Updating the MARP site

General discussion on MAME, MARP, or whatever else that doesn't belong in any of the other forums

Moderators: mahlemiut, seymour, QRS

sikraiken
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Updating the MARP site

Post by sikraiken » Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:47 am

I know MARP isn't too active nowadays, but I feel the current site design is partially responsible for not attracting new people. Also, there are a number of pages that haven't been updated in a while, and some links don't even work at all. Barry has been keeping WolfMAME updated, and Pat has been keeping the game list updated. Other than that, who is currently responsible for what? Is it possible that I could help (if it's welcomed)?

***PL***
Editor

Re: Updating the MARP site

Post by ***PL*** » Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:19 pm

Thank you for your offer to help. I think a good idea would be to make a list of things that need to be addressed and then divide the work amongst those interested in keeping this site running smoothly. Perhaps it is time to look at the editors and their MARP responsibilities now and going forward.

Kale
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Re: Updating the MARP site

Post by Kale » Sat Dec 15, 2018 7:41 am

We may start by exporting the inp/games/players database to something modern. Don't know if using API is more convenient timing-wise than just scraping the site, prolly not since it's a trivial format to parse anyway.

While doing this we can thinking about how the new site should be, UX and features as top priority.