WCC week 4 : LEGEND OF SUCCEESS JOE (legendos)

Week Challenge Championship board

Moderator: NotMan

gameboy9
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by gameboy9 »

Hey now, let's give Phil a chance - it's his first time running a tournament, (and I don't think he's doing a bad job of it either) and he's trying to give something unique - so give him a break, man! :D
Gameboy9 - Founder and coordinator of MARP Time Trials and Olympiad
Founder - Home Action Replay Page - http://www.homeactionreplay.org
http://gameboy9.marpirc.net
Chad
Tournament Coordinator

Post by Chad »

i'll have to side on gameboy on this point, if we excluded "sucky" games from tournaments we'd never see ALL the mame games played. but then again i think game diversity (in any direction,, even the badly reviewed direction) is a good thing.
-skito
sikraiken
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by sikraiken »

heh. :D
mahlemiut
Editor

Post by mahlemiut »

But who'd take part in a tournament of 'sucky' games?

I don't see much interest if there are more games like Double Dragon 3, The Pit, Fight Fever, Dragonball Z 2 (from what I've heard, it's a worse fighter than Fight Fever, and that's saying something) and Rastan Saga 2.

One sucky game, you can live with, two is getting rather annoying, any more and you start wondering. Hopefully, there won't be more games of this calibre chosen...
- Barry Rodewald
MARP Assistant Web Maintainer
sikraiken
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by sikraiken »

Hey, Barry, wouldn't Bosconian be such a tragedy!?!!? ;) ;) ;) ;) :P

Oh, and to just quote JD on March 29th 2001, sometime around 16:00-17:00 Eastern Standard Time:

"<jdllama> it's a lot of fun, even for a shooter :)"
jdllama
Button Masher
Button Masher

Post by jdllama »

I will kill you. Mark my words. I will. :)
BBH
Editor

Post by BBH »

I didn't say Phil was doing a bad job with the tournament. And I'm all for seeing the less popular games getting into a tourney, it's usually more interesting than playing Bubble Bobble or Pacman yet again. Only thing is, there's a fine line between obscure games and games that are just plain shit.... Legend of Success Joe falls into the latter category. It's better as a punchline than a game. Of all the fighting games out there to pick from, it's hard to come up with one that's worse.
sikraiken
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by sikraiken »

jdllama wrote:I will kill you. Mark my words. I will. :)
WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

And, not if I kill you first. :) :lol: :twisted: 8)
xanadu71
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by xanadu71 »

Yes, it's a boring game. But that's the challenge.
BBH , are you angry because you can't finish this game ? Others players too?
All the games aren't good. Do you think that ROADBLST enjoy me? I'm sick of this game but i played to make a good score and try to be first. It's the aim of a challenge.
It's good to compare ourselves in a short period of time and not along the year.
Continue Phil, you always have good ideas.
"ALLEZ LA FRANCE"
Frankie
Editor

Post by Frankie »

xanadu71 wrote: It's good to compare ourselves in a short period of time and not along the year.
Yes, but one day would have been better than a whole week on this game. I'm sick of it :-)

Anyway, keep up the good work Phil.

Bye.
mahlemiut
Editor

Post by mahlemiut »

xanadu71 wrote:Yes, it's a boring game. But that's the challenge.
Challenge to stay awake, more like it. :)
- Barry Rodewald
MARP Assistant Web Maintainer
BBH
Editor

Post by BBH »

xanadu71 wrote:Yes, it's a boring game. But that's the challenge.
BBH , are you angry because you can't finish this game ? Others players too?
Are you serious? Are you actually defending Legend of Success Joe? I'm "angry" because it's a shitty game, nuff said. You think I only enjoy playing games I can "finish"?
All the games aren't good. Do you think that ROADBLST enjoy me? I'm sick of this game but i played to make a good score and try to be first. It's the aim of a challenge.
Legendary Wings and Roadblasters are a hundred times better than Legend of Success Joe. Joy Joy Kid was a crap game though.
BBH
Editor

Post by BBH »

on another note... Phil, how are you getting "lives" back? I watched your inp, you take a knockdown on the first guy, then on the second stage you have three lives. Same thing on the second stage, even though you lost a life you get it back for the next stage. What's up with that? Is there some trick to getting back lives you've already lost? I don't understand what's going on.

(note: I'm not referring to when you get a full lifebar back on your current life, I'm talking about getting a bar you've already lost from a knockdown getting filled back up.)
sikraiken
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by sikraiken »

I'm thinking if you have more than half your life bar or still have that full life bar, BBH, that you get another your other life bar refilled.

Let's say, I have two full life bars left, and haven't lost any more energy besides that. I then end up winning the fight with out getting touched, and I gain the 3rd life bar back. Something like that, I believe. :)

Edit - And as the Japanese put this game, it's "A shit on Joe Densetsu", BBH. ;)
Phil Lamat
Regulation Coordinator

Post by Phil Lamat »

Yes Matt : Joe is right ...
Even if you've been knocked down, if you are not hit after that (I mean if you manage to keep the second bar ENTIRE) then you will get all 3 bars for next fight