WCC3 week 7 : SEL FEENA

Week Challenge Championship board

Moderator: NotMan

wuzel
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by wuzel »

Blost wrote:
mahlemiut wrote: Please demonstrate, as I haven't seen any leeching in this game yet.
Well MDARULZ inp for example is, but not in the WCC.

And stop taking things personally Wuzel, it's not the case really.
4 me its only maximazing but ...as i said no more talking just playing
It's good 2 be here with U guys :)
destructor
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by destructor »

http://marp.retrogames.com/inp/d/9/5/qq ... wolf72.zip

mahlemiut description: [Pushing the leeching just a bit, aren't we? -br].

Is it leeching :?:
I think no. Why? Because if you play long on one stage and red time is 0 then after 5-10 sec monsters disappears from stage and you go to next stage. You don't must kill all monsters. :wink:
Dax
MARP Serf
MARP Serf

Post by Dax »

Just want to clarify a few things.

1. This is a competition right?
2. The goal of said competition is to get 1st place right?
3. To get 1st place you need the most points right?

Assuming the above are true statements its only logical that players are gonna try and maximize points anywhere they can. Its not like we are gonna say "Oh 1st place is 4 million, well Ill just speed right through each level like a robot ignoring every possible point in the game, because otherwise that would be leeching. And I don't wanna be singled out as a leecher right?!?!?!?!"

I think Wuz may have hit onto something. Starting to get a little silly with all the leech pointing arround here. Its a replay board not a high score board right? So why even use points and have a leaderboard and award 1st places then? Just abolish all that stupid "FUN" stuff and just have a plain ole replay board with nothing to shoot for. Sounds boring doesn't it?

My definition of leeching is finding a spot where you can indefinately load up on points with no (0%) risk of losing a life. Marp definition--"You cannot continuously gain points without some degree of risk" So to me if there is some degree of risk it can't be outright leeching. And in this game there is a time limit so you can't CONTINUOUSLY gain points.

Leeching is bad, but no one likes a tattletale. How about easing your panties a bit ladies on the leeching issue.

Thank you destructor.
mahlemiut
Editor

Post by mahlemiut »

Ah, okay, didn't realise the stage ended after the time ran down for the third time.
- Barry Rodewald
MARP Assistant Web Maintainer
QRS
Editor

Post by QRS »

Dax:No one has ever said anything about getting much points for a stage. The thing is that the last few monhts it seems that people are just trying to find leeching spots in every game, and don´t care about the rest. I mean in general, not a certain person. That is the thing that bothers me. Not that someone is maximizing a stage etc. That is not leeching. Especially not when there is a timer.

That´s my point.
QRS
LN2
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by LN2 »

Yes, it's leeching...however is it ridiculous leeching to a point any of it should be banned? I don't think so.

You are just maximizing the points you can get each stage. There is still a limit on what you can get each stage. There is risk involved in prolonging a stage. It's not like most leeching that is banned here where it takes little to no skill to leech the crap out of a game never advancing the stages.

In that regard it's not much different than a game like pac-man where you want to eat all the monsters on each energizer on the early boards plus eat all the fruit.

It's like in dig-dug grouping the "monsters" for getting many with a rock....or koaxing them down to the bottom to get an extra 200 or so blowing them up versus doing it when you could have near the top of the screen.

...or something QRS would like....taking a few extra seconds to break every block in sight in Camel Try....hehe It's all part of the game.
wuzel
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by wuzel »

Dax wrote:Just want to clarify a few things.

1. This is a competition right?
2. The goal of said competition is to get 1st place right?
3. To get 1st place you need the most points right?

Assuming the above are true statements its only logical that players are gonna try and maximize points anywhere they can. Its not like we are gonna say "Oh 1st place is 4 million, well Ill just speed right through each level like a robot ignoring every possible point in the game, because otherwise that would be leeching. And I don't wanna be singled out as a leecher right?!?!?!?!"

I think Wuz may have hit onto something. Starting to get a little silly with all the leech pointing arround here. Its a replay board not a high score board right? So why even use points and have a leaderboard and award 1st places then? Just abolish all that stupid "FUN" stuff and just have a plain ole replay board with nothing to shoot for. Sounds boring doesn't it?

My definition of leeching is finding a spot where you can indefinately load up on points with no (0%) risk of losing a life. Marp definition--"You cannot continuously gain points without some degree of risk" So to me if there is some degree of risk it can't be outright leeching. And in this game there is a time limit so you can't CONTINUOUSLY gain points.

Leeching is bad, but no one likes a tattletale. How about easing your panties a bit ladies on the leeching issue.

Thank you destructor.
DAMN!!!! another person on my side :)
you absolutely right - leeching is bad. leeching is boring, leechin ofcurse but making your score higher and higher is fun and u need skill 2 do it
endless leeching at some games should be banned - no doubt
but like in this game or 4 example my inps at trojan - yes i do the "leeching" at stage 4 but hey - u see me doing it??? thare are bombs everywhere and enemies are walking at my path - is this enough risk???
sometimes when i see descriptions like 4 OMegarace - corrner leeching i angry and sad - its maybe a trick maybe u can call it doonow different method but hey why everything must be a leeching???
i think that doing this game on one credit without worrided about points is very possible (hey des why dont u try - u are very close 2 it) but making far stage and points this is what i call a challenge and this is WCC where the first C is for challenge :)
but theres is only my opinnion
thx dax 4 your comment
PS: wonder what is your actual score :)
GOOD LUCK 2 all the players
Phil Lamat
Regulation Coordinator

Post by Phil Lamat »

wuzel wrote: when i see descriptions like 4 OMegarace - corrner leeching i angry and sad - its maybe a trick maybe u can call it doonow different method but hey why everything must be a leeching???
Your description box on omegrace says "corner technic used", not corner leeching ; who said parano :) ?
wuzel
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by wuzel »

QRS wrote:Dax:No one has ever said anything about getting much points for a stage. The thing is that the last few monhts it seems that people are just trying to find leeching spots in every game, and don´t care about the rest. I mean in general, not a certain person. That is the thing that bothers me. Not that someone is maximizing a stage etc. That is not leeching. Especially not when there is a timer.

That´s my point.
hey qrs u almost right but people dont try 2 find a leeching place but (especialy me and especially in this or another tournament) how 2 get the most from each stage --isnt it different???? 4 me it is.
when u have only a week of playing (4 me its only about 2-3 days when im able 2 play maybe a limit numer of times) its a good idea 2 look what u can do 2 earn more points than other players.
like in uballoon - making 2 last stage was difficult but when I found that u can earn points when destroying enemies one by one using farts it was very ql 2 find a place 2 do it in each stage 2 where i was able 2 get at one credit
okey end of story
lets play :)
wuzel
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by wuzel »

Phil Lamat wrote:
wuzel wrote: when i see descriptions like 4 OMegarace - corrner leeching i angry and sad - its maybe a trick maybe u can call it doonow different method but hey why everything must be a leeching???
Your description box on omegrace says "corner technic used", not corner leeching ; who said parano :) ?
u right about regular marp inp but this is from K3 entry:
POLISH TECHNOLOGY AND IDEA made in HotTeam.pl
[ seems to involve leeching points by hiding in the corner of the screen -- ZwaX ] {how can u do a leeching in a game when u have a concret number of enemies 2 destroy :( its simple a way 2 survive :) not a leeching :)} [I agree : this is not leeching, just a technic which makes the game more secure but less fun ... was it indispensable to use it since the very first level ? -- PhL] [no it wasnt :) but u have 2 train this technigue froem the early beginning :)
wuzel
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by wuzel »

Blost wrote:You should already be prepared to rank by level/score as this game is a potential leechfest.
when i saw this post i said 2 myself damn - how can u do leeching there??? but i said no comments only a suggestion that stages/score idea isnt good
and another idea was "this tournament become paranoic" :(
phil selects only a possible leeching involved games - i think only blockout was free of leeching but who knows :)
even making perfects at mutant figther someone like BLost can call a leeching becasue what 4 running around the pill at stage 2 instead of simply and quick throwing the enemy 4 a few times
GOOD LUCK blost and wish u could do it
and btw: why cant u just use a leeching technique and beat destructors score out of the first place??? - sorry it wasnt nice but im a little bit nervous about this leeching situation
end of my stupid comments
Blost
MARP Serf
MARP Serf

Post by Blost »

wuzel wrote: 4 me its only maximazing but ...as i said no more talking just playing
For a guy who don't talk you make a shitload of posts.
wuzel
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by wuzel »

Blost wrote:
wuzel wrote: 4 me its only maximazing but ...as i said no more talking just playing
For a guy who don't talk you make a shitload of posts.
is there a problem B???
i said no more talking about stage or scores system and leeching in this games
nowa i m talking only 4 genral
Blost
MARP Serf
MARP Serf

Post by Blost »

wuzel wrote: is there a problem B???
i said no more talking about stage or scores system and leeching in this games
nowa i m talking only 4 genral
Well as far as i'm concerned no, but YOU always seem to take things personnally.
I've never said anything against you, only in general.
Hey i'm talking 4 general too 8)
wuzel
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by wuzel »

managed 2 post sth :(
but it was a har job :)
going 2 bed
dont have enough strenght 2 wait till 00:00
and u cant be sure that u will know next game even ig u wait :)
it was very ql game which gave a win in whole tournament 2 DESTRUCTOR :)
congrats bro :)impressive performance :)
keep it that way
and 1 more thing!!!!! guys the competition isnt over yet :) there is still place 2 and 3 ;)
LETS PLAY AND HAVE FUN :)