Inps having Playback Problems : lastblad, gunbird, knckhead

Discussion of playback questions / problems. Any recording where people have playback problems should appear here.

Moderator: Chad

Chad
Tournament Coordinator

Inps having Playback Problems : lastblad, gunbird, knckhead

Post by Chad »

Currently, I've got three (3) problematic inps on my list.

http://marp.retrogames.com/inp/jfa_last ... _win58.zip
I tried with mame58, mamed58, and win58, with and with out sound.

http://marp.retrogames.com/inp/bbh_knck ... mame58.zip
I tried mamed with and with out sound, seem to get a different character if i attempt playback with same settings which means it's probably random problem (or i am just lame.) mamew and mame32 gives me a seg fault when i run knckhead.

http://marp.retrogames.com/inp/bbh_gunb ... mame57.zip
gunbird I can't get anything to playback, but i can get all gunbirdj recordings to playback that i try. I tried mame58 and mamed58, with and with out sound.
Last edited by Chad on Wed Apr 03, 2002 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
-skito
BBH
Editor

Post by BBH »

Alright, I'm guilty. The knckhead inp doesn't play back. I know I should have tried to play it back, but I didn't want to bother because it was a shitty recording that I was just going to upload for the time being, because I didn't want to bother playing that shitty game any more at the time. The only thing that's remotely interesting about the game is Claudia's bouncing. But since this is obviously so important, I will re-record later when I have a chance... the only problem is that DOS playbacks seem to be fux0red, and I tried to record a sample inp with both win57 and win58, and it ended up crashing on the rom loading both times. Go figure.

as for Gunbird, I SWEAR TO AKI THAT IT PLAYED BACK FINE ON MY COMPUTER. If it's not playing back, I don't know what to say because I had no problems with it. And I really don't enjoy trying to record that game on this computer with the constant frameskipping... sigh...
Chad
Tournament Coordinator

Post by Chad »

KALE: thanks for the problematic inps! please start a new topic for different inps that don't playback, this topic is just to respond success or failure of the inps of the original poster. But i'll check playing back your problematic ones. And in my twisted head dmame==mamed==dos mame

BBH: sorry to put you in the stocks. I'm sure gunbird playedback fine"once" but it sure never playedback at all for me, gunbirdj playsback fine go figure.

AND I have to say BBH is the one person I can nearly 100% garuantee to have playedback their recordings before uploading (or at least smart enough to really know when a recording is going to playback or not.) Also the one person to honestly NOT upload a recording when they know it's not going to playback. I can think of a few people that just constantly upload inps (specially for games that have just come out in a new release) with out checking them. I'm thinking of starting a black list for people that seem to upload lots of recordings that don't playback and BBH would never be on that list because of the % of good recordings uploaded. But maybe if bad inps are posted here and verified the people on the imaginary black list will be more likely to check their inps before uploading.
-skito
BBH
Editor

Post by BBH »

me 100% guaranteed to play back an inp before uploading? not even close. ;) heck, I've had my fair share of scores that were off by a digit...

anyway, it seems that Knuckle Heads inps don't seem to playback in DOS. Just recorded one with MAME32-56 and it plays back fine. Enjoy my shitty play on a shitty game :? (I tell ya, Claudia's the most entertaining part)
Chad
Tournament Coordinator

Post by Chad »

BBH wrote:me 100% guaranteed to play back an inp before uploading? not even close. ;) heck, I've had my fair share of scores that were off by a digit...

anyway, it seems that Knuckle Heads inps don't seem to playback in DOS. Just recorded one with MAME32-56 and it plays back fine. Enjoy my shitty play on a shitty game :? (I tell ya, Claudia's the most entertaining part)
well the broken playback limited the number of bounces i could see, so i HAD to have that one fixed :twisted: And it looks like you fixed that one, by recording with an old mame version that actually doesn't crash before playing. I'll add this to the playback specific options list. 1 down two to go.
-skito
Chad
Tournament Coordinator

Post by Chad »

lastblad was recorded with default nvram and zeroed out.
-skito