Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom (set 2)

Discussion of playback questions / problems. Any recording where people have playback problems should appear here.

Moderator: Chad

mahlemiut
Editor

Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom (set 2)

Post by mahlemiut »

http://marp.retrogames.com/inp/ra_indyt ... mame56.zip

To me, this looks like NVRAM was used, as no credits appear before pushing start (shows 'insufficient credits' message). It starts up without NVRAM, but fails early into the first stage. I've tried Win32 console version 0.56, and XMAME 0.55.1 and 0.59.1, all give the same results. I don't have the time at the moment to try the DOS version.
- Barry Rodewald
MARP Assistant Web Maintainer
Frankie
Editor

Post by Frankie »

I was wondering what is the allowed number of lives to use in this game 3 or 7?

Bye.
mahlemiut
Editor

Post by mahlemiut »

I would assume 3, as I think that 7 lives requires 2 credits.
- Barry Rodewald
mahlemiut
Editor

Post by mahlemiut »

http://marp.retrogames.com/inp/ra_indyt ... mame56.zip

Let's add this set 1 recording to it too. Same problem as before, but now I've tried the DOS version, and it too gives the same results.

Also note that coins cannot be inserted with sound disabled, so that won't work.
- Barry Rodewald
DRN
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by DRN »

I think it maybe the same with all Atari system I and II roms. I dont think its really possible to playback any recording with the latest mame version. I know some have been confirmed in the past but that using a really old mame beta from a couple of years ago.
I have tried and failed to record apb, paperboy, 720 and Indiana Jones. And it's true what mahlemiut says, recording with no sound wont let you insert a coin!
mahlemiut
Editor

Post by mahlemiut »

That's because the sound CPU (6502, if I remember right) handles the coin inputs too. When MAME runs with sound disabled, it doesn't emulate any CPU marked as a sound CPU.

Anyway, one of his inps does playback correctly, but requires default NVRAM. So I figure that either he's played it a lot, assuming that high scores are saved to NVRAM (not sure there), or he didn't use default settings. Or both, I guess.
- Barry Rodewald