WCC week 2 - MADGEAR

Week Challenge Championship board

Moderator: NotMan

WCC week 2 - MADGEAR

Postby mahlemiut » Tue Feb 08, 2005 8:35 pm

Since Phil is still having virus issues with his home PC, he's asked me to post the new game for this week.

Mad Gear (US) [madgear] (Capcom, 1989)

Current records:
MARP:
4,777,553 (Chris Parsley)
6,260,938 (H-AML, japanese version)
4,534,509 (gamerya, LED Storm)

Gamest / Arcadia:
8,970,396 (VERKA-N.K, japanese version)
Last edited by mahlemiut on Wed Feb 09, 2005 5:50 am, edited 2 times in total.
- Barry Rodewald
MARP Assistant Web Maintainer
Image
User avatar
mahlemiut
Editor
 
Posts: 4105
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2002 10:05 pm
Location: New Zealand

Postby TRB_MetroidTeam » Tue Feb 08, 2005 8:51 pm

Mahlemiut...
Is good to post the current records, including Gamest ones.
But... which "style" of game is it? Racing?

This round I will try to play BEFORE the last 2 days! ;)
Valter "TRB" - The Real Battle
Metroid Team, from Brazil
Crazy Taxi and Crazy Taxi 2 world champions
User avatar
TRB_MetroidTeam
MARPaholic
MARPaholic
 
Posts: 1050
Joined: Fri Oct 22, 2004 3:50 am
Location: PR - Brazil

Postby TRB_MetroidTeam » Tue Feb 08, 2005 9:05 pm

Hmmm...
Would be better to post the name of the game on the message title, like on WCC4 ("WCC5 week 2 - MADGEAR").
Valter "TRB" - The Real Battle
Metroid Team, from Brazil
Crazy Taxi and Crazy Taxi 2 world champions
User avatar
TRB_MetroidTeam
MARPaholic
MARPaholic
 
Posts: 1050
Joined: Fri Oct 22, 2004 3:50 am
Location: PR - Brazil

Postby mahlemiut » Tue Feb 08, 2005 10:41 pm

It's a top-down racer type thing :) Looks kind of like a faster-paced version of Bump 'n' Jump.
- Barry Rodewald
MARP Assistant Web Maintainer
Image
User avatar
mahlemiut
Editor
 
Posts: 4105
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2002 10:05 pm
Location: New Zealand

Postby destructor » Wed Feb 09, 2005 5:39 am

TRB_MetroidTeam wrote:Hmmm...
Would be better to post the name of the game on the message title, like on WCC4 ("WCC5 week 2 - MADGEAR").

I don't play but I agree with this.

Good to see you TRB :wink:
User avatar
destructor
MARPaholic
MARPaholic
 
Posts: 1966
Joined: Fri Sep 20, 2002 8:38 am
Location: Poland

Postby TRB_MetroidTeam » Wed Feb 09, 2005 6:05 pm

Around 1300000 MADGEAR on my 1st attempt (the unique still now), but not recorded. It is a very odd "racing" style.

Nice to meet you Destructor. Are you playing a lot for TG Bonties???
PS.: I dont know WHEN I will play again that games, like our combination: PASS and ECO FIGHTERS... but I still will... ;)

See you!
Valter "TRB" - The Real Battle
Metroid Team, from Brazil
Crazy Taxi and Crazy Taxi 2 world champions
User avatar
TRB_MetroidTeam
MARPaholic
MARPaholic
 
Posts: 1050
Joined: Fri Oct 22, 2004 3:50 am
Location: PR - Brazil

Postby TRB_MetroidTeam » Wed Feb 09, 2005 6:10 pm

By the way, Destructor... In my opinion would be better if Robert put the name and the nickname of the player in the Bounties announcements... Is a bit odd to see "Rafal Politanski" catching all the Robert money, hehehe ;)

I am not abble to post on TG Board... is possible you contact Robert and suggest to insert name and nickname (to whom wish it, of course). To me it sounds better to know who is Destructor, BBH, Sikraiken, etc. Do you agree?
Valter "TRB" - The Real Battle
Metroid Team, from Brazil
Crazy Taxi and Crazy Taxi 2 world champions
User avatar
TRB_MetroidTeam
MARPaholic
MARPaholic
 
Posts: 1050
Joined: Fri Oct 22, 2004 3:50 am
Location: PR - Brazil

Postby destructor » Wed Feb 09, 2005 7:06 pm

Offtopic:
TRB_MetroidTeam wrote:I am not abble to post on TG Board...

Why?
TRB_MetroidTeam wrote:is possible you contact Robert and suggest to insert name and nickname (to whom wish it, of course). To me it sounds better to know who is Destructor, BBH, Sikraiken, etc. Do you agree?

I agree, I don't like when I see my real name without nick. I will contact with Robert in next week about this.
User avatar
destructor
MARPaholic
MARPaholic
 
Posts: 1966
Joined: Fri Sep 20, 2002 8:38 am
Location: Poland

Postby TRB_MetroidTeam » Wed Feb 09, 2005 7:25 pm

YEp... sorry for the Off-topic, guys...
destructor wrote:Why?

Not only the TG Board, but all the TG site... I tried all (cookies, security options, fire-wall options, antivirus options... and impossible to access this site from my home PC.
Hmmmm... my TG Board account is being changed/edited by Robert at this moment... and I am waiting this solution. :)

destructor wrote:I agree, I don't like when I see my real name without nick. I will contact with Robert in next week about this.

Yes... the same with my "TRB".
Valter "TRB" - The Real Battle
Metroid Team, from Brazil
Crazy Taxi and Crazy Taxi 2 world champions
User avatar
TRB_MetroidTeam
MARPaholic
MARPaholic
 
Posts: 1050
Joined: Fri Oct 22, 2004 3:50 am
Location: PR - Brazil

Postby destructor » Wed Feb 09, 2005 9:29 pm

Schmithy 6mln (ALL CLEAR). Excellent!
User avatar
destructor
MARPaholic
MARPaholic
 
Posts: 1966
Joined: Fri Sep 20, 2002 8:38 am
Location: Poland

Postby DRN » Fri Feb 11, 2005 1:04 pm

TRB_MetroidTeam wrote:In my opinion would be better if Robert put the name and the nickname of the player in the Bounties announcements.


It's a nice idea but don't forget that MARP and Twin Galaxies are two completely separate things. We may like to see our nicknames but they'll mean nothing to people who don't frequent MARP.

I expect that's why Robert uses real names.
Darren
User avatar
DRN
MARP Knight
MARP Knight
 
Posts: 308
Joined: Wed Mar 06, 2002 10:37 am
Location: Somerset, UK

Postby TRB_MetroidTeam » Sat Feb 12, 2005 2:42 pm

DRN wrote:It's a nice idea but don't forget that MARP and Twin Galaxies are two completely separate things. We may like to see our nicknames but they'll mean nothing to people who don't frequent MARP.

I expect that's why Robert uses real names.


I agree, and I know, but I think if a lot of us wish it, Robert will do it. I know so welll the Robert's priorities and thoughs.

See you!
Valter "TRB" - The Real Battle
Metroid Team, from Brazil
Crazy Taxi and Crazy Taxi 2 world champions
User avatar
TRB_MetroidTeam
MARPaholic
MARPaholic
 
Posts: 1050
Joined: Fri Oct 22, 2004 3:50 am
Location: PR - Brazil

Postby TRB_MetroidTeam » Sat Feb 12, 2005 2:44 pm

PS.: I NEED to play this game... still now, only 1.3k on 1st ever attempt. :(
Valter "TRB" - The Real Battle
Metroid Team, from Brazil
Crazy Taxi and Crazy Taxi 2 world champions
User avatar
TRB_MetroidTeam
MARPaholic
MARPaholic
 
Posts: 1050
Joined: Fri Oct 22, 2004 3:50 am
Location: PR - Brazil

Postby sawys » Sat Feb 12, 2005 7:47 pm

TRB_MetroidTeam wrote:YEp... sorry for the Off-topic, guys...
destructor wrote:Why?

Not only the TG Board, but all the TG site... I tried all (cookies, security options, fire-wall options, antivirus options... and impossible to access this site from my home PC.
Hmmmm... my TG Board account is being changed/edited by Robert at this moment... and I am waiting this solution. :)

destructor wrote:I agree, I don't like when I see my real name without nick. I will contact with Robert in next week about this.

Yes... the same with my "TRB".


I have the same problem as you and i wrote a mail to the tg staff but no one answer me since last month :-(
I have the problem since twingalaxies has changed his site cos i suscribe last year.
If you could write to me when your problem would be solved to help me to know the way to access my account.

Thanks.
Sawys is Sébastien GIRAUD, admin of MAMESCORE, member of MARP, TWIN GALAXIES, RETRO UPRISING and ex-member of JVRM :-D
User avatar
sawys
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists
 
Posts: 584
Joined: Wed Apr 14, 2004 9:13 am
Location: France

Postby TRB_MetroidTeam » Sun Feb 13, 2005 6:09 pm

Sawys, ok... I will contact you if no problems.
But once I had the same problem, so I formated PC and the access was ok. Sometime after, the same problem occur.
I have 80Gb HD, and just bought other HD with 160Gb. So I will format PC and I think this problem will be ok.
Valter "TRB" - The Real Battle
Metroid Team, from Brazil
Crazy Taxi and Crazy Taxi 2 world champions
User avatar
TRB_MetroidTeam
MARPaholic
MARPaholic
 
Posts: 1050
Joined: Fri Oct 22, 2004 3:50 am
Location: PR - Brazil

Next

Return to Week Challenge Championship

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests