Thunderforce AC

Discussion of playback questions / problems. Any recording where people have playback problems should appear here.

Moderator: Chad

mahlemiut
Editor

Thunderforce AC

Post by mahlemiut »

http://marp.retrogames.com/inp/mickey_t ... _win57.zip

Won't playback with or without sound under MAME 0.57 (Win32 console). Loses sync around stage 4.

Tried with default NVRAM, worked better, but still lost sync on stage 7.

I guess that it's likely that NVRAM (default or otherwise) was used here.

Which reminds me, I think some of the other tfrceac and tfrceacj inps don't playback either. It's been quite awhile since I last looked through them. Some definitely do work though.
- Barry Rodewald
MARP Assistant Web Maintainer
Chad
Tournament Coordinator

Post by Chad »

no playback with mame57w but i did get to stage 7 with out a problem with out nvram. got to 750k ish with or without nvram with sound, with out sound doesn't get passed 250k. i noticed that i didn't save a mame32_57 version.

in mame32_59 i got it to playback to 600k ish. with out sound it loops forever at the end of stage1.

note i was able to playback mgm's 2M recording perfectly with m37b12f with sound and no nvram.
-skito
mahlemiut
Editor

Post by mahlemiut »

Game Guru has confirmed it now. I wonder how he played it back?
- Barry Rodewald
Chad
Tournament Coordinator

Post by Chad »

hiscore.dat ? well i tried the frankie highscore.dat and mame57w and i still couldn't get passed stage 7, please game guru do tell. so far the count is one person could get it to playback other than the uploader and one person who can't get it to playback who's used the origonal mame recorded with (win57 barry).
-skito
mahlemiut
Editor

Post by mahlemiut »

Nope, having hiscore.dat present with or without a corresponding .hi file makes no difference. MAME doesn't use the .hi file at all.
- Barry Rodewald
mahlemiut
Editor

Post by mahlemiut »

Ok, Mickey's more recent upload plays back fine to the advertised score. Go figure.

http://marp.retrogames.com/inp/mickey_t ... mame59.zip
- Barry Rodewald
gameguru
Button Masher
Button Masher

DOH!

Post by gameguru »

Confirmed the bloody wrong recording!

Sorry!

Can we un-confirm it?

GG :oops:
Chad
Tournament Coordinator

Post by Chad »

thanks for 0wning up and 4dmiting! :) there's no easy way to unconfirm (i think the only way is to look up the database, but i think we're alright because mickey uploaded over that last one.

There is a marp bug/feature where if confirmed recordings are uploaded over (i.e. joe records a ascore of 1 and is confirmed and then they upload another recording of score 2, the state of the confirmed upload 1 recording is nullified, thus if you deleted score 2 you'd still have score 1 left unconfirmed.) It would be nice for overwritten recordings to preserve their confirmed orange state, however the confirmed log can be browsed for confirmed state if it is inquestion.
-skito
mahlemiut
Editor

Post by mahlemiut »

Editing the score will unconfirm it.
- Barry Rodewald