WCC week 10 : MARVINS

Week Challenge Championship board

Moderator: NotMan

destructor
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by destructor »

Maybe I wrong observe Dax upload? I don't know.
BBH
Editor

Post by BBH »

Daylight Savings Time...

I guess you shouldn't have waited for the last hour yet again!
Buttermaker
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by Buttermaker »

destructor wrote:I check all clocks at home. On MARP is Sat Nov 1 01:03:19 2003 GMT, on my clock is 2:03 8O In Poland is +2 GMT. What this is?
http://wwp.greenwichmeantime.com/time-z ... and+warsaw
destructor
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by destructor »

I wrong observe. I forgot about change time in Poland some days ago.
I check my email. Dax upload score at 23:05 time in Poland.
I upload here my previous score 63800 on wolfmame75.
destructor
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by destructor »

I play to 00:48 MARP time. I want beat 200k :D :D :D

But at last Dax show something interested. On first stage we have almost identical method (I shot to 8 robots). In one of next stages Dax kill robots without shot - very interested.
This round should win Dax and win.
destructor
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by destructor »

BBH wrote:Daylight Savings Time...

I guess you shouldn't have waited for the last hour yet again!
I didn't wait on purpose to last hour in this round. I must change cable in ethernet card to copy files from one computer to second. I thought that I beat 200k and didn't change cable and play and play. When I careful that left about 1/2 hour to end of time and I didn't beat 200k I copy inp and upload. After upload I still play :lol:
Dax
MARP Serf
MARP Serf

Post by Dax »

I uploaded with 2 hours left in round. I checked just after the deadline and no one had beaten my score. Then a half an hour later I see that Des uploaded on Nov 1st. Since the Marp clock is always right Im assuming his submission is DQed. Am I right?

I did use an interesting method to get a good combo on level one but as far as Im aware I didn't use a method to kill all robots without taking a shot. Ill have to look at my input again and see if I can see what you're talking about.
The TJT
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by The TJT »

Don't take personal...but, I HATE moving avatars! :P :roll:
Dax
MARP Serf
MARP Serf

Post by Dax »

The TJT wrote:Don't take personal...but, I HATE moving avatars! :P :roll:
why?
destructor
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by destructor »

Dax wrote:
I did use an interesting method to get a good combo on level one but as far as Im aware I didn't use a method to kill all robots without taking a shot. Ill have to look at my input again and see if I can see what you're talking about.
Do you record your inp? :) Not kill ALL robots without shot but kill robots without shot. :) On stage1 you find good method but you don't know about it? :) Then look my inp with stage1. :)
Phil Lamat
Regulation Coordinator

Post by Phil Lamat »

Ok : round 10 and whole WCC3 over.

This round didn't occure a lot of interest : only 3 players.
Dax takes the 10 pts because of too late Destructor's submission, and he also takes the 2nd place in WCC3 : congrats.

WCC4 will be back next year, and with some adjustments in the rules (for example each round could give first ranking points after 3 days (also rewarded by 10-7-5-3-2-1), then second ranking points at the end of 7th day as usual ... it would avoid last minute submission).
To debate later ....

Thanks to all for playing
Dax
MARP Serf
MARP Serf

Post by Dax »

destructor wrote:
Dax wrote:
Do you record your inp? :) Not kill ALL robots without shot but kill robots without shot. :) On stage1 you find good method but you don't know about it? :) Then look my inp with stage1. :)
Ahh I think you mean by leading them across one of the yellow bridges and having them tumble in? :P I thought you ment all the robots on the level went -poof- As if there was something fishy with my input.
Weehawk
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by Weehawk »

Phil wrote:WCC4 will be back next year, and with some adjustments in the rules (for example each round could give first ranking points after 3 days (also rewarded by 10-7-5-3-2-1), then second ranking points at the end of 7th day as usual ... it would avoid last minute submission).
To debate later ....
How about a single bonus point per day to the highest inp submitted that day. (For a potential total of 7), That would give players some incentive to submit their best recording each day and penalize pretty seriously anyone who waits until the last day to upload anything.
John Cunningham (JTC)
destructor
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by destructor »

Not every has time to play everyday. Not good idea.
The TJT
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by The TJT »

Dax wrote:
The TJT wrote:Don't take personal...but, I HATE moving avatars! :P :roll:
why?
Ouh, makes somehow hard to concentrate on reading. I just find myself looking at the animated gif every now and then. Don't know exactly why...
cat instinct? 8O