2011 Time Trials - Round 4 - Vs. Slalom

Discussion about MARP's Time Trial Competition
http://gameboy9.marpirc.net/timetrial

Moderator: giro-X

Re: 2011 Time Trials - Round 4 - Vs. Slalom

Postby CrazyKongFan » Sat Feb 05, 2011 7:50 am

After re-reading the description several times, I still have no clue how to score it. I played with Wolfmame106 (don't have 138 installed yet), ended first level with 2 seconds left and 32 freestyle points (do I count those?), level 2 with 5 seconds left and level 3 with 0 seconds left. On the high score screen it showed:
1: 1.27.42
2: 2.04.34
3: 1.19.84
4: Failed.
Would it be 300,700? I'll upload it as that unless I hear otherwise :)
User avatar
CrazyKongFan
MARP Knight
MARP Knight
 
Posts: 218
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 4:32 am

Re: 2011 Time Trials - Round 4 - Vs. Slalom

Postby gameboy9 » Sat Feb 05, 2011 8:46 am

1up wrote:can you get any closer to the goal without completing?
almost cleared stage 4.... im done. Controls still make my face go :x

3 stages complete, 0 minutees, 21 secsonds, 00 milliseconds (wolf106)

302,100 ?


That's good enough.

CrazyKongFan wrote:After re-reading the description several times, I still have no clue how to score it. I played with Wolfmame106 (don't have 138 installed yet), ended first level with 2 seconds left and 32 freestyle points (do I count those?), level 2 with 5 seconds left and level 3 with 0 seconds left. On the high score screen it showed:
1: 1.27.42
2: 2.04.34
3: 1.19.84
4: Failed.
Would it be 300,700? I'll upload it as that unless I hear otherwise :)


Well, for more precision, you had 2.58, 5.66, and 0.16 seconds left, so your score is actually 300,840. But if you want to upload 300,700, that's fine too. Freestyle points don't count, but they do give you more solo time for the next course, which can help you defeat the next course...
Gameboy9 - Founder and coordinator of MARP Time Trials and Olympiad
Founder - Home Action Replay Page - http://www.homeactionreplay.org
http://gameboy9.marpirc.net
User avatar
gameboy9
MARP Seer
MARP Seer
 
Posts: 683
Joined: Wed Feb 06, 2002 3:31 pm
Location: Pennsylvania, USA

Re: 2011 Time Trials - Round 4 - Vs. Slalom

Postby Marco Marocco » Sat Feb 05, 2011 9:40 am

Due to personal problems, I retire

thanks to GB9, good luck to all
User avatar
Marco Marocco
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists
 
Posts: 427
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2005 8:35 am
Location: Trieste - Italy

Re: 2011 Time Trials - Round 4 - Vs. Slalom

Postby gameboy9 » Sat Feb 05, 2011 10:23 am

Marco Marocco wrote:Due to personal problems, I retire

thanks to GB9, good luck to all


Oh no! :( I'll remove you from the leaderboard standings. I hope everything gets resolved soon. Thanks for playing and I'm sorry you have to retire.
Gameboy9 - Founder and coordinator of MARP Time Trials and Olympiad
Founder - Home Action Replay Page - http://www.homeactionreplay.org
http://gameboy9.marpirc.net
User avatar
gameboy9
MARP Seer
MARP Seer
 
Posts: 683
Joined: Wed Feb 06, 2002 3:31 pm
Location: Pennsylvania, USA

Re: 2011 Time Trials - Round 4 - Vs. Slalom

Postby CrazyKongFan » Sun Feb 06, 2011 8:26 pm

Minor improvement to get me out of the basement :mrgreen: I think I got the times right now. I downloaded 138 so I could see the times better...15.28+1.70+5.56+3.50=26.04=402604, does that sound right? That's the score I submitted anyway.
User avatar
CrazyKongFan
MARP Knight
MARP Knight
 
Posts: 218
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 4:32 am

Re: 2011 Time Trials - Round 4 - Vs. Slalom

Postby gameboy9 » Sun Feb 06, 2011 8:39 pm

CrazyKongFan wrote:Minor improvement to get me out of the basement :mrgreen: I think I got the times right now. I downloaded 138 so I could see the times better...15.28+1.70+5.56+3.50=26.04=402604, does that sound right? That's the score I submitted anyway.


Yeah you got it right.

@All: All scores are finalized. Looks like I defended my high score. :) Will I do well and become victorious in the time trial? Well, probably not. I'm not awesome at shooters. :)
Gameboy9 - Founder and coordinator of MARP Time Trials and Olympiad
Founder - Home Action Replay Page - http://www.homeactionreplay.org
http://gameboy9.marpirc.net
User avatar
gameboy9
MARP Seer
MARP Seer
 
Posts: 683
Joined: Wed Feb 06, 2002 3:31 pm
Location: Pennsylvania, USA

Previous

Return to MAME Time Trial

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 1 guest

cron