playback problems with sbbros konami88 ssideki3 contcirc

Discussion of playback questions / problems. Any recording where people have playback problems should appear here.

Moderator: Chad

Chad
Tournament Coordinator

playback problems with sbbros konami88 ssideki3 contcirc

Post by Chad »

Kale had problems with playing these back. please try to playback these inps and report if you can playback or not playback to these advertised scores.

========================================

-http://marp.retrogames.com/inp/mm_sside ... mame55.zip
Can't playback with or without nvram(it loses sync at third match with nvram...).This game playbacks fine(at least mine works)

-http://marp.retrogames.com/inp/ddr_sbbr ... mame36.zip
Doesn't playback without nvram.Never checked with nvram though...

-Any contcirc recording doesn't playback.To check with no autoframeskip

-http://marp.retrogames.com/inp/tjt_kona ... mame36.zip
It loses sync at the long jump event.Changed rom or nvram needed?
Last edited by Chad on Mon Mar 25, 2002 12:44 pm, edited 3 times in total.
-skito
tmorrow
Button Masher
Button Masher

Post by tmorrow »

All 3 fail for me.
sbbros desynchs on 1-5 at score 217,000.
konami88 fouls out of the long jump.
ssideki3 doesn't even start.
Tim
The TJT
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by The TJT »

If I remember, I'll try to playback my ko88.inp this evening, after watching "the one"...

I would think I have playbacked it earlier though, I usually do. Have you managed to playback my 88games inp, it's propably recorded using same settings, and someone has confirmed it in distant past.

My advice would be: Use DOSmame, delete nvram /(try using default nvram), try with soundcard 1 /(nosound)(-sr 11025/22050), -frameskip 2, -VSYNC...samples?

Also maybe delete cfg,hi, blaablaablaa...I'll try it after the movie and couple showoff galagamspacmanfasts at local arcade. Don't think it's ok if only I say it works 8)
The TJT
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by The TJT »

Tried couple of times in the morning, out of sync at longjump, fuck.

I have deleted the whole nvram folder, but afaik this game does not save highscores. Some 36final score is confirmed, so maybe version is not to blame?
At the same day, I uploaded many m37b10 scores, wonder if...

I definitely would not care to record it again, trust my word, it's awesome recording, godlike, not easy to beat, sore score, I even edited nice screesnshot for confirmation.

So anyone can playback it? How about the clone?

The One
Chad
Tournament Coordinator

Post by Chad »

could not playback mm_ssideki3_663_mame55.zip with mamew sound or no, doesn't even register credit.

could not playback sbros, only plays back to 210k. (i noticed ddr has already uploaded a fix to this one in mame57)

could not playback konami recording.

I guess that qualifies as 3 against none who canT get all three of these recordings to playback, so they're going in the can.

Tommi, you might play around with the sound options, mame36 was a long time ago it's possible that the ym opl settings were changed and even frequency 44/22 in your mame.cfg, if you got it to playback once perhaps a different sound setting will make it playback.
Last edited by Chad on Thu Mar 28, 2002 3:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
-skito
mahlemiut
Editor

Post by mahlemiut »

Chad wrote:could not playback mm_ssideki3_663_mame55.zip with mamew sound or no, doesn't even register credit.
Sound to me like NVRAM was used. Most games that use NVRAM, will initialise it at startup when found to be invalid (ie: when there wasn't any to start with). which it wouldn't do if it contained valid data. Of course, coins can't be registered during the initalisation, and that initialisation doesn't take place if NVRAM is present.

I'll stop rambling now. :wink:
- Barry Rodewald
MARP Assistant Web Maintainer
Chad
Tournament Coordinator

Post by Chad »

tried a default nvrams for ssideki and sbros, still no go...

I also got most all of the contcirc recordings to playback, DMY's played back to 5Mil + with no sound and frameskip 0, the initials were entered in a wierd way and the car just stopped for the last 10 seconds, maybe DMY "hit escape". But could only get MondoMilla's recording to playback to 2.5mil half of advertised score.
-skito
Phil Lamat
Regulation Coordinator

Post by Phil Lamat »

I think the good question is not "how inp should be playback" but "how inp should be RECORD" ; for several games, using -soundcard 0 and -frameskip 0 will only playback correctly if inp has been recording with same options [the more recent example of that is drifto94 : several recordings were playing back fine for 4 or 5 races then losing sync ; abbe tested recordings with -sd 0 -fr 0 and then no problem : playback correctly with same options till the end of the game

All we have to do for problematic games is to find options to use to RECORD so that it can playback correctly with same options, then edit these options in the "special rules" box as a requirment

And if we don't find options working, then temporarily * the game
Chad
Tournament Coordinator

Post by Chad »

this is true, recording with different options can add even another complexity to a recording and thus it matters how you record to make a game's recording work. It's also not a great thing to force people to play at fs0 when their computer is slow... hopefully people won't take advantage of this fs0, "but you said to record with fs0 therefore you told me to make my fps 60%"
-skito
Kale
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by Kale »

OK, I confirmed tjt 88games some months ago because it playback fine without nvram.

As for ssideki3(and his "clone" neocup98),it playback fine if you record it without sound AND use mame35 final .Probably this applies with other neo geo games that doesn't playback...

and another note:there is also the nam1975 recording by J.Faria that can't playback; he probably used default nvram
-http://marp.retrogames.com/inp/jfa_nam1 ... _win58.zip
The TJT
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by The TJT »

Since you are so interested in konami88, I wonder why my hypspspsps recording is not confirmed, it's gameplay is identical to k88...and it's a bit better score. 284K Hypersports special recording was recorded using DOS, but it playsback fine for me using different machine and even Windows mame 36F, I used options: no sound, nvram removed, frameskip 4. Someone confirm it, lease.

It also kind of proves k88 score validity. I wonder what was the idea behind questioning the recording anyway, since nobody is interested to even try to compete with me at it. The conclusion will be that I'll have to record again, without any kind of competition or interest for the game by other marplings or lurkers.

-----------
It's all fun and games, until Richy...
Kale
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by Kale »

I'm not so good at Track & Field genre games,but I'm interested in seeing nice recordings on it.You did it quite well indeed on hypspspspsps(That qualify range at third time is quite out of mind...).I will wait for your (surely great) recording at Gold Medalist(How many olympics competitions are there BTW?My max was Barcelona :( )