ERROR: required files are missing...

Discussion of playback questions / problems. Any recording where people have playback problems should appear here.

Moderator: Chad

artz
Button Slapper
Button Slapper

Post by artz »

I just recently check the old forum archives, and didn't see any problems related to this.

Since my last post, I've been able to run most games .inp files without any problems. The only problem I seem to be running into now is Donkey Kong. I've gotten this message on two games. The message I've been getting is:
dkong.2k NOT FOUND
dkong.2j NOT FOUND
dkong.5f NOT FOUND
ERROR: required files are missing, the game cannot be run.

I get this message when either trying to play an .inp or a game right after the selection of the soundcard option.

This is with win37b11 and game dkong. My guess is that I'm getting this message because my game set (around .53 or .54 release) is newer than win37. Any suggestions?
Kale
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by Kale »

Yes,some roms of the dkong set are changed on .53,so you can't play it unless you find the older set or you upgrade the emulator to a newer version...
kfx
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by kfx »

If you need the old rom, I can send it to you if you leave your e-mail.
artz
Button Slapper
Button Slapper

Post by artz »

Thanks Kale, kfx,

kfx, if you can send that to me I would appreciate it. I updated my profile so my email address is on there now.

I actually tried running a couple of the .inp's for Donkey Kong on mame53 or mame 56, and got some strange results.

artz