Uploading AlphaMAME32

General discussion on MAME, MARP, or whatever else that doesn't belong in any of the other forums

Moderators: mahlemiut, seymour, QRS

artz
Button Slapper
Button Slapper

Uploading AlphaMAME32

Post by artz »

I used version AlphaMAME32-067-1 to record a game and was wondering if I need to select "AlphaMAME 0.67 (TG)" in the version of MAME used category. I've uploaded many scores before, but I don't see a seperate selection for Mame32. If not, will it be in the list soon. There is a note that says not to upload a recording for a version of mame that is not on the list.

Thank you.
Mr. Kelly R. Flewin
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Re: Uploading AlphaMAME32

Post by Mr. Kelly R. Flewin »

artz wrote:I used version AlphaMAME32-067-1 to record a game and was wondering if I need to select "AlphaMAME 0.67 (TG)" in the version of MAME used category. I've uploaded many scores before, but I don't see a seperate selection for Mame32. If not, will it be in the list soon. There is a note that says not to upload a recording for a version of mame that is not on the list.

Thank you.

There's 2 seperate listings, one lists Alphamame 0.67 and the other is Dos Alphamame 0.67.... the first is the Win and Win32 versions .. the second is dos only... which does make a difference. I don't know if there's compatibility issues between like... 67.1 and 67.2, but in case there is, I mention which revision I am using in my descriptions to aid confirmers.

So basically, you will need to select the first Alphamame option to upload your score. ^^

Kelly
Just a gaming junkie looking for his next High Score fix.
Skyline
MARP Serf
MARP Serf

Post by Skyline »

If you're extremely paranoid about it, just add "AlphaMAME32 0.67.1" to the .inp description. 8)
「シューティング ラブ。」
mahlemiut
Editor

Post by mahlemiut »

There is no difference between MAME and MAME32 other than the fact that one is commandline driven, and the other is GUI driven. I see no point in adding another version listing for a version that is practically identical to another. The DOS and Linux versions are pretty much compatible as it is.
- Barry Rodewald
MARP Assistant Web Maintainer
artz
Button Slapper
Button Slapper

Post by artz »

Thanks for your quick response.
artz
Button Slapper
Button Slapper

Post by artz »

Skyline wrote:If you're extremely paranoid about it, just add "AlphaMAME32 0.67.1" to the .inp description. 8)

Thanks Skyline, I took your advice. And yes, I'm always paranoid. :P