kikikai

Discussion of playback questions / problems. Any recording where people have playback problems should appear here.

Moderator: Chad

Chad
Tournament Coordinator

kikikai

Post by Chad »

http://marp.retrogames.com/inp/miy_kiki ... _win55.zip

anyone anyluck? barry what version did you use to get qrs to playback and any special things no sound? i can't even get qrs' to playback... tried removing hiscore.dat qrs' always dies at 12k and miy's always dies at 70k...
-skito
mahlemiut
Editor

Post by mahlemiut »

I just played it back like I normally do. No problems at all with the Win32 CLI version. I may have switched on fskip 0, but I don't know if that will make any difference.

EDIT: Miyuu's recording plays back perfectly fine (sorta, many graphical glitches due to protection). 210,550 is indeed what it plays back to (scene 6). Used MAME 0.55 Win32 CLI version.
- Barry Rodewald
MARP Assistant Web Maintainer
Chad
Tournament Coordinator

Post by Chad »

hmm i just tried to play this back with a default kikikai.cfg file (my script always removes the cfg file unless i tell it to keep it) and both of these played back to advertised scores.... then of course i go to play them back with cfg files removed they STILL playback. ugh, there is a random problem here somewhere.... but i don't know what it is yet.

barry, (or anyone), can you try these two again whilst removing the kikikai.cfg file, just out of curiousity if these don't playback for you once in a while, thanks.
-skito
mahlemiut
Editor

Post by mahlemiut »

I did play it back without a .cfg in the place. My script does that for me.
- Barry Rodewald
Chad
Tournament Coordinator

Post by Chad »

freaky
-skito
mahlemiut
Editor

Post by mahlemiut »

As freaky as this screenshot? (shows the score it played back to as well)

- Barry Rodewald
sikraiken
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by sikraiken »

Similar to what happened to me when I played the game before. I got like 600K and infinite (?) lives. I have an INP somewhere, actually. :) This of course occured when the game wasn't working "properly".

Edit - Here's the link: http://www.geocities.com/joeyl21988/kikikai.zip

It just completely freezes when I have 72 lives left on Scene 253. It skips from Scene 1 to 252. mame.cfg is included, just incase. :) MAME DOS .36
Kale
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by Kale »

Just delete the old .inp files.The gameplay is quite glitched before .60(I remember that I've reached 10m by just leeching on the first part on about 3 minutes...)
mahlemiut
Editor

Post by mahlemiut »

http://marp.retrogames.com/inp/bbh_kiki ... mame60.zip

BBH's recording won't playback for me. It loses sync reasonably early in stage 1. Maybe it's a difference between DOS and Win32 versions, I'll actually try the DOS version when I can be bothered to compile one.
- Barry Rodewald
BBH
Editor

Post by BBH »

mahlemiut wrote:http://marp.retrogames.com/inp/bbh_kiki ... mame60.zip

BBH's recording won't playback for me. It loses sync reasonably early in stage 1. Maybe it's a difference between DOS and Win32 versions, I'll actually try the DOS version when I can be bothered to compile one.
Yeah, it was recorded with DOS. Playback works fine with it with either sound on or off using the DOS version.