NAM-1975

Discussion of playback questions / problems. Any recording where people have playback problems should appear here.

Moderator: Chad

BBH
Editor

Post by BBH »

Chad wrote: this the response you're looking for?

891700 confirmed, played it back twice one with fs0 no throttling, another time iwth fs0 with throttling. i'll bet the earlier version of mame took a NON RTC seed or a seed based on user inp (so when it playsback it can regereate the dangseed. huuh huh, he sayd seeed, huh huh.)
I was just hoping for a yes or no answer, preferably yes. :D thanks a lot, this is good news. maybe turning sound on affects a random seed somehow. Now to just get a game where they give me all 4 random bosses on a recording with sound off...
mahlemiut
Editor

Post by mahlemiut »

I've already added that Neo Geo RTC code to my 'TG' MAME build. Hopefully, one day I will finish it. :wink:
- Barry Rodewald
MARP Assistant Web Maintainer
Kale
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by Kale »

Chad wrote:kale, can you mail me your patch you sent to mamedev? i'll bet if it is forces all neogeo mame games to use a constant seed they won't allow it, unless it's connected to a user option to turn off or on.
Note A: There is usually a lateness between submitions and the news being added in the WIP(i.e. Block Gal driver was submitted on the 5th april 2002 and being noted on the 9th),so I'm still waiting for that being noted...

Note B: The submitted inp has already an user option;if you say:"use record or playback option,set time to zero,otherwise set time as the current time of the PC".Also,I didn't removed the clock when you use inps.The clock still goes forward when you play,so the seed is safe...

Check the E-mail for the file...
Chad
Tournament Coordinator

Post by Chad »

thanks kale, code looks good dont need an option if it's only going when recording or playing back. although a patch "diff" of the source might be more apropriate than a full source code c file.

-skito
Kale
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by Kale »

If you use a diff for a submission ,it's afaik harder that will be added into next MAME,especially if another file (with different code changes)was submitted before that by somebody else...
Chad
Tournament Coordinator

Post by Chad »

so then what happens when two people submit two neogeo.c files, you think the mame team wants to try and figure out what changes were made in the two submited neogeo.c files? It's MUCH easier patching with diff files, since there is actually a program that applies diff file patches automatically, and it will fail (and more importantily it will tell you automatically) when two patches modify the same piece of code in a file. then again this is a windows development environment maybe they don't know "diff -c" and "patch -p1".
-skito
mahlemiut
Editor

Post by mahlemiut »

For both the submissions I made for 0.58 (Jail Break and Marvel vs. Capcom), I just sent the affected source files, with comments at the bits changed. Not that either where exactly big changes or anything, but still. :)
- Barry Rodewald
MARP Assistant Web Maintainer
Kale
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by Kale »

Ah,I forgot that playback-record issues doesn't appear in Wip pages...