care about this feature.
no one exceed 1 million these 12 years despite after some contest.
DEFence CONdition
WAR 1<< >>7 PEACE
bmclean
MARP Serf
MARP Serf

Post by bmclean »

Novice,

Thank you very much for your explanation, I was wondering what the bug was that caused very high scores and am glad you have told us how it happens. I had never played the game before the Yolympics contest but enjoy it now. The best strategy seems to be to obtain a weapon that kills multiple enemies, wait for Hurry Up and then use that weapon to kill all the new enemies? I'm not patient enough to wait on each stage but it seemed like that would obtain much higher scores. The point icons for enemies are 1000-2000-5000-3000-4000-? I didn't do enough testing to see what happens if you kill 6+ enemies in a stage with weapons.
Novice

Post by Novice »

bmclean wrote: The best strategy seems to be to obtain a weapon that kills multiple enemies, wait for Hurry Up and then use that weapon to kill all the new enemies? I'm not patient enough to wait on each stage but it seemed like that would obtain much higher scores. The point icons for enemies are 1000-2000-5000-3000-4000-? I didn't do enough testing to see what happens if you kill 6+ enemies in a stage with weapons.
Your recognition is not so wrong.
When time over, Enemies will appear increse to five.
so the best strategy is attack the position where enemies will appear when timeout.
appear and destroy if 4 or less,the next appears,destroy and appear.... is the best.
and the stage what you "can not attack appear point" or "bomb,hyper,fire does not appear" ,EXTRA is the best.
The point icons for enemies will show you 1000-2000-5000-3000-4000-1000-2000-5000-3000-4000-1000-2000-5000...
maybe 14th is 3000.
but 3000 and 4000 give you only 1000/2000 points. not 3000/4000. This is also rule(bug I think)
and reset when stage clear. next stage it will start 1000.
Kale wrote:A trick without any doubts,even though I can't see if there's an actual difference.

(E comunque:che Gemant faccia l'ipocrita non mi era nuova,per questo ha bisticciato con me.

Io non sono uno stinco di santo,ma che lui faccia lo stronzo con idee medievali sul suo forum manco fosse il Klu-Klux-Klan e che mi viene a dire che non posso citare il nome di emuita solo perche' LUI non e' sufficientemente intelligente da moderare i termini su persone che non conosce,da fare teorie azzardate su improbabili crew di persone dietro a un singolo nick o dal fare altri tipi di teorie quantomeno ironiche sulle personalita' delle persone basandosi su quattro righe scritte in croce su di un forum (inglese peraltro),beh...

Se non si fosse capito,io mi sono ritirato dal fare records,in parte perche' non trovo il tempo,in parte perche' non ho piu' molti degli stimoli che mi spingevano in passato a farli,in parte perche' lo stato ha autonomamente deciso di togliermi dieci mesi di vita senza nemmeno consultarmi.Fatto sta che avrei rifiutato comunque l'offerta,non tanto per le persone coinvolte quanto per i motivi citati sopra.

Io posso anche fare pace con Gemant se me lo chiede,ma visto che e' un tantinello troppo orgoglioso non me lo chiedera' mai... :twisted:)
LN2 wrote:
Kale wrote:-Hisa used some leeching technique which is "banned" for Gamest.
Well, if it's banned for Gamest then it should be banned here also. We all know Gamest is far more lenient about what it does or doesn't allow than we are here at MARP. In other words any technique they do ban is such an obvious abuse of playing the game that we definitely would ban it here at MARP also.

I don't know if that is the case here or not.

I would have to watch the inp myself but it was mentioned at #marp he used some trick that makes each hit on the final boss worth 1 million points each.
I had to ignore those valueless comments by valueless people.time waste and gain nothing.
I was a child and stupid.
I apologize for having polluted a bulletin board.
DEFence CONdition
WAR 1<< >>7 PEACE