WCC3 week 8 : BATTLE GAREGGA (battleg)

Week Challenge Championship board

Moderator: NotMan

DeSangre
Button Masher
Button Masher

Post by DeSangre »

destructor wrote:I lost all ships on stage 3 because 10FPS is to low. I can't control ship smoothly. :(
(
You should really buy a new PC des.
After all a 2.5 Ghz PC should be very cheap by now. You are bound to miss great games this way :(
Good luck with controlling your 10FPS Garegga ship anyway. :wink:
sikraiken
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by sikraiken »

Have you tried turning sound off destructor? That helps a bit as mahlemiut pointed out. Also, you might want to try a slightly older wolfmame/alphamame (if that is allowed?) to try and get a better speed, as well as turning sound off.
QRS
Editor

Post by QRS »

JoeyL21988 wrote:Have you tried turning sound off destructor? That helps a bit as mahlemiut pointed out. Also, you might want to try a slightly older wolfmame/alphamame (if that is allowed?) to try and get a better speed, as well as turning sound off.
From an earlier post by Destructor :)
destructor wrote:Probably I will have 0 points in this round. I have to lower speed (play without sound) on some stages - for example on stage 3 I have speed 70-80%....
QRS
sikraiken
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by sikraiken »

QRS wrote:
JoeyL21988 wrote:Have you tried turning sound off destructor? That helps a bit as mahlemiut pointed out. Also, you might want to try a slightly older wolfmame/alphamame (if that is allowed?) to try and get a better speed, as well as turning sound off.
From an earlier post by Destructor :)
destructor wrote:Probably I will have 0 points in this round. I have to lower speed (play without sound) on some stages - for example on stage 3 I have speed 70-80%....
Oops, must have missed that. :D Thanks for pointing that out. I still advise, if it's alright with Phil, that he try an older alphamame (possibly the oldest one? :) ).
gamerya
Button Masher
Button Masher

Post by gamerya »

Wow...what computer you have Destructor? maybe you can use a friends computer or internet cafe or something...i want to see your awesome score for this game, which i know you will get easily
destructor
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by destructor »

Yes. I know that I must buy new computer. But I don't have money now. In T7 I will play on my computer (Celeron 1000) :(

Battle Garegga.
I have one questions to all. Is this code is correct: [UP] [UP] [DOWN] [DOWN] [LEFT] [RIGHT] [LEFT] [RIGHT] [A] [C] [Start] :?:
I can't use it or I don't know how use it.
I first insert coin, next enter code. Special ships don't show me.
Is there some secret :?:
mahlemiut
Editor

Post by mahlemiut »

Yes, that's correct. It must be input after inserting a coin.
- Barry Rodewald
MARP Assistant Web Maintainer
destructor
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by destructor »

Yes. It's correct code. I know why special ships don't show. In keyboard settings PLAYER2UP was identical with PLAYER1BUTTON3 - key R.
destructor
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by destructor »

Very interesting. With special ships I have 50+FPS and can control ship smoothly on each stage. :idea:
wuzel
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by wuzel »

i tottaly suck :(
i ve played only 5 times due 2 no spare time this week :(
2 more days - maybe i will reach ona mln but dont think so :(
It's good 2 be here with U guys :)
Racerbamf
Button Slapper
Button Slapper

What version of MAME to use?

Post by Racerbamf »

Just a quick question from a newbie.
I've got WolfMAME .75 and as far as I can work out, it's the one to use for recording replays for these weekly tournaments. Is this correct?
I've heard talk of AlphaMAME, but also I've read that development has stopped on it and that WolfMAME is the one to use. I guess I just want to make sure as I don't want to make a recording that no-one will be able to see.
It might also be an idea to have a sticky thread for newbies like me somewhere within the forums to let people know what is the prefered build of MAME to use now that AlphaMAMEs development has stopped.

Any advice/help would be greatly appreciated.

-Bamf
Weehawk
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Re: What version of MAME to use?

Post by Weehawk »

Racerbamf wrote:Just a quick question from a newbie.
I've got WolfMAME .75 and as far as I can work out, it's the one to use for recording replays for these weekly tournaments. Is this correct?
I've heard talk of AlphaMAME, but also I've read that development has stopped on it and that WolfMAME is the one to use. I guess I just want to make sure as I don't want to make a recording that no-one will be able to see.
It might also be an idea to have a sticky thread for newbies like me somewhere within the forums to let people know what is the prefered build of MAME to use now that AlphaMAMEs development has stopped.

Any advice/help would be greatly appreciated.

-Bamf
Welcome to MARP.

According to WCC Rules, wolfmame72 or alphamame70 must be used to record. Use whichever you prefer.

For regular MARP recordings there are no restrictions on what MAME version to use, but the most secure version is alphamame and for any game recordable by version .70 I recommend using alphamame70 (the last version). For games added to MAME more since .70, I would recommend a recent version of wolfmame.
John Cunningham (JTC)
Phil Lamat
Regulation Coordinator

Post by Phil Lamat »

Well ...... Destructor is also a master of shooting !
He also won this round, and with that the whole WCC3

Congrats to you, you are a very very complete player ; and the first to win 3 tournaments in the same year (more than that, 3 different type of tournaments)

Two words : hats off !!

So last 2 rounds can only be util for honorous places, but still remains the pleasure to compete ... I hope you will be several to play last 2 games

And still remains also a record to break : 72 pts / 100 for the final score
(by me on wcc2) ; I'm sure you can improve :)
destructor
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by destructor »

Thanks Phil.
I will play in last 2 rounds but only for fun. I must rest. :wink:
Racerbamf
Button Slapper
Button Slapper

Post by Racerbamf »

Thanks for the welcome and for the advice.
I've now grabbed a copy of AlphaMAME .70 and I have WolfMAME .72 and .75 so I guess now all I have to do is play play and play. :)

-Bamf