"From" the eyes of Krogman. :)

Archive of the old message board

Moderator: Chad

Stephen Krogman

"From" the eyes of Krogman. :)

Post by Stephen Krogman »

It would be really interesting to actually watch someone achieve a speed of 1500cm or higher on TF. I know that there was only 1 guy that legitimately can alternate his fingers in an ungodly manner. His name was Kelly and he has the world record of 95K and change. I myself have played many games with a joystick as a substitute for the buttons which I don't think is a method of cheating because it requires pursise timing otherwise it's no different in fact worse then using the buttons. My best score is around 93K and change and came close to 1500cm but never maxed it out or went over. A few friends of mine (Billy Mitchell-DK champ and a friend of his) back in the days hooked up a computer generated pulse to the buttons and was achieving speeds not to much higher then what that guy was getting. On some events, the computer did some ungodly results, like the high jump where they had the hight up to somewhere around 4.50 meters. You basically could jump between the bar and a space that formed once you reached hights above 2:52. If the inp is legit, then hats off to that guy who did it. So far, he has the 2nd highest score recorded in the world that I know of. Regards, SMK

--
skrogman@concentric.net
BeeJay

What about auto-fire joysticks on shoot-em-ups ?!

Post by BeeJay »

At least one person has been honest enough to comment they used one in their inp file for starforce:
<p>

"I had the game of my life on this one. Easiest difficulty. 5 lives I even got the hidden 1 million point Cleopatra. I made it to Level 20 I used a Nintendo NES Advantage Joystick with a convertor for turbo fire."

<p>

My personal opinion is that no form of auto-fire should be allowed to be used as this was not an option in the arcades. Of course there is no easy way to tell other than a feeling that its a humanly impossible shot-rate. Ok, so some people did produce rapidly vibrating do-dahs to hold over their fire button in the arcades but this still has to be considered cheating in my books.

<p>

Cheers,
BeeJay.

<p>

PS: Did anyone else at MARP modify an electronic cigarette lighter such that the electrical spark came out a wire shoved down the lighter mechanism ?! I used to have one of these and it would trigger a "credit" if you sparked the coin slot with it. It also produced the unfortunate effect of inverting the screen on Galaga making for an interesting game. ;-))

<p>

PPS: I now with the knowledge of experience hate to think what this was doing to my beloved games but at the time it was one way to improve your scores without chewing through too much money. Don't get me wrong though, I have spent in the vicinity of $15000 to $20000 on arcade games over the years.

--
bjohnstone@cardinal.co.nz
Krool

nothing but a stick and buttons

Post by Krool »

no autos, no cheats, no extras...just the joystick (mouse/wheel/paddle) and the necessary buttons...NO CONTINUES<p>

someone said to me that my 1943 replays used autofires...hahahaha...i could push a fire button on that game for FOREVER!!! i need a prog to tell me how fast i can press it...make a graph thingy too to show output and stuff...techy specs...

<p>

and as for money spent on arcades ?

<p>

well...its more than i should have ^_^ maybe ? back in teh days, i remember when $1 would last me all afternoon!!!
um, when i was sorta employed many years later...me and a friend used to hire machines out for weekends...mk2 was the most popular for us...we spent like over $1300 on that alone...including hiring...we hired alot of the big names...but overall i couldnt put a price on all my arcade money spending...well over $20000 tho...thats more money than id like to have spent!

<p>

jsw - twenny ? penga ? same thing :)

<p>

Krool

--
kellyq@ihug.co.nz
Dith

4.50m high jump?

Post by Dith »

Woah, that must have been amazing to see that, do you know what kind of times they were getting in the 100m or what speed in the long jump.
<p>

Just another point on Phil Lamat's score, his skill and knowledge of the game were not that impressive in his recording. Most of that high score comes from pure speed, I reckon with a few hints and tips he could get over 100k. For example I think he only does about a 2.45 in the high jump, with mega speed he should be able to easily do over 2.55 which would earn extra 6000 points. Nobody have his email address so we can question him on it?

--
dith@europress.co.uk
XxXdevilXxX

Post by XxXdevilXxX »

HI ALL JUST SAW THIS KOOL SITE WELL IM FROM UK ENGLAND AND ME AND MY
FRIEND WANT TO KNOW HOW TO MAKE THIS DEVICE AGES AGO WHEN WE STUDENTS
WE HAD A FRIEND HE USED TO MAKE A DEVICE CALLED A CLOCKER WHAT IT
WAS, WAS BASICALLY A COIN ATTACHED TO A GREEN KINDA WIRE AND HE WOULD
PUT THE COIN IN THE INSERT AND BASICALY PULL THE COIN BACK OUT AND
REAPET THE PROCESS TO GET LIKE 100 CREDITS IF HE WANTED I WANT TO
KNOW HOW TO GET FREE CREDITS ON ARCADE MACHINES EG LIKE STREET
FIGHTER AND STUFF SOME ONE PLEASE EMAIL ME A DEVICE MAKING
DISCRIPTION OR DEVICE MAKING PLAN PLEASE !! OR TELL ME A WAY THAT
WORKS HERES MY EMAIL AGAIN smakaveli@hotmail.com THANX !!!

--
smakaveli@hotmail.com
AL

Post by AL »

Err...wouldn't it be easier to use MAME ? A hell of a lot of free
credits available there.....

<p>

<p>

AL

--
alexweir@indigo.ie