ddsom - Manuel Nebot - 2,497,620

Discussion of playback questions / problems. Any recording where people have playback problems should appear here.

Moderator: Chad

kranser
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

ddsom - Manuel Nebot - 2,497,620

Post by kranser »

I can't get this recording to playback using mame.exe either sound/nosound. 1 credit is shown, then a two minute pause, then game starts and plays to 51sp, 2700 xp.

Can anyone else get this to play back ok? If so which version of mame should I use.

Kranser.
Chad
Tournament Coordinator

Post by Chad »

you might have to use mame32.exe instead since it's a win60 mame recording. I'll try to playback this one later tonight when i'm close to my beloved mame computer.

oh and remember to include the url (just right click, copy short cut (url), and past into message) next time. thanks!

http://marp.retrogames.com/inp/mna_ddso ... _win60.zip

(some of us can't use the links but i know at least some of us can, if the link doesn't work all you need to do is copy the link and paste it to a new IE window (NOT the window that this forum creates for you) and it should work.)
-skito
Chad
Tournament Coordinator

Post by Chad »

This appears to be a clear case of NVRAM violation and from the looks of it it looks to be unplaybackable even with a default nv file. even with mame32 the same thing happens if you properly remove the nvram file (starts with fighter after waiting a while after credit has been pressed), a default nvram file will start with the magic user and do none the less better although end the game quicker.
-skito
mahlemiut
Editor

Post by mahlemiut »

Yes, definitely did not use default settings.
- Barry Rodewald
MARP Assistant Web Maintainer