New guy in trouble

Archive of the old message board

Moderator: Chad

Castagnasso German

New guy in trouble

Post by Castagnasso German »

Hi:
I'm new on this Site but when I found it I love it!
First at all, I'm from Argentina so please be patient with my English...
I have a question: I downloaded a lot of .inp files but when I playback some of them doesn't work
And worst, sometimes my own recordings doesn't work either!!! I'll submit all my .inp anyway so you can tell me if you figure what happening.
I also download all the Mame's versions to playback the files with the same version as they were recorded but it didn't work
I 've been reading all the mails here but none seems to have the same problem.
What am I doing wrong?, please help me!!!!!
Since I have much more time now, I promise to visit you more frequently and fight for the Top 5 !!!!!

<p>

Thanks a lot !!
German Krol

--
German_Castagnasso@rocketmail.com
JoustGod

Welcome to MARP (that's MAME Action Replay Page)

Post by JoustGod »

Welcome aboard, German Krol!
<p>

I've also experienced some playback problems with a few games. You need to tell us exactly which games are giving you problems. The ones for me so far have been Safari, Invinco DeepScan & Invinco HeadOn 2.
Top 5, eh? You better be prepared for many nights of frustration and agony because it ain't easy...we've got some awesome players here as you'll soon find out! ;) Anyway, welcome and good luck.

<p>

JoustGod

--
pinballwiz1@msn.com
Angry

MAME Recording problems...

Post by Angry »

Seeing that most of your original recordings were made with the Windows version of m33b6, I believe that the problem you are having does have a fairly simple solution.
<p>

Since m33b6 was the first version of Mame32 that supported INP files, the programmers did not yet implement the feature where Mame ignores the .hi score files whenever an INP is recorded or played back. Many games base some of their random variables on the existing high score table, among many other things. In most cases, if you delete the .hi file for the game you are recording (before you play), as well as before you playback any file for the same game, the INP file will work.

<p>

I have had some luck getting recordings made in Mame32 to work properly in DosMame, however, some games just WILL NOT playback correctly (specifically, Atari System 1 games, i.e., Roadrunner). I have since switched to using DosMame exclusively, as it seems to be the standard used on MAME Action Replay.

<p>

I hope this helps,

<p>

Angry

--
greggg@ix.netcom.com
BeeJay

Another welcome and helping hand...

Post by BeeJay »

Hey hey German Krol,
<p>

Welcome to the challenge for the top 5... One of these days soon I'll get back into the recording as well and get back into the top 5.

<p>

As Angry and JG (thats JoustGod) have rightly said there are some incompatibilities between the Mame32 (Windows) version and the DOS version. Your best bet is to replay with the correct version of Mame and without and hi files for that game present either. Actually some earlier versions of Mame require your cfg file to not be present either. Likewise when recording the games you should rename your hi file prior to starting. Of course again if you're using an earlier version of Mame you may want to rename your cfg file as well.

<p>

The easiest way to do this is to get a copy of the record/playback batch files off MARP and adjust them to suit your requirements.

--
bjohnstone@cardinal.co.nz