WCC3 week 2 : FASTLANE

Week Challenge Championship board

Moderator: NotMan

destructor
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by destructor »

Zteuer wrote:I have a pattern for 17 wich is the same as in your submitted inp. I can't do it consistently though because it is related to the speed of the blue cars. I also have a pattern for 19 (with speed issues), and I have completed 20 once. I haven't done 19 and 20 in an inp so far though, and time is running out...
I have patterns for all stages. But in inp (i don't submit it) I lost in last stage. But it's not end. Today I want finish all stages and start second loop. :wink:
Zteuer
Button Masher
Button Masher

Post by Zteuer »

Yours for the taking
Dax
MARP Serf
MARP Serf

Post by Dax »

You sneaky bum destructor :evil: .

So youve just been hoarding those awesome inp's all this time. I thought about doing that so people wouldn't use my patterns but decided against it considering the 24 hr upload rule. Guess I just wasn't confident enough that I could better my score secretly and submit a killer inp on last day.

As for me I got a feeling my last upload will be just that, as Im totally burnt on this game now(cmon friday!!) and round 17 seems to have my number. Let the chips fall where they may. Goodluck everyone.

Well....maybe one more try........
Phil Lamat
Regulation Coordinator

Post by Phil Lamat »

Dax wrote:I think a lot of this discussion is on how to judge the scoring for this game in the future, not for this week, which has already been set by Phil.
exactly ; it was evident for me, and i didn't read all your posts since my last (as qrs said, i'm busy with my children)

Still stage number, then scoring
destructor
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by destructor »

I record my first inp to last stage today (friday) 1:20am Polish time. I don't hold my inps. I don't submit it because I know that I can make better score. I use own patterns. I only inform about my score for this time:
stage 25 score 446160.

BTW. Look last Knockout tournament and patterns for PacMania.
Last edited by destructor on Fri Sep 05, 2003 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wuzel
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by wuzel »

QRS wrote:
destructor wrote:Tommorow last day round 2 and anybody don't know what scoring system will be. No sense.
I play, play and what? I will defeated because I play for stages (for example) and at end friday I get to know that points are more important than stages?
Time to decision. What scoring system will be for fastlane. I think that Phil should this write here and now.
I guess this post was the reason I posted my suggestion at all. It just felt people was confused and no one had even discussed what I was going to suggest. Hence my (maybe too) radical suggestion :)

ohh btw, no offense taken DAX :)
this post was a reply 2 mine that if we declar no leeching inps so why not count points instead of stages
personally i thought that this rule is 2 obey leeching but after clean games declaration we could agree that points are back in favour :)
sorry for this mess i ve made but i think that stages in this game is not good solution - do a stage with 5k is less ql 4 me then with 10k :(
sorry thats only my opinion
btw: i m at stage 18 but cant take it all together so i have nothing 2 post
same story i got with pacmania (HEY QRS :) ) - i still havent hide my inps - u can trust me or not :(
i got an inp for 300k with sth but the stage i ve reached is 16 :(
It's good 2 be here with U guys :)
wuzel
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by wuzel »

Dax wrote:You sneaky bum destructor :evil: .

So youve just been hoarding those awesome inp's all this time. I thought about doing that so people wouldn't use my patterns but decided against it considering the 24 hr upload rule. Guess I just wasn't confident enough that I could better my score secretly and submit a killer inp on last day.

As for me I got a feeling my last upload will be just that, as Im totally burnt on this game now(cmon friday!!) and round 17 seems to have my number. Let the chips fall where they may. Goodluck everyone.

Well....maybe one more try........
i (same as des) got patterns for stages 2 i think stage 19 but its just single stages not in one inp so i dont have anything 2 post it :(
and its different when u got a single stage and when u reached it u discovered that this or that cra shouldnt be here at this time and BUM whole system is down due 2 somekind of fastened of this game :(

good luck des and other players :)
for me the stage 20 is too far away at this point - i dont have much time 2 play this game :( sorry 4 me :(
destructor
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by destructor »

:) Nanni forgot write in description "3". Write only "WCC". :wink:
exs
Button Slapper
Button Slapper

Cant post recording

Post by exs »

I've tried it for over an hour and its close to deadline and I gotta run, so I'll try uploading it here instead as others have done.

Score was 339620 at stage 17
exs
Button Slapper
Button Slapper

correction

Post by exs »

Managed to upload finally and doublechecked and it was actually stage 18 I got to. Got lucky my first time through 17.
cosumel
Button Masher
Button Masher

continuing uploading problems

Post by cosumel »

I can now get three different errors on three consecutive attempts. This deserves a round of applause. I can the same generic error about an error in the script, but now I can get an error that marp could not unzip the file, and I can also get an error that marp cannot find the file at that address. Mind you that this is posting from webspoace, not uploading. I'm starting to wonder if I am ever going to be able to post another score without flying to Zwaxy's house and handing him a disk.
Ray
"You can tell whether a man is clever by his answers.
You can tell whether a man is wise by his questions." - Naguib Mahfouz
wuzel
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by wuzel »

i got a problem :(
my new score is better in stages but worst in score and i cant upload it :(

WCC3_Lv18_358760
Phil Lamat
Regulation Coordinator

Post by Phil Lamat »

End of week 2 ; round 18 was a requirment to be in the top 6.
Very impressive fight : Enas Yorl who was 1st 6 days ago is now 9th !!

Final week 2 rankings are :
Destructor ........ (27) 492600
Zteuer .............. (19) 414160
Dax .................. (19) 355640
Wuzel ............... (18 ) 358760
Nanni ................ (18 ) 345760
Exs .................... (18 ) 339620
wuzel
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by wuzel »

Phil Lamat wrote:End of week 2 ; round 18 was a requirment to be in the top 6.
Very impressive fight : Enas Yorl who was 1st 6 days ago is now 9th !!

Final week 2 rankings are :
Destructor ........ (27) 492600
Zteuer .............. (19) 414160
Dax .................. (19) 355640
Wuzel ............... (18 ) 358760
Nanni ................ (18 ) 345760
Exs .................... (18 ) 339620
heh its with almost every tournament game - there is almost every time a new leader :)
if it wasnt be the stages my score (without leeching) could be even better :)

ql game it was
thumb238
Button Slapper
Button Slapper

Response

Post by thumb238 »

What do they want from us?:o)
I am a spammer!